LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Combine all the previous posts, and one can’t help but be convinced that OSAS is the true way to believe......oops......got sidetracked ......lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I suppose a side track is okay sometimes. It dose make things interesting. But when too much is going on in one thread, I get confused as to who is talking about what topic. I end up replying to the wrong person then I forget what I said in a post. I pop in to post what I think about the weather we have been having, to find out that the post is now a debate on abortion or rather or not the Earth is flat.  :blink::huh:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/3/2018 at 1:05 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

How about this for a Universal Title.....”This thread will morph into the standard OSAS vs NOSAS given enough time.....” lol.....

22 hours ago, other one said:

but sometimes it goes through a couple of hundred pages of Sabbath talk..   lol...

AHAH so true!

Seems like often we like to talk about what we are familiar with and what we already know, and don't wanna spend too much energies on considering new topics

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, JTC said:

I agree with this and when I've started a post I've often tried to do this. Sometimes it has worked and other times I had to give it up.

Unless I'm misunderstanding LadyKay here she meant this as a serious post. She's also right, too many threads get side tracked.

Well now, let me just say this: The perfect opening post would have no response whatsoever, it being perfect.

And all God's people said _____________!

What was the name of the game played at the end of play days on the steps outside in days of old;  "Pass it on"? Start at one end of a step and pass on to the next person on the step a whisperd statement, and have the next person pass it on to the next and so on until the last person  speaks aloud what  has been passed on- it usually has nothing to do with the first person's opening statement. Life i slike that. It is okay,  makes for fun sometimes.

Hey, we had no tv, hardly a radio station, so we sat  on steps outside and "passed it on"- Till the stars came out and we would watch for shooting stars. Remember aurora borealis watching? Beat playing kick the can didn't it? 

Hey that reminds me of a pretty good book on young earth versus evolution, who wrote that now? You read it too, didn't you? Sure you did.  You must remember it what was it? Well anyway,  it is sad my Rays didn't make the playoffs, though playoffs aren't like the simple world series of yesteryears. Why back at Boston in the 50's, and the Celtics come fall.....

Oh, yes thread titles; Well I don't much care- long as the spelling is correct.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And then there is the conversation game were everything said must finish in a question that forces the conversation along by another person. That is a good way to build up talking-listening skill. Works on long drives too. And after all we are on a "long drive" aren't we?