IGNORED

What are your go to verses to show that Jesus is God?

NOONE7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Isaiah 44:6 (NKJV) “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

Revelation 2:8 (NKJV) “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write,
‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

17 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus said if you have seen me you have see the Father. the Father and I are one.

Yeah I really like those two as well.  I believe I like more if you have seen me you have seen the Father(GOD) John 14:9.  I like that verse more so then the Father and I are one.  Because every time I have seen the other one used a nonbeliever normally asks one what?  Of course to me it is one God revealed as three persons.

In Revelation 22:3-4 it mentions we can see the Face of GOD.  I believe it is referring to God the Son.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

But I could be wrong.

20 hours ago, Jayne said:

Here are my go-to verses that convince me thoroughly.  I realize that I will convince no one else.

God called Jesus "God" and "Lord" - The author of Hebrews said that certain psalms were referencing Jesus Christ when the words "God" and says that he, Jesus, is the creator.  In Hebrews, chapter 1, the Father is called God and Jesus Christ is called God.

•  "But about the Son he [God] says,

“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
        a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
        therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
        by anointing you with the oil of joy.

He [God] also says,

“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
        and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Yes! That is a good verse and straight to the point.  My Lord and My God.

13 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Here is a gem .   First I want to point out two events , THEN a third event .

When peter and john healed the lame man and the crowds came rushing up ,  THEY made sure to point TO JESUS .

When paul and barnabas had healed a man and others tried to do sacrifice ,  THEY HALTED that and said we are just men .

BUT ,  watch this .

When the disciple saw JESUS alive after the resurrection and kneeled he said MY LORD AND MY GOD .

I don't seem to remember JESUS saying ,  NO NO stand up , I am just a man as you are .      EXACTLY .        JESUS IS the WORD and the WORD is GOD . 

Amen and Amen!

LUKE 17:17-18 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.

The others perhaps went to praise at home or praise away from Jesus.  But only that stranger returned to give glory to God.

12 hours ago, Adstar said:

There are so many.. I often use this passage in Revelation chapter one as my favorite one..

Revelation 1:KJV

8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. {9} I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. {10} I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, {11} Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. {12} And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; {13} And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. {14} His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; {15} And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. {16} And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. {17} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: {18} I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Once you see how the all these titles connect together and how the one who declared himself to be holder of these titles was once dead but now lives forever more you can only conclude The Almighty suffered death and was raised from the dead and is alive forever more..

In the OT we see this same kind of title amalgamation leading to the only conclusion that the Son that was to be given is the everlasting Father , The Mighty God..

Isaiah 9: KJV

6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Also there are other nice ones where Jesus makes it all but obvious that He and the Father are One..

John 14: KJV

8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

I am almost see Jesus giving Phillip a playful slap to the back of the head while saying this. ?

Then there is the following about the pillar of cloud God traveled in when He was leading the Hebrews during the exodus through the wilderness:: How The ROCK was Christ..

1 Corinthians 10: KJV

1 "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; {2} And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; {3} And did all eat the same spiritual meat; {4} And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

There are so many more where people worshiped Jesus and Jesus never forbade them.. Now if Jesus was not God then allowing Himself to be worshiped would be a great sin because on God is worthy of worship.. 

EDIT:: Oh and how could i have left out the following one ..

1 Timothy 3: KJV

16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.". ?

Those are some of my favorites Adstar!!   Who could be the First and the Last?  Only God.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Isaiah 44:6 (NKJV) “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

Revelation 2:8 (NKJV) “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write,
‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

Hello OldCoot thanks for sharing!   And oldie but a goodie.

John 8:5

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.