IGNORED

WorthyNews:Kavanaugh Emotionally Refutes Allegations, Calls Them 'Grotesque and Obvious Character Assassination'

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,298
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh gave an intense and tearful testimony Thursday, shooting down multiple allegations of sexual abuse during a historic Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

Kavanaugh called the allegations against him a "grotesque and coordinated character assassination" adding that his family and name "have been totally and permanently destroyed."

He says part of the reason for the allegations is anger by some about President Donald Trump's victory in the 2016 election.

"This confirmation process has become a national disgrace," he said. "You've replaced advice and consent with search and destroy." [ Source: CBN News (Read More...) ]

The post Kavanaugh Emotionally Refutes Allegations, Calls Them 'Grotesque and Obvious Character Assassination' appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Senator Chuck Grassley, who is one of my Senators, is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.  He could have shut down this nonsense early on and called for a vote on Kavanaugh.   But he doesn't have enough stamina to take on a stray dog in his back yard let alone the snake pit of D.C.  I hold Chuck Grassley and the Republicans more responsible than the Dems.  The Dems are who they are and just are acting in character of hating Amercanism and morality.  The Republicans are a bunch of weaklings with no spine that will not stand for what is right.  They are a waste of good oxygen.  There are rare few in that group that are good, but the party as a whole is a joke.  Time to get rid of both the Democrat and Republican parties.  They are just two sides of the same coin that despises the U.S. and what it was founded on.

As a Viet Nam vet, I have more than ample standing to call it as it is.

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

On 9/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, OldCoot said:

Senator Chuck Grassley, who is one of my Senators, is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.  He could have shut down this nonsense early on and called for a vote on Kavanaugh.   But he doesn't have enough stamina to take on a stray dog in his back yard let alone the snake pit of D.C.  I hold Chuck Grassley and the Republicans more responsible than the Dems.  The Dems are who they are and just are acting in character of hating Amercanism and morality.  The Republicans are a bunch of weaklings with no spine that will not stand for what is right.  They are a waste of good oxygen.  There are rare few in that group that are good, but the party as a whole is a joke.  Time to get rid of both the Democrat and Republican parties.  They are just two sides of the same coin that despises the U.S. and what it was founded on.

As a Viet Nam vet, I have more than ample standing to call it as it is.

Amen, Brother! (and thank you for your service to the country.)

I agree with you - particularly about the republicans.  Have you ever noticed - the dems march in lockstep; no one with a D after their name ever breaks ranks.  But in any given controversial issue, there always seems to be at least one or two (or 3 or 4) Rs who are more than willing to 'reach across the aisle' (I despise that term, btw) and do the Ds bidding.  Jeff Flake is simply the latest example.  And as I write this, I'm watching a football game and I see that Flake and his new pal Coons is going to be on "60 Minutes".  He's apparently taken the "John McCain chair" as the Left's favorite republican (i.e. one who can be counted on to stab his constituients/party in the back.)

Quick - when was the last time a D ventured 'across the aisle' and worked with an R.  I certainly cannot think of one.

To the uninitiated, the term "bipartisanism" sounds like a wonderful thing.  After all, shouldn't the members of Congress put aside partisan differences and work for the good of the people?  Yes.  But 'in theory' does not translate to fact.  What actually happens when Rs work with Ds is that borders become open; bad treaties with Iran get approved; and we tend to go into "no win" wars.

No thanks.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Well we have to be honest.  (D) Joe Lieberman broke ranks and even was a speaker at the 2008 Repub Nat Conv.   

(D) Zell Miller broke ranks and was a speaker at the 2004 Repub Nat Conv.  That was a speech for the record books.  I remember it quite well.  He took a lot of heat from the Dems. 

But it really pales in comparison to (R) politicians who seem to coddle up to (D) agendas.  And the Dems seem to really have their members on a very short leash.  It takes real guts to break ranks.