LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I thought this might make for an interesting post. I hear this phrase a lot. Love the sinner hate the sin. But do we really do that? Would you go out to lunch with someone who's lifestyle you didn't agree with?  Would you invite your Muslim neighbor over for a cake and coffee. Or in my case it would tea cause I don't drink coffee.  Sometimes I think we as Christians have an "us and them" way of looking at the world. Like somehow we are better then they are. We get all offended and we just don't like certain kinds of people. I visit the political forums on this site and I have seen what many of us think about Liberals. I myself don't think being a Liberal is a sin but clearly some of you do. So if you think being a Liberal is a sin, would you befriend a Liberal?  Invite them over for a cook out? So what do you all think? Do you really love sinners? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Knowing what liberals believe, I don't think I could find common ground with them. Pray for them, certainly, but to befriend someone who--for instance--thinks it's just dandy to kill a baby from conception through delivery? No. That's a non-starter.

Edited by John Robinson
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I have accepted a couple of holiday dinner invitations from a lesbian couple....I used to take one of their mothers to church and they were also my neighbors at that time.   The lesbians didn't profess to be Christians and they knew I didn't agree with that lifestyle.   I also have friends who were raised as Muslims but they don't really follow it.   I have various neighbors in this big building including Catholics and secular people.

As the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 5:9-11....if a person says they are a brother or sister but they are indulging in various sins, we are not to keep company with them.   However, this does not apply to those that are not claiming to be Christians....how will we reach people for Christ if we do not associate with them?   We do not need to spend alot of time with them but we should love them as our neighbors with God's love.  Perhaps some have never had contact with a Christian before.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

My problem is trying to have "fellowship" with Christians who simply choose to disregard the Bible.

This may explain it: when I joined the Army (many years ago), one of things I was introduced to early in basic training was a book called the Uniform Code of Military Justice, or more simply, the UCMJ.

The first night I was there, our DI slowly walked the barracks floor between us with it held high in his hand. I'm going to clean up what he said, but its gist was, "ladies [yeah, we were men, but he was making a point], this book I'm holding is THE book you will abide by. In it is found every rule, and the penalty for breaking that rule. I'm not asking you to memorize it, but know this, you WILL be judged by it. That may not seem fair. That may not be right. But it IS the truth, and if you go against its pages, the punishment WILL be severe."

So it is with God's Word. Yes, Jesus saves us, and yes, there is grace, but when God makes His wishes about certain issues known in clear terms, we go against those wishes at our peril. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Blessings Lady Kay..Thank you for this post..I think it is very easy to say love the sinner..but to truly experience it by the Holy Spirit Is such a wonderful overpowering experience...Not just words..

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

My hang up is racist I really do not like  racist. I can sort of tolerate  them for a short time. But if they start saying n-word this and n- word that, well that is when things get ugly between me and them.  I could just walk away. But do I? No.....not me. I jump right in with both feet and I let them know what I think about them using the n-word.  But I mostly feel bad for them more so then anything else. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Anybody that uses the N-Word in my home will promptly be shown the door.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, John Robinson said:

My problem is trying to have "fellowship" with Christians who simply choose to disregard the Bible.

This may explain it: when I joined the Army (many years ago), one of things I was introduced to early in basic training was a book called the Uniform Code of Military Justice, or more simply, the UCMJ.

The first night I was there, our DI slowly walked the barracks floor between us with it held high in his hand. I'm going to clean up what he said, but its gist was, "ladies [yeah, we were men, but he was making a point], this book I'm holding is THE book you will abide by. In it is found every rule, and the penalty for breaking that rule. I'm not asking you to memorize it, but know this, you WILL be judged by it. That may not seem fair. That may not be right. But it IS the truth, and if you go against its pages, the punishment WILL be severe."

So it is with God's Word. Yes, Jesus saves us, and yes, there is grace, but when God makes His wishes about certain issues known in clear terms, we go against those wishes at our peril. 

There is no real fellowship with someone claiming to be a Christian who would disregard the Bible.   

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.  1 John 1:7

• Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'll ask again, is this thread speaking of the theological liberal or political liberal? 

What does it matter? 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The witness of The Person of Jesus must be of s/Spiritual discernment … not blind obedience

Matt 7:5-6

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
KJV

examining the soil (their place in the world) helps... after all we want to bear as much as we can in our labor for His Glory!

The Parable of the Sower 

Mark 4:1-9

(Matt 13:1-9; Luke 8:4-8)

4 And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea. 2 Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching: 

3 "Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow.  4 And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it.  5 Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth.  6 But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away.  7 And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop.  8 But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred." 

9 And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" 
NKJV

• Thumbs Up 1