WailingWall

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

After we are changed in the twinkling of an eye are there any scriptures that directly say we are headin for heaven?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

Theres nothing there about the question i asked. Is there?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, WailingWall said:

After we are changed in the twinkling of an eye are there any scriptures that directly say we are headin for heaven?

Hi WailingWall,

Interesting specific question. Here are my thoughts from scripture -

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of  God, (the Father). Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth, for you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in GLORY.`  (Col. 3: 1 - 3)

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

After you are changed in the twinkling of the eyes you will be gathered in the cloud (the great multitude) and then taken to the Throne.

1 Thes 4:15 By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

You will be taken to the Throne after being gathered in the clouds,  Jesus will not  make a U Turn to return you to earth again to be ruled by the antichrist ?

Matthew 25:31 (KJV)
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

But His throne is gonna be down here

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi WailingWall,

Interesting specific question. Here are my thoughts from scripture -

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of  God, (the Father). Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth, for you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in GLORY.`  (Col. 3: 1 - 3)

regards, Marilyn.

Matthew 25:31 (KJV)
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

The reason i ask this question is because i can find plenty of scriptures that say when God gathers His people He will bring them to Jerusalem for the kingdom rest but i cant find a one saying we are going to heaven. Not a one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

20 hours ago, WailingWall said:

NO you are right, nowhere in the Bible does it say we are going to a place called heaven. The Lord is coming here and we shall be with Him forever. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 Cor 5:6-8

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
KJV

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Greetings to all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

The most explicit reference to our going to Heaven is likely Christ's promise found in John 14:2-3. That coupled with the plethora of references concerning Christ being in heaven at this time causes us to believe that He will come again and receive us unto Himself that where He is we may be also. There is also ancillary evidence that we will be going to Heaven.

Heb 10:34  For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Col 1:5  For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

Php 3:20  For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Eph 3:15  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

It is also true that the innumerable multitude spoken of in Rev 7:9-17 are the redeemed taken in the rapture, and we are seen standing before the throne of God in Heaven.

Glory be to Jesus Christ

Edited by Steve Conley
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Steve Conley said:

It is also true that the innumerable multitude spoken of in Rev 7:9-17 are the redeemed taken in the rapture, and we are seen standing before the throne of God in Heaven.

Could you show me the scripture from Rev.7 thats says the throne of God is in heaven?