Sower

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,292
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Any meditating that I do is when I am reading a few Bible verses very slowly and taking time on each verse.   Somehow it then becomes alive to me and affects my heart/spirit more...rather than just staying in my head.   This is what Biblical meditation means to me...mind and heart working together.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

God talks through His word, (.) again,  (.) The Holy Spirit happens to be God, 'and the word was God'.   When His word 'that I have hid in my heart', consciously, then sub-consciously, hears-sees-observes something, in my mind something may 'click' and I am brought to recall 'His word' regarding that which I have heard/observed. That still small voice is telling me to listen to His word that is inside me, bringing forth 'truth' to apply to my situation, my problem/questions. It's like, I know what to do, I can sense/feel God's leading, based upon His word in my heart/mind, affecting my decisions/actions. It is not an 'aaaaaauuuuuummmmm' experience, it is TRUTH within me, hidden/stored/cached in my mind/brain/memory/heart, guiding my thoughts (take every thought captive) to truth! Red lights go off in my head when hearing false doctrine, even though I may not know exactly what I heard is false, the light (of God) in my heart, stored, is screaming beware. God is light, and in Him, and His word, there is no darkness! At all!!
Do what works for you. The more truth you have scanning your built in hard drive (brain) the better you will be protected from lies/heresy/darkness.
God is light!

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

God talks through His word, (.) again,  (.) The Holy Spirit happens to be God, 'and the word was God'.   When His word 'that I have hid in my heart', consciously, then sub-consciously, hears-sees-observes something, in my mind something may 'click' and I am brought to recall 'His word' regarding that which I have heard/observed. That still small voice is telling me to listen to His word that is inside me, bringing forth 'truth' to apply to my situation, my problem/questions. It's like, I know what to do, I can sense/feel God's leading, based upon His word in my heart/mind, affecting my decisions/actions. It is not an 'aaaaaauuuuuummmmm' experience, it is TRUTH within me, hidden/stored/cached in my mind/brain/memory/heart, guiding my thoughts (take every thought captive) to truth! Red lights go off in my head when hearing false doctrine, even though I may not know exactly what I heard is false, the light (of God) in my heart, stored, is screaming beware. God is light, and in Him, and His word, there is no darkness! At all!!
Do what works for you. The more truth you have scanning your built in hard drive (brain) the better you will be protected from lies/heresy/darkness.
God is light!

TO CHRIST let our call be semper fidelis,   not saepe fidelis,  SEMPER fidelis .     spectamus saepe sed semper fidelis .      PRAISE THE LORD my brother in Christ .

• Thanks 1