IGNORED

Do you need to be baptized immediately after being saved?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, Freyr_Ornbo said:

I wasn't baptized immediately after being saved, I was told by someone that is very wrong and should have been on the same day. 

some churches such as the Church of Christ believe that the act of Baptism is what saves you so they would want to do it immediately.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I got saved in the winter and than five months later I got baptized when it was warmer weather. I was really happy and people came to witness it. This gentleman from my church came up to me afterwards and said it was nice and all but should have been immediately after salvation, he said why would I hesitate something so important and where else will I hesitate.

It kind of made sense to me, but I kept the experience to myself. Everytime I think about my baptism this experience comes to mind. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,271
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

47 minutes ago, Freyr_Ornbo said:

I got saved in the winter and than five months later I got baptized when it was warmer weather. I was really happy and people came to witness it. This gentleman from my church came up to me afterwards and said it was nice and all but should have been immediately after salvation, he said why would I hesitate something so important and where else will I hesitate.

It kind of made sense to me, but I kept the experience to myself. Everytime I think about my baptism this experience comes to mind. 

Please don't let what that man said to you trouble you any longer.   He should have just been happy you got baptized!   The Lord doesn't want you to feel guilty by continually remembering that man's comments.    May you remember the joy of your baptism instead! :heart:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Being baptized is important after being saved, but immediately after is not required. As soon as possible is best, however.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

When God convicted me of sin I repented and asked Him to forgive me.  Soon after I told the people I had sinned against that I was sorry and had asked God to forgive me, and tried to make it right.  Then God drew me to read the Bible.  I have have reading disabilities and couldn't understand King James.  Months later I found an Amplified New Testament which I bought and read.  Then God drew me to find a church with solid teaching since I was in a very liberal church with no teaching.  So it was at least 2 years before I was finally baptized.  The important thing was that I was continuing to walk with God, obeying that which the Holy Spirit's light guided me to do.  

The church I now attend only baptizes outside in the warmer months of the year.  Like others have said, it is a testimony of what God has done in us.  Sometimes it helps us to realize that the old man is really dead and we are new creations in Him.  

Rom 6:3  Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?Rom 6:4  We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

2Co 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

The answer is no, baptism isn't necessary for salvation.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

If people believe that they need to be baptized by water to be saved they are dead wrong::

Luke 3: KJV

16 "John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:"

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the one we need to be saved..

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/3/2018 at 5:34 PM, Freyr_Ornbo said:

Guy was a real kill joy, eh?

I have the joy of knowing a saint that was not baptised by immersion for thirty years after his turning to Jesus as Lord God and his personal savior because his wife had a great fear of it, and was so very shy. He waited until she finally overcame her fear and they were both baptized one evening at church along with about 9 other individuals.

Edited by Neighbor

• Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Edited by Neighbor