• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

Ok. Sorry. Your post seemed to me that you are jokinh. The qestion still remains....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation?

I have in the past but it still doesn't make it right. My mouth spoke before the brain had a chance to think, and the Holy Spirit convicted me of it. By that I mean, my conscience knew it was a lie and it was wrong (a sin). I continue to keep in remembrance what comes out of my mouth is a reflection of what is inside of me. I'm never going to be perfect until the Lord calls me home, but in the mean time, I'm going to do my very best and try to walk in righteousness and not lie to the best of my ability. That would include even if it would hurt someones feelings, in which some cases it might be better just to remain silent. 

Just my thoughts.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

I wonder....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation?

Sure, everyone did tell a lie in whatever situation in their lives.  A christian would strive to heed the teachings of the bible and avoid the traps set by the enemy.  Would I ever not tell a lie again, who knows, but I certainly does not try to wiggle myself out of situations with a lie.  

Hypothetical  question as the one you posed are not to be entertained as it is prompting one to say things that he does not know or say something that may be untrue.

Here are some good biblical advice.

Proverbs 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Edited by warrior12
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

30 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Sure, everyone did tell a lie in whatever situation in their lives.  A christian would strive to heed the teachings of the bible and avoid the traps set by the enemy.  Would I ever not tell a lie again, who knows, but I certainly does not try to wiggle myself out of situations with a lie.  

Hypothetical  question as the one you posed are not to be entertained as it is prompting one to say things that he does not know or say something that may be untrue.

Here are some good biblical advice.

Proverbs 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

I am not trying to promote lies. However I did notice not just in my life but in the Bible as well that in order to protect someone this is the right thing to do. Two examples:

1.Exodus 1: 15. The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16. "When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live." 17. The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. 18. Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, "Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?" 19. The midwives answered Pharaoh, "Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive." 20. So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous.

So even though the midwives were lying GOD WAS KIND TO THEM.

2. 1 Samuel 21: 1. David went to Nob, to Ahimelek the priest. Ahimelek trembled when he met him, and asked, "Why are you alone? Why is no one with you?" 2. David answered Ahimelek the priest, "The king sent me on a mission and said to me, 'No one is to know anything about the mission I am sending you on.' As for my men, I have told them to meet me at a certain place.

David was lying in every way. He was not sent to a secret mission. Further more he was asking the priest to give him the consecrated bread which he was not supposed to eat. Still... Jesus was quoting him as an example.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1 hour ago, Zoltan777 said:

Let's play a game.

You live somewhere in Europe around the world war 2. Managed to hide some Jews in your home. One day the nacis knock own your door asking  DO YOU HIDE ANY JEWS IN YOUR HOUSE?

What would you say?

Also, let say your a jews back then and you are hiding in my house. If the nacis come knocking on my door with the same question I would say no. After they have left what would you say to me?

I would tell the truth no matter what the situation is. And I tell you the truth now...if a lie caused my wife to be raped, I might lie. If it caused her to be killed, I wouldn't lie. If caused her to lose her legs and arms, I wouldn't lie. Very very few things I would lie about. 

Satan will put many obstacles in your path to make you stumble. What did Satan say to Eve? "you will not certainly die".

"It's better to lose one of your members, then for your entire body burn". This is the extent of avoiding sin Jesus gives us. If your tongue causes you to lie, cut it off.

What happened to Ananias when Peter said, "you have lied to the Holy Spirit". He dropped dead, and likewise his wife.

Proverbs 12:22 - "The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy."

I've thought about this question myself for a while. What if your lie caused 1 million souls to be saved, would you lie?

The answer is: It wouldn't be what "I would do". It would be what the Holy Spirit guides me to do.

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Just now, Davida said:

God gave the midwives favor not because they lied but  because   " they feared GOD" therefore did not obey the Pharoh. 

Did they lie or not?

• This is Worthy 1

4 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

One thing for sure...If I need to hide you were the last person to ask for help. 

Also I feel sorry for your wife.

You would need to ask a sinner for help. Not me. 

I'm not sinning for you to keep your life.

Whoever keeps their life will lose it. Whoever loses it, will keep it.

• Thumbs Up 1

"For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it."

Would Jesus lie to save you? You're living on the wrong planet if you think so.

JESUS SAID: WHOM DO YE SEEK? WE SEEK JESUS OF NAZARETH

HERE

I.

AM.

23 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

I am not trying to promote lies. However I did notice not just in my life but in the Bible as well that in order to protect someone this is the right thing to do.

The thing is, every man has to answer for his time here with his maker on that day.  There are lots of private situations that each individual face on a daily basis.  That person morals has to come to play when situations arise. Asking if someone IF he would be untruthful in the future is for me a question that is uncertain, therefore him giving an answer as to a positive or negative now could be not how the truths or  untruths turned out to be.  

It is in this regard I am referring to and not suggesting you trying to promote lies.   Pondering on a question like that at this moment is irrelevant IMO.  There are lots of situation that arises and the first thought a prudent believer would do is pray about it, seek the Lord help and take it from there.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

24 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

Whoever keeps their life will lose it. Whoever loses it, will keep it.

The believer today must understand clearly the above. It is vital in his daily life here as real curve balls would be throw.

Those who live Godly "would " be persecuted, so the Bible clearly says. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I would lie and not think twice about if it prevented hurting somebody’s feelings.

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1