• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Concretecamper said:

Well some people say they believe God's Word and come to the conclusion there is no eternal torment.

No, I happen to believe in hell, you dont have to convince me.  But other in this thread don't share your conclusion after listenint to God's Word.  I am sure they think they are right and you are wrong.

And some people say in the beginning Their was a monkey and ET was cruising the galaxy in his four billion bc cruiser .   That he decided to take vacation on earth .

Was checking out all the animals and decided to phone home with a gorilla and out came mankind .     PEOPLE say all sorts of things and can still make the claim they

follow Christ and the bible .  BUT how can they do either , when they contradict BOTH .     

• Group:  Mars Hill

And I am sure they would argue you dont follow the bible.  Do I decide based okn who says it loudest or more convincing?

AND .      Folks who truly don't follow Christ are always going to accuse those who do , that they don't .

Their is nothing new under the sun .     An entire team of scholars , along with rome and all churches could come against what I am saying

and who do you think I WILL believe ,  them or the JESUS of the BIBLE .     PICK THE LATTER ,    THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE .

Its not my fault folks do as they do .    ALL I can do is POINT to CHRIST , TO GOD to the HOLY SCRIPS that make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ .

What I wont do , is worry over what folks say .   I don't base my learning on who speaks the most often or loudest.     SIMPLY FOLLOW CHRIST and read that bible .

IF JESUS said it , ITS TRUE .   IF HE said do we do and if HE said don't we don't .  AND those who are HIS , have the COMFORTER which magnifies all things JESUS said

being in full agreement with the holy bible ,  never once contradicting IT or the CHRIST .    

• Group:  Mars Hill

Learn the difference of what one letter in a word can do to that word .

IF a man comes saying things that line up perfectly to CHRIST in the bible , my spirit rejoices within and says HELLO to that knowledge

But if a man comes twisting anything JESUS said and contradicts the holy words in that bible ,  my spirit is in anguish for them and says HELLNO to that knowledge.

Note .  HELLO in this case means I my soul recognizes the truth and welcomes it as sugar to the taste .

Note  , HELLNO in this case means , my soul recognizes not the lies and rejects it as vomit to the taste .

BE ENCOURAGED EVERYONE .     I MEAN that .     IF ONE HAS THE LORD , THEN THEY ARE HIS and have all hope .  But if one has NOT the LORD , the wrath of GOD abides on them .

Those who have Christ will escape the firey judgment of hells fire and fury , for they have been made the righteousness of GOD in CHRIST

Those who have Not Christ , the judgment of hells fire and fury awaits them .

SO , instead of trying to explain away the GOD of the bible ,  WHY NOT POINT TO HIS SON and ENJOY the MERCY OF GOD IN CHRIST .  

Guest 1sheep
2 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

Well some people say they believe God's Word and come to the conclusion there is no eternal torment.

No, I happen to believe in hell, you dont have to convince me.  But other in this thread don't share your conclusion after listenint to God's Word.  I am sure they think they are right and you are wrong.

What is your point? 

You are pointing out the obvious arent you? There will always be naysayers. Is this supposed to be a news flash?

But what I want to know is why would you be stuck on pointing out the obvious? ? 

Why not participate in a thread without dragging in the straw man? Is it beneficial and to whom?

What are you trying to accomplish here?

I asked you questions last night that you have yet to answer? Care to enlighten me?

Guest 1sheep
22 hours ago, Concretecamper said:

Why is it not clear from scripture whether hell exists and is eternal?

Why do you think it is not clear when  Christ spoke on hell ALOT?. We also have handfuls of scripture on hell and the lake of fire that explain it clearly dont we? They have all been posted here on this thread.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

What is your point

My point is that the people who read God's word and come to the conclusion that eternal torment (hell) doesn't exist "annihilationism" say you are refusing to accept the clear Word of God by believing in the folly of hell.  As far as you know, they could be right.  You thinking you are right and they thinking they are right doesnt solve anything.  If all you have to offer is "I'm right becasue it is me who is clearly reading His Word correctly" that's not going to change minds.  And please don't quote scripture, the annihilationalist are reading the same scripture you are reading and are coming to a different conclusion.

Guest 1sheep

My point is that the people who read God's word and come to the conclusion that eternal torment (hell) doesn't exist "annihilationism" say you are refusing to accept the clear Word of God by believing in the folly of hell.  As far as you know, they could be right.  You thinking you are right and they thinking they are right doesnt solve anything.  If all you have to offer is "I'm right becasue it is me who is clearly reading His Word correctly" that's not going to change minds.  And please don't quote scripture, the annihilationalist are reading the same scripture you are reading and are coming to a different conclusion.

Do you ever stop to hear yourself? You said alot of words but said nothing worthy of consideration.

I could understand if this topic was one of difficult exegesis but it isnt! 

Scripture is crystal clear. A child can understand.

I am sure most have already realized that you came here to be the opposing view on MOST EVERYTHING. 

It is entirely unprofitable to strive with your nonsensical babble. 

Edited by 1sheep

Guest 1sheep
1 minute ago, 1sheep said:

Do you ever stop to hear yourself? You said alot of words but said nothing worthy of consideration.

Scripture is crystal clear. A child can understand.

I am sure most have already realized that you came here to be the opposing view on MOST EVERYTHING. 

Edited by 1sheep

9 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

So, cant answer my question...so resort to insults.  So christian of you

10 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Many annilihationalist believe its not a difficult exegesis either....they think you are just plain wtong.

11 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Scripture is crystal clear. A child can understand

Evidently not if many christians come to a different conclusion than you.

12 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

I am sure most have already realized that you came here to be the oppisung view on MOST EVERYTHING

No, I am challenging you to get beyond the typical "my bible interpretation is always right" and do a thought experiment on why 2 christians, reading the same bible, can come to different conclusions, and both be convinced they are right, and both claim to be led by the Spirit.  The Spirit is not leading both to the truth...is He.

So instead of examining your position and laying out a clear/ concise argument why it is you that the Spirit is leading you resort to this:

17 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

I was hoping for more....

43 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

What about divorse and remmarraige, what about homosexual acts.

2 self proclaimed "saved" christians read the same Word of God.  Some say the bible doesn't teach divorse and remmarraige is wrong.  Some say the bible doesn't teach that homosexual acts are wrong.  You may say in both instances that these christians are wrong.  But they are as convinced as you are that they are right.

In matters of one's salvation, christians cannot agree on what the bible teaches.