• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Do you mean after BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG (sound of reloading and charging the chamber) BANG, BANG, BANG, what would I say? Lord I commend my soul unto Thine hands dear Jesus. 

That's right dennis .   Even in death we got all hope and our LORD is with us .     YES PRAISE THE LORD .    ALL HONOR is due HIM .

He saved us ,  and let us walk in the Spirit and do all things that honor him , no matter what the cost .  YOU LEAP UP DENNIS ,  and PRAISE THE LORD .

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Are you serious... ?  (That's a serious question, not meant in sarcasm.) 

YOU loved abby .    Folks are forgetting something .  which is more important ,   someones feelings , opinions , OR TRUTH .    GOD gets honored FIRST and foremost .

Lets see should we mock GOD and lie , just so ones feelings might not get hurt .    I KNOW YOU KNOW that answer sister . A RESOUNDING NO .

YOU LOVED SISTER .    Throw those hands up and praise the LORD .   YOU TOO GARY , wherever you are , when you read this , PRAISE THE LORD . 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

This is a tough question, because I see your compassion towards that worker and you took the blame to cover him.  My fear is that he will take advantage of this and forces you to bear a bigger cost or blame down the road.  Honesty is the best policy, and the one at fault must bear his/her consequences.  

I have lied to protect myself or someone else before, usually to prevent a potentially ugly reaction or outcome, but I'd feel guilty for lying.  White lies help us immediately, but sometimes we'd eventually have to tell the truth.  It's a tough call, really.  I'd consult with God before and pray for a favorable outcome or resolution after.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Well guys...giving the example from the bible like in my previous post:

The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16“When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.” 17The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. 18Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, “Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?”
19The midwives answered Pharaoh, “Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive.”
20So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. 21And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own.

Did they sin when they lied? You can twist it, you can add to it but it's very clear. No. Their attitude and acting as a whole story- including their lies - pleased God and therefore He blessed them. 

I am not promoting lies. But as I started this topic, recently I got to a situation where I made a choice and I think that was the right thing to do. I don't like lying but if it is about saving someone from being punished innocently I would lie without hesitation.

I started this topic to see what other Christians think about this. And I think people who says "I would rather let my wife get rapped than to lie" has very little insight about love. 

The other example I used about David when he ate the consecrated bread and lied to a priest about his "secret mission". Did he sin? I don't think so. If you think he did why Jesus using him an as example for the pharisees? 

What I have seen here is enough to make my conclusion: majority of the Christian became religious and their heart and teaching much closer to the pharisees than to the truth.
Edited by Zoltan777
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:
Did they sin when they lied? You can twist it, you can add to it but it's very clear. No. Their attitude and acting as a whole story- including their lies - pleased God and therefore He blessed them. 

I am not promoting lies. But as I started this topic, recently I got to a situation where I made a choice and I think that was the right thing to do. I don't like lying but if it is about saving someone from being punished innocently I would lie without hesitation.

I started this topic to see what other Christians think about this. And I think people who says "I would rather let my wife get rapped than to lie" has very little insight about love. 

The other example I used about David when he ate the consecrated bread and lied to a priest about his "secret mission". Did he sin? I don't think so. If you think he did why Jesus using him an as example for the pharisees? 

What I have seen here is enough to make my conclusion: majority of the Christian became religious and their heart and teaching much closer to the pharisees than to the truth.

The Lord does allow trials in the life of a Christian and one may not know what situation however small or trivial that he has allowed to come our way.  Everyone will have to account for his actions by the ultimate judge.  You can be your own judge and justify whatever you do, but the scriptures are there to guide the believer to live a Godly and righteous life in the SIGHT OF THE LORD.   If you have found in scripture that one can lie and be right with the Lord , then by all means you can continue to live your life as such.  There is a situation with two people in the scripture who lied and they suddenly died afterwards. They did not kill anyone or commit any heinous crime, but they died nevertheless.  You may be familiar with the incident.  

Christians are not perfect and  may do things that is not right with the Lord, but we are left with graces to genuinely repent when we do things that are not right in the SIGHT OF THE LORD.  It is all about the heart and the Lord knows everyone's. 

Your conclusion is a judgement, and you made such by a question that poses preconceive thoughts and actions of a would be situation.   Satan is the one that creates confusion, doubts and fear and promotes illusion and delusion, just be aware of that.

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

Let me start with a story.

I am a building manager. Many contractor working under me. Today our cleaner came to me saying he put the hover inside the lift but left the cable outside. Somebody called the lift and of course..it snapped the cable.

When he came to me I could see the dispair on his face. He is a very nice foreign guy (from Columbia) working under me more then a year. After he told me what happened I said: no worries I will talk to your boss. So I called him and said a completely different story. I told him it was my fault. The cleaner put the hover in the lift while I was inside and didn't see that some of the cable is still outside. When I went down the lift snapped the cable. I also told him I would pay for any extra cost to repair the hover. Of course he refused it as they are just a contractors of our company and said it's all good. We are going to replace the hover.

To be honest....I feel like I did the right thing and I am not feeling guilty at all. If they come back with a bill I would pay for it. If the cleaner was an evil man I wouldn't get involved in this situation. But he is an adorable person. 

I wonder....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation?

I would have been honest about what happened, but I would advocated for the worker.  I would have told his boss that it was okay, that you are not angry, that he made a mistake and that you still want him to work with you.  I would have gone to bat for the man so he didn't lose his job.   There was no reason to lie.  

1 hour ago, Davida said:

What I have a problem with is saying God blesses lying based upon the Bible. No I do not think that is what the Bible teaches. I also don't think David lied to the Priest.  The reality is, in life Christians will find themselves in moral dilemmas and will have to prayerfully make a decision & hopefully their conscience has been placed under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. As an example , it might be right at sometime to take the blame for someone else , it might be right to deflect the negative focus off of someone in that moment,  or it might be right to let things unfold as they will- because each situation will be different & will pose it's own ethical/moral /spiritual tests and learning.  In the end we are accountable to God.

Well...I am not saying that God blesses those who lies because it's not true in general at all. But...I think there are some situation where lying is the right thing to do. Like in the situation of the midwives or David.

As for David: 

1. David went to Nob, to Ahimelek the priest. Ahimelek trembled when he met him, and asked, "Why are you alone? Why is no one with you?" 2. David answered Ahimelek the priest, "The king sent me on a mission and said to me, 'No one is to know anything about the mission I am sending you on.' As for my men, I have told them to meet me at a certain place.

That was a proper lie. But I believe he did the right thing anyway.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I would have been honest about what happened, but I would advocated for the worker.  I would have told his boss that it was okay, that you are not angry, that he made a mistake and that you still want him to work with you.  I would have gone to bat for the man so he didn't lose his job.   There was no reason to lie.  

I have edited my first post as many people are commenting on the story and not on the question I have asked. 

But maybe you are right. Perhaps, I could have sorted out this situation in a different way. But it's too late anyway.