Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

If I had to pick one sign, and single it out as the most important aspect of Jesus' return, it would be this one:

• For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.  Matthew 24:27
  • Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.  Revelation 1:7

When Jesus returns, every eye will see Him.  I see this as the most important aspect of His return because whenever the deceiver shows up and performs amazing signs and wonders and deceives the world, this will be the one truth that serves as an effective countermeasure to his lies and claim to deity.

The one thing that everyone should remember, regardless of eschatological preference, is that if you personally didn't see Jesus return, it didn't happen.

Edited by Last Daze
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

5 hours ago, Last Daze said:

"and every eye will see Him"

Why, shameless plug, that just so happens to be the title of the four-part blog of mine on the subject. Starts here:

21 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

Too many people overlook the words (because of their doctrine, not just pretrib) that the brightness of his coming/parousia,   THE RAPTURE,  is what will ultimately destroy the man of sin, and his kingdom.  

*[[2Th 2:8]] KJV* And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The fact that every eye shall see him when he comes with the glory of the Father and the holy angels,  will give the survivors of that day,  an unmistakable choice of good and evil.  Christ will no longer be the mystery of godliness: 

*[[1Ti 3:16]] KJV* And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Blessings

The PuP

Very strange and unusual things are going take place, the likes of which we've never seen before.  They will be performed by false prophets and false messiahs in an attempt to validate the lies of the man of sin, primarily that he is God, and should be worshiped as such.  That's why it's imperative that we understand how the return of the Lord takes place.

• For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.  Behold, I have told you in advance.  So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.  For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.  Matthew 24:24-27

There's a reason that we have been told this in advance.  The one thing to remember when things get really weird is that if you personally didn't see Jesus return, it didn't happen.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

On 10/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, Last Daze said:

If I had to pick one sign, and single it out as the most important aspect of Jesus' return, it would be this one:

• For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.  Matthew 24:27
  • Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.  Revelation 1:7

When Jesus returns, every eye will see Him.  I see this as the most important aspect of His return because whenever the deceiver shows up and performs amazing signs and wonders and deceives the world, this will be the one truth that serves as an effective countermeasure to his lies and claim to deity.

The one thing that everyone should remember, regardless of eschatological preference, is that if you personally didn't see Jesus return, it didn't happen.

A sign by its very nature must be something that comes enough in advance of an event as to actually be a sign that people can see and understand that the event is coming. the Lightning of His coming IS His coming, so cannot be a sign. Once every eye sees Him, too late for a sign. 

Another point: Paul tells us his rapture event IS a coming, but not every eye will see him: He will be hidden in a cloud. Only those caught up to Him will see Him. 

10 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

I think that a resumption of sacrifices on temple mount would greatly enhance the activity of false prophets and building the temple would enhance things even more so for false Christs. 

Blessings

The PuP 

I am convinced the sacrifices will begin soon after the temple is finished.

13 hours ago, iamlamad said:

A sign by its very nature must be something that comes enough in advance of an event as to actually be a sign that people can see and understand that the event is coming. the Lightning of His coming IS His coming, so cannot be a sign. Once every eye sees Him, too late for a sign. 

Another point: Paul tells us his rapture event IS a coming, but not every eye will see him: He will be hidden in a cloud. Only those caught up to Him will see Him. 

I see you missed the point entirely, but not the opportunity to argue semantics.  If you don't like the word "sign" substitute in "indication."  I'm really not interested in your own personal lexicon that you've apparently created solely for the purpose of argument.

Strong's #4592: semeion (pronounced say-mi'-on)

Neuter of a presumed derivative of the base of 4591; an indication, especially ceremonially or supernaturally:--miracle, sign, token, wonder.

Nothing there about "coming in advance of an event."  The fact that the lightning of His coming pertains to a future event is irrelevant.  It is still a sign.

15 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I see you missed the point entirely, but not the opportunity to argue semantics.  If you don't like the word "sign" substitute in "indication."  I'm really not interested in your own personal lexicon that you've apparently created solely for the purpose of argument.

Strong's #4592: semeion (pronounced say-mi'-on)

Neuter of a presumed derivative of the base of 4591; an indication, especially ceremonially or supernaturally:--miracle, sign, token, wonder.

Nothing there about "coming in advance of an event."  The fact that the lightning of His coming pertains to a future event is irrelevant.  It is still a sign.

I will agree with that: His coming appearing as lightning is an indication of His coming, and a supernatural wonder. 

On the other hand, the sun and moon turning dark is indeed a sign that will be seen before His coming. 

Sorry I missed your point "entirely."  My point was, by the time people see Him coming as lightning lighting up the sky, He will BE HERE!

I will admit, I did not know what a "sign" was; I only thought I knew.  Thanks for assisting me. 

I got it! If I don't see His coming, "He has not come." That was your point. 

Edited by iamlamad
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I got it! If I don't see His coming, "He has not come." That was your point. 

You're exactly right!  If a person is armed with the knowledge of that sign, they can discern that the man of sin is a liar when He claims to be God.  I understand that you expect to be gone by then but the entire world will at some point be confronted with the "worship or die" ultimatum.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

You're exactly right!  If a person is armed with the knowledge of that sign, they can discern that the man of sin is a liar when He claims to be God.  I understand that you expect to be gone by then but the entire world will at some point be confronted with the "worship or die" ultimatum.

Good point. Many will be deceived because they don't know what you just said!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, Last Daze said:

For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.  Matthew 24:27

Hey Last Daze,

As with any other passage of scripture, there's always disagreement with the meaning. Many people take it that Jesus return will be from East to West, many don't. Some conclude this verse to mean the suddenness, speed and brilliance of His return. 

I find it interesting that every cemetery I've ever seen in the U.S., the graves and headstones always face East. I can't find if this is tradition, or if it is taken from this verse? You have any insight?