• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

It's not the drinking.

It's the admitting that when  younger he drank in excess to blacking out.  People do a lot of things they don't remember nor would do when sober when drunkenness is that pervasive.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Funny thing  the Christians here on this site seem to overlook is that this man is looking to have a position as judge and self admits he drinks alcohol regularly and always has and makes no excuse for it.

In what capacity was it ever a good thing or OK to have a leader or and elder or a priest or a judge  drink alcohol regularly and it be ok?

Is not being sober minder in such a capacity a detriment for good leadership and wise decision making?

Or have we become so diluted by world standards that even that is deemed ok by Christians?

Proverbs 31:4

Study Bible

The Words of King Lemuel
3Do not spend your strength on women or your vigor on those who ruin kings. 4It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, or for rulers to crave strong drink, 5lest they drink and forget what is decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of justice

Quote: From Other one

"Winston Churchill was a heavy drinker and he did pretty well.  Brett drank  but was still at the top of his class both in high school and college. I don't think beer slowed him down much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So  by your answer  Proverbs 31:4  is irrelevant?

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Jayne said:

It's not the drinking.

It's the admitting that when  younger he drank in excess to blacking out.  People do a lot of things they don't remember nor would do when sober when drunkenness is that pervasive.  

count the number of people who said he did and the number that said he didn't....     then look at the history of the lies and worse that progressive people tend to tell to achieve their wants over the past 10 years.

I'm going to post a video of how this works according to Nancy Pelosi.    If I can find this again I'll put the URL to the video when it's approved.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, other one said:

count the number of people who said he did and the number that said he didn't....     then look at the history of the lies and worse that progressive people tend to tell to achieve their wants over the past 10 years.

I was just going by his words.  He was asked if he ever drank to the point of blacking out and he reluctantly said he did.  And he got mad at the person asking and asked her if she ever did.

I took his answer to mean that as a young man, he used to do that.

I still don't believe he assaulted Dr. Ford.  But what a testimony he could have shared and how this would have been nipped in the bud if he had NOT had those experiences in those days.

1 minute ago, Jayne said:

I was just going by his words.  He was asked if he ever drank to the point of blacking out and he reluctantly said he did.  And he got mad at the person asking and asked her if she ever did.

I took his answer to mean that as a young man, he used to do that.

I still don't believe he assaulted Dr. Ford.  But what a testimony he could have shared and how this would have been nipped in the bud if he had NOT had those experiences in those days.

if you can drink and still be at the top of the class in High School and Law School where he was, the drinking would not have interfered in his performance....    and should not on the Supreme Court.....

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I am more concerned with the idea of our President presenting  an, active in their church, Roman Catholic as a friend to Christianity, and therefore  worthy  of support  for holding the very high office  of Supreme Court Justice for the USA. While he need not be banned from that high office because of it, to tout that affiliation as something  to get behind tells me the president still has not a clue about Christianity.