IGNORED

What opinions upon Halloween?

To me, all about worship of evil. Bad news. It worries me as dark forces have lulled people into taking part in such misguidedness. 

As a Christian what is your position?

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

To me, all about worship of evil. Bad news. It worries me as dark forces have lulled people into taking part in such misguidedness. 

Your short but to the point statement says a lot.  We are reminded in the bible to have NOTHING to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.  Ephesians 5:11.

However, you would find right here on this forum, many who sees nothing in participating with the festivities that is associated with hellowen.   They claim, as long as your heart is not being submissive to the things of evil, they see nothing wrong with taking part in a tradition that has been with them for a long time.  Many also do not want their children to  miss out on the youthful fun, as they do not want their children to "miss out" on the fun side of the events.  If they take the time to see what it represents and it is opposite to what the christian is as to the bible, then we would see clearly and ask the question "what has light to do with darkness".

Now, some will toss and fro with comments as "here we go again with this topic", as expected this time around, someone is sure to bring it up and rightly so as one of my favorite  author Mr. Thomas Brooks says in his book "Precious remedies against satan devices", that satan presents the bait, but hides the hook.  Be careful Christian of the wiles of the devil and his schemes to woo you into his den and you masquerade in his antics and lies.  

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

My position is the households that care to give out the very best give out Butterfingers. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

This argument will be brought up every single October.  And the two camps will never convince each other.

Here's my view as I do not throw the baby out with the bathwater:

I:  NOT a sin:

• dressing children up in costumes and knocking on doors for candy
  • Or, if your neighborhood is not safe, having a trunk-or-treat in the church parking lot and children going to car to car where people have them decorated with trunks filled with treats
  • having a festival at your church with games and such - especially if it rains and kids can't trick or treat
  • watching some of the old scary movies on tv on the classics channel
  • staying at home and passing out candy in a friendly manner and hopefully strengthening relationships with your community [please don't pass out Chick tracts instead of candy!]

II:  Sinful

• inappropriate costumes
  • drunkenness
  • inappropriate movies
  • candy corn ?

Each is going to have to be convinced in his/her own mind

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

If my creator and God the Holy Spirit can  be defeated by a "demon" well armed with a bowl of Reeses  Peanut Butter Cups is my God all that awesome?

Edited by Neighbor

Warrior 12 - like it. I shall get that book by Thomas Brooks. 

I feel very aware of how evil seeps quietly into people's thinking and actions. Satan does not really have to work very hard. So many people do not think. About what they and their precious children are exposed to. The influences in media and through peers. Look to light and life and Christ! Do not be drawn to darkness and death. It is all so apparently harmless - but not so. Extreme danger is right wirh us. Spiritual forces deceiving the ignorant. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

37 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Warrior 12 - like it. I shall get that book by Thomas Brooks. 

I feel very aware of how evil seeps quietly into people's thinking and actions. Satan does not really have to work very hard. So many people do not think. About what they and their precious children are exposed to. The influences in media and through peers. Look to light and life and Christ! Do not be drawn to darkness and death. It is all so apparently harmless - but not so. Extreme danger is right wirh us. Spiritual forces deceiving the ignorant. 

The book can be downloaded in pdf format, just do a google search with the title and place pdf at the end of the search sentence. 

Again, to reiterate, the demonic world that the enemy has employed to trap and make seem so comfortable and pleasurable is being overlooked by the ones who are to shine their lamps from the candlesticks and not use the dark cloaks that the enemy symbolizes to represent his kingdom of darkness. Because the spiritual world of evil cannot be seen with the eyes, does not mean it does not exits.  I testify to you today, it is real as you touch your skin and feel the touch. I have been in enough spiritual warfare to know to flee from the  things that is not pertaining or points to the purity of the gospel.   Many belittle the acts that take place on that event , but we are told of witches and the likes in the bible and I guess people thinks they do not exist anymore. To each his own on his quest for laughter on this dreadful event.  It does not portray anything of the gospel and therefore flee it.    

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I like Halloween. (now I sit back and wait for everyone to beat me over the head for saying so)

?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

candy corn ?

Candy Corn! Noooooo not candy corn! Say it isn't so! :runforhills:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

A lot depends on where you live.

Many years ago, an American Christian family came to live in the UK and joined our church. They were used to celebrating Halloween and were horrified to discover that it's a very different kind of festival in the UK. For one thing, in most areas it's relatively new (it didn't exist when I was a child, and I didn't come across it until the 1980s). The elderly don't like it because they are expected to open their doors to gangs of teenagers who can be quite menacing. Everything on sale in the shops is a celebration of witchcraft and other occult-related things.

Most UK churches run "anti-Halloween" events for the children (such as "light parties"). Most Christians don't celebrate Halloween and try not to get involved (but some do see it as an opportunity to witness). I put a notice up in our window saying "Halloween-free zone, please don't trick-or -treat".

But this is in the UK. I'm not telling Americans what to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1