• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

The 70th week of Daniel has no overlapping of anything. It is chronological. The sandwich theory is the only way some can make it fit their unbiblical hypothesis.

Amen to that, Brother! I have always said:

ANY theory that must rearrange John's God given chronology is immediately suspect and WILL BE proven wrong.

2 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

Is your principle that the book of Revelation never repeats a period?   That is not normal for prophetic books that often have multiple prophecies about the same period.   Do you know that a 3.5 year period is mentioned twice in Rev 11, and then in Rev 12, and in Rev 13.  (14 years)

Using your principle that the book of Revelation never repeats a prophecy about the same period, do you see it as follows:

42 months of trampling, followed by 1260 days of the two witnesses, followed by 1260 days of the woman cared for, followed by 42 months of the beast

Does your tribulation period actually have 14 years?  Or do you think that the book of Revelation sometimes overlaps and is not always consecutive?  I think it sometimes overlaps periods. These periods can co-incide with other chapters in Revelation. 

Other than the 5 parallel paths to the end, I can't find any repeats except for example when the 24 elders give a prophecy of something soon to come.

Example: events in chapter 12 will be AFTER events of chapter 9 and 11, and BEFORE the events of chapter  13 and 14. 

There are at least three exceptions when things are written as a parenthesis. 

All five of these countdowns to the end run concurrently so cannot be written side by side, so to speak, in one narrative.  They are all for the last half of the week.  

I think we agree on this; co-incide or concurrent - same thing.

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

You are ad libbing a coming when John does not mention one.  This verse speaks of rulership, not possession as in Jesus coming.  Before the 7th trump, Satan was the God of this world. After the 7th trumpet, Jesus became the God of this world.  No coming. A coming would be imagination.

If He doesn't come at the 7th trump when tell is the 2nd coming (although rapturist wanna make it 3)?

For real though, it's real easy now,do a word search on the Day of the Lord,you should see ,(but then again God does blind people for their own good )in every instance it's the same exact thing told from a different prospective. 

Christ feet will touch the Mount of Olives at His 2nd coming which happens at the 7th trump, it's no way around that,none!!

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

In the Gosples they all told the same story in a different way ,would you say that they were all different events just because they were told differently? 

It's the same with the Day of the Lord, and again that Day happens at the 7th and last trump.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Maybe "overlap" is not a good word.

When the countdown for the 42 months of trampling begin, that is one path to the end.

When the countdown for the 1260 says of testifying began, then there were two parallel paths to the end.

When the countdown for the 1260 days of fleeing began, then  John had 3 parallel paths to the end.

When the countdown for the 3 1/2 years of protection began, then John had 3 parallel paths to the end.

By the time the countdown for the 42 months of authority started, John had 5 parallel paths to the end, PLUS his narrative to the end telling us about the other things.

Parallel events cannot be sequenced, since they are concurrent. But John has the starting points in perfect chronology. 

It would be great if you could prove a lapping occurs.

Cool so you admit to concurrence in the book of Revelation. Therefore it's CONTEXT , not sequence, that determines whether a chapter is concurrent with other chapters. 

Therefore no principle exists that would automatically assume the seven seals come before the seven trumpets. We have to look at the seals to see if there is any concurrence with any of the trumpets. Both the sixth seal and the seventh trumpet describe the second coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

In the Gosples they all told the same story in a different way ,would you say that they were all different events just because they were told differently? 

It's the same with the Day of the Lord, and again that Day happens at the 7th and last trump.

Exactly. Which is concurrent to the sixth seal which also describes the day of the Lord. 

Other than the 5 parallel paths to the end, I can't find any repeats except for example when the 24 elders give a prophecy of something soon to come.

Example: events in chapter 12 will be AFTER events of chapter 9 and 11, and BEFORE the events of chapter  13 and 14. 

There are at least three exceptions when things are written as a parenthesis. 

All five of these countdowns to the end run concurrently so cannot be written side by side, so to speak, in one narrative.  They are all for the last half of the week.  

I think we agree on this; co-incide or concurrent - same thing.

Exactly. Concurrence occurs in some chapters of Revelation. So there is no overriding principle that all the chapters unfold consecutively if you admit that some occur concurrently.

Edited by ARGOSY

Amen to that, Brother! I have always said:

ANY theory that must rearrange John's God given chronology is immediately suspect and WILL BE proven wrong.

Why then do you re arrange some chapters into concurrence instead of consecutiveness?

Cool so you admit to concurrence in the book of Revelation. Therefore it's CONTEXT , not sequence, that determines whether a chapter is concurrent with other chapters. 

Therefore no principle exists that would automatically assume the seven seals come before the seven trumpets. We have to look at the seals to see if there is any concurrence with any of the trumpets. Both the sixth seal and the seventh trumpet describe the second coming.

I don't buy your "therefore." OF COURSE the seals come before the trumpets. You still don't get it: the seals are sealing a BOOK. The contents of the book is the 70th week of Daniel: 7 trumpets followed by 7 vials and plagues.

I was VERY specific on what I said was concurrent: the 5 events that will start near the midpoint and go to the end of the week. These five things are ALL that is concurrent. No, I'll take that back: During the last half of the week, Satan's wrath and God's wrath are concurrent.

Other than these five concurrent events, it is SEQUENCE. I cannot find any place John breaks from sequence. 

And ANY theory that must rearrange Revelation as written will be proven wrong. You can take that to the bank. 

For example, some people want to say that the 7th trumpet happens during the 6th seal. We can know that is bogus and is in error. It is rearranging the book.

Why then do you re arrange some chapters into concurrence instead of consecutiveness?

You will NEVER catch me rearranging. Just so you will know, the 42 month countdown of the trampling of the city WILL START before the 1260 day countdown of testifying. It may be only seconds between, but one comes before the other. NO ONE could say, and be correct: the two witnesses begin their testimony before the city begins to be trampled. Yet, MANY people imagine that the two witnesses begin at the beginning of the 70th week (but most do not know where the 70th week actually starts.)f

I guess John just could not figure out HOW to write consecutively about 5 events that are concurrent. I can't figure out how to do that either.  I do believe these 5 events have staggered beginnings so John put them in consecutive order.