1. 1. Is Hell Real?

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

Why is it not clear from scripture whether hell exists and is eternal?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

2 hours ago, PepperS said:

Yes the devil, the beast and the prophet will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

These are not regular sinners. 

"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matthew 13:41-42

Weeping and gnashing of teeth sound like the reaction to torment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

2 hours ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

As to what hell is really like, only your imagination can tell.

Some of where my thoughts go with a few photos I took in the below link:
https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/206327-photographers-lounge-and-more/?do=findComment&comment=2868154

Along with a rich man's real thoughts from Luke 16, who has been in Hell awaiting his judgment for over 2000 years. One day, the rich man's judgment shall come, followed by many others that died on that broad path being tossed into the eternal Lake of Fire:

Revelation 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

That word "everlasting" applies to not only the Lake of Fire!
Matthew 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

2Thessalonians 1:9  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

"Everlasting" applies to Heaven as well!
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Luke 18:29-30 And He said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Let us carry His everlasting Gospel in it's Truth as represented in God's Word. Even carrying it as this end time angel in Revelation does, unto all that dwell on the earth!

Revelation 14:6  And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

Why is it not clear from scripture whether hell exists and is eternal?

OH it describes it .    Its just most folks have either air conditioned it or explained it away .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH it describes it .    Its just most folks have either air conditioned it or explained it away .  

But there are Christians here that say it doesn't describe hell.  Why the disagreement?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

But there are Christians here that say it doesn't describe hell.  Why the disagreement?

And their are supposed christains that sit in churches that say gay marriage is love when its abomination .   BUT what does the BIBLE SAY .

ITS IN THE BIBLE .      maybe folks don't want to believe that ,  BUT IT describes the lake of fire quite well .   AND JESUS warned of it quite well and a bit more than HE even spoke of Heaven .

But that aint the agenda today .............is it .  and it sure aint romes agenda either .    SO whose agenda do we preach .     I SAY the CHRIST of the bible and the apostels .    But that is just me .

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Your Brother In Christ said:

"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matthew 13:41-42

Weeping and gnashing of teeth sound like the reaction to torment.

May I add this also?

Luke 16:24 (KJV) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest 1sheep
6 hours ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

It has to exist, or God isn't just.

All those who raped, murdered, stole. They would be set free without a punishment.

If Christians go to heaven, then where to sinners go? 

As to what hell is really like, only your imagination can tell.

Well we know enough from scripture dont we? We know it will be a fiery lake of burning sulfur ie 21:8. God used fire and sulfur to destroy the cities of sodom and gomarrah too. Ie Jude 1:7

We know that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:50.

We know that those in the lake of fire will be punished with EVERLASTING destruction and they will be shut out from the presence of the LORD and from the glory of his might.2 Thes 1:9

We know the fire burns forever Mark 9:43

We know from the story of Abraham,Lazarus and the rich man that was in agony and very thirsty with no avail of any kind of comfort. We know there is a great chasm .Luke 16: 19-31 

I dont need to imagine any more than what God has told me. Its going to be torturous.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

32 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I agree, it is not "nice" so many will not face the truth of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest 1sheep
5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I didnt think Hell was real until I came here. I have so much to learn........................

Hi Maryjayne.

Together we are the Body of Christ. Iron sharpens iron. 

I am glad you are here. 

I sense a teachable heart in you and also  humility. By your example I want to be more open with my feelings . 

We all learn from each other with Gods Holy word being our foundation.

I count it all  a blessing.