• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

The Lord does allow trials in the life of a Christian and one may not know what situation however small or trivial that he has allowed to come our way.  Everyone will have to account for his actions by the ultimate judge.  You can be your own judge and justify whatever you do, but the scriptures are there to guide the believer to live a Godly and righteous life in the SIGHT OF THE LORD.   If you have found in scripture that one can lie and be right with the Lord , then by all means you can continue to live your life as such.  There is a situation with two people in the scripture who lied and they suddenly died afterwards. They did not kill anyone or commit any heinous crime, but they died nevertheless.  You may be familiar with the incident.  

Christians are not perfect and  may do things that is not right with the Lord, but we are left with graces to genuinely repent when we do things that are not right in the SIGHT OF THE LORD.  It is all about the heart and the Lord knows everyone's. 

Your conclusion is a judgement, and you made such by a question that poses preconceive thoughts and actions of a would be situation.   Satan is the one that creates confusion, doubts and fear and promotes illusion and delusion, just be aware of that.

The problem is that you think there is no difference between lies. Well...lie is a lie but there is always a certain situation and motive that makes people lie. What Ananas and Sapphira did was a serious sin and they deserved to die. Because they motives was sinful.

The situation of the midwives and David is completely different. They also lied.... But what do you think? Did God count it as a sin against them? Because I don't think so. So there is difference between lies

I am not promoting lies and don't live such life. I am just simply observing the Bible and asking people because I want to know the way they are thinking. My conclusion was indeed a judgement but still think it's true.

About the confusion I have created....well the whole forum full of theoretical or theological arguments. I have started this topic with a true story of mine and not by an imagined situation. My question was "I wonder....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation where you thought is the right thing to do?" I am not sure why you think I am promoting illusion or delusion. I have told my opinion giving you biblical evidence. What you will do with it is up to you but you are right about this:  Everyone will have to account for his actions by the ultimate judge.

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

In all honesty Zoltan777, nobody knows if they will lie in a certain situation until they are faced with the challenge.  Have I lied in the past, yes, due to some sort of fear.  Will I lie in the future?  I hope not, but I can not say one way or another.   I'm not sure where this thread is going or why it was created, but to me, you seem to be asking if you are normal by asking if others would do as you did if faced with the same situation.  To this, I would say I am more on the side of telling the truth as accidents happen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Zoltan777 said:

Let me start with a story.

I am a building manager. Many contractor working under me. Today our cleaner came to me saying he put the hover inside the lift but left the cable outside. Somebody called the lift and of course..it snapped the cable.

When he came to me I could see the dispair on his face. He is a very nice foreign guy (from Columbia) working under me more then a year. After he told me what happened I said: no worries I will talk to your boss. So I called him and said a completely different story. I told him it was my fault. The cleaner put the hover in the lift while I was inside and didn't see that some of the cable is still outside. When I went down the lift snapped the cable. I also told him I would pay for any extra cost to repair the hover. Of course he refused it as they are just a contractors of our company and said it's all good. We are going to replace the hover.

To be honest....I feel like I did the right thing and I am not feeling guilty at all. If they come back with a bill I would pay for it. If the cleaner was an evil man I wouldn't get involved in this situation. But he is an adorable person. 

I wonder....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation where you thought is the right thing to do?

I can relate to your story, and thought what you did was commendable, yet you did miss the mark in God's eyes (the full price). In hindsight, what if. What if you called the young man's boss, explained what (did) happen, an accident. Adding to that as you explained here, that first off, the guy didn't lie or make excuses. And he impressed you enough with his work ethic, a nice adorable dude. And you was willing to pay any damage, personally, which would allow God to intercede, due to/because of  your honesty. I have lied often enough to spare someone embarrassment or pain and as you said, felt more better for doing it than the guilt of missing God's mark by lying. (I'm not lying now-I tell the truth) I still do things like that, such as telling someone who had just blatantly offended me that I really appreciate their sharing with me their wisdom, nicely, knowing full well I didn't.  Or I tell my pimply faced young teen aged grand daughter  how pretty she looks,  feeling sorry for her condition.  (She really is beautiful inside)    Oh well................default_cool2.gif.9e2f5bb07ec671dc4851729db13c15d5.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

I can relate to your story, and thought what you did was commendable, yet you did miss the mark in God's eyes (the full price). In hindsight, what if. What if you called the young man's boss, explained what (did) happen, an accident. Adding to that as you explained here, that first off, the guy didn't lie or make excuses. And he impressed you enough with his work ethic, a nice adorable dude. And you was willing to pay any damage, personally, which would allow God to intercede, due to/because of  your honesty. I have lied often enough to spare someone embarrassment or pain and as you said, felt more better for doing it than the guilt of missing God's mark by lying. (I'm not lying now-I tell the truth) I still do things like that, such as telling someone who had just blatantly offended me that I really appreciate their sharing with me their wisdom, nicely, knowing full well I didn't.  Or I tell my pimply faced young teen aged grand daughter  how pretty she looks,  feeling sorry for her condition.  (She really is beautiful inside)    Oh well................default_cool2.gif.9e2f5bb07ec671dc4851729db13c15d5.gif

Or I tell my pimply faced young teen aged grand daughter  how pretty she looks,  feeling sorry for her condition.  (She really is beautiful inside)

This is the type of lying  I was talking about ......it’s that’s “Spirit of the Law” trumping the “Letter of the Law” thingy.I will not hurt anybody’s feelings if it is in any way avoidable— despite the callousness on display here by a few  that think sparing feelings is a small thing.Pharisees are still with us today—- and that is no lie.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

I have lied before most have.. I don't want to do it as it is a sin.  Every sin is a problem.   I think it was nice that you wanted to help this person but maybe the next time you could use this issue to to tell the person you will pray for him and that you will do your best but cannot lie.  I am far from perfect as we all are so not saying I would use that opportunity but I would want to  since you asked us to think about it.   It is hard but that is where we trust God to work it out.  Not throwing any stones.  I would like to point out war is different then every day life.  You asked a good question.  

Edited by Frances

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

In the bible Rachel hid the spies and lied about it. She was comended.In hebrews she is called a women of faith. If I hid someone from a murderous person who would kill him or her. And they wanted to know I would say I don't know nothing like Sgt clike. It's more evil to cause the murderous then to lie. But yes speak truth out of love. You were kind. Yes I have lied. After I lied I went and told the truth that I lied. But in this case you would hurt someone so carry on.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/28/2018 at 3:18 AM, Zoltan777 said:

I wonder....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation where you thought is the right thing to do?

To lie in order to save the life of people is OK.

The woman in Jericho hide the two spies of the Hebrew and lied to save their lives.

Many civilians hide Jews from German's persecution in WW2 and told the nazi they saw no Jews.

Before the Normandy landing the Allies spread misinformation regarding the D Day in order to save the lives of hundred thousand soldiers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, I have found the most common lies that EVERYBODY makes. Including Christians:

- yes I have read and agreed to the above terms & condition

- I'm fine just tired 

- I will be back in two second

-Did you understand this? Yes I did.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Over a broken cable? No i wouldn't have. Its simply not a big deal...if the contractor is as good as you say I suspect they would have forgiven the employee and understood everyone makes mistakes. 

If you were really concerned you should have just gone to the boss and said hey, i know he messed up but it was an honest mistake and i really like having him work around here cuz he does a good job. Everyone hates being lied to and if said contractor finds out you lied it could make business relations bad for you. But most contractors love happy clients and if forgiving a employees mistake means keeping their client happy most contractors will do so.

Edited by The_Patriot2018