• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - October 1, 2018

Friend, don't forget your passport!

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Here in Israel, I have to carry my passport everywhere. It's always in my pocket where ever I go. It's my source of American identity here in the Land, should anyone ever question it.

There have been times when it's been through the washer a few times -- at one point all the stamps in it were dulled and faded. As a matter of fact, this a few years ago when I was entering Israel, the airport clerk alerted me that they would not accept my passport in this condition – and that I had better replace it before I travel again. Gulp!

E.M. Bounds wrote in his book, Purpose in Prayer: "Christ taught us... to approach the Father in His name. That is our passport! It is in His name that we are to make our petitions known... There is no limit to the power of that name. "Whatsoever ye shall ask." That is the divine declaration, and it opens up to every praying child a vista of infinite resource and possibility ... and that is our heritage. All that Christ has may become ours if we obey the conditions."

We need our prayers to reach the throne of God! And in order for them to travel, they need a good passport!

Friend, when we pray in the mighty Name of Jesus (Yeshua, in Hebrew) today, our requests are transported right to God's holy throne room! Let's petition the Father according to His will and expect GREAT things to happen!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. 

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
832 now dead after Indonesian earthquake, tsunami
The death toll of an Indonesian earthquake and subsequent tsunami has more than doubled to 832, officials announced Sunday.
Canada-US reach deal to stay in trade pact with Mexico
Canada was back in a revamped North American free trade deal with the United States and Mexico late Sunday after weeks of bitter, high-pressure negotiations that brushed up against a midnight deadline.
Iran’s Revolutionary Guard launches missiles into Syria over parade attack
Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard said Monday it launched ballistic missiles into eastern Syria targeting terrorists it blamed for a recent attack on a military parade.
Iran, US in tense wait for world court sanctions ruling
The International Court of Justice will hand down an eagerly awaited decision this week on Iran’s demand for the suspension of debilitating nuclear-related sanctions imposed by the United States.
As Brexit divisions widen, PM May challenges Brexit critics
Prime Minister Theresa May called on her party on Sunday to unite behind her plan to leave the European Union, making a direct appeal to critics by saying their desire for a free trade deal was at the heart of her Brexit proposals.
Typhoon pummels Japan; flights canceled, trains shut down
A powerful typhoon ripped through Japan on Sunday, forcing cancellations of flights and trains, including in the Tokyo area as authorities warned of strong winds and torrential rain.
North Korea, South Korea begin removing landmines along fortified border
Troops from North and South Korea began removing some landmines along their heavily fortified border on Monday, the South's defense ministry said, as part of a pact to reduce tension and build trust on the divided peninsula.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Palestine files complaint over U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem in World Court
The International Court of Justice on Friday said it has received a complaint from the 'State of Palestine' against the United States, arguing that the US government's placement of its Israeli embassy in Jerusalem violates an international treaty and it should be removed.
How seriously should Israel take Syria’s Golan Heights threat?
Syria’s Foreign Minister Walid Muallem addressed the UN General Assembly on Saturday with a focus on what the regime intends to do about the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights. He declared that Damascus aims to recapture the territory from Israel after Syrian regime forces have retaken areas opposite the Israeli border during a recent Russian-backed offensive.
Palestinians, Arab Israelis begin general protest strike over nation-state law
Palestinians in the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem walked out Monday on a general strike in solidarity with Arab Israelis protesting Israel’s controversial nation-state law.

Inside the United States
Kavanaugh Clears Committee, FBI Investigation Now Looms
Republican Sen. Jeff Flake voted with his GOP colleagues Friday on the Senate Judiciary Committee to advance the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh but also joined with a bloc of senators from both sides of the aisle in pushing for an FBI investigation of the sexual assault allegations that would be limited to one week.
Knew nothing about any misconduct: Witnesses stick to stories as FBI digs into Kavanaugh case
Key witnesses have renewed their definitive statements that they did not see any of the sexual misconduct that a few women have said they suffered at the hands of Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh, bolstering his case as the FBI gets into the heart of its investigation.
Is this cross too Christian? Only the Supreme Court can save these war monuments
Very soon, the Supreme Court could announce its decision to hear an appeal over whether the 40-foot 'Peace Cross' -- as it is known by locals in Bladensburg, Md. -- is too tall and too Christian for a government to own and maintain in accordance with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.
Outside counsel for Ford hearing says no 'reasonable prosecutor' would bring charges against Kavanaugh
The outside counsel appointed by Senate Judiciary Republicans to ask questions during a hearing Thursday regarding the sexual assault allegation that California professor Christine Blasey Ford has pinned on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, says no 'reasonable prosecutor' would bring criminal charges against the judge.
Feds sue to block California's new strict net neutrality law
California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the nation’s strongest net neutrality rules into law Sunday, but the federal Justice Department quickly sued to block him, arguing he was interfering in federal powers to set national communications standards.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyemail.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA