1. 1. Is Hell Real?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard that many Christians do not believe that hell is real. I found this to be absurd, but I am open to hearing both sides of the argument. So that is what has lead me to proposing this question, is Hell real?

If it is or is not please explain.

P.S. I for one do believe it exist. Sorry for the pun in the poll but is just too much for me to resist.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

It has to exist, or God isn't just.

All those who raped, murdered, stole. They would be set free without a punishment.

If Christians go to heaven, then where to sinners go? 

As to what hell is really like, only your imagination can tell.

Edited by Follower Of Jesus
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Hell is not a place of punishment. It is the place people are sent to await judgement. At the end, Hell will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and burnt up. Hell is not a place of eternal punishment. 

Revelation 20:10 "And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Hell is not a place of punishment. It is the place people are sent to await judgement. At the end, Hell will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and burnt up. Hell is not a place of eternal punishment. 

Matthew 25:46  "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, PepperS said:

Yes the devil, the beast and the prophet will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

These are not regular sinners. 

This is from the verse you quoted.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

That includes all who were judged. Which is every man.

Again, what is the lake of fire? It's the place of eternal punishment

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hell IS a place of punishment and it IS eternal.  But don't take my word for it.

[1]  Jesus said so - "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” This after explaining how God will judge the "sheep from the goats".  Matthew 25:41

[2]  Jesus said so - "It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into shell,  ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire."  Mark 9:44-49

[3] John said so - "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. Revelation 14:9-11

[4] Paul said so - "In flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction..."   2 Thessalonians 1:8-10.

There's more, but you will either believe it or you will not.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Hell IS a place of punishment and it IS eternal.  But don't take my word for it.

[1]  Jesus said so - "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” This after explaining how God will judge the "sheep from the goats".  Matthew 25:41

[2]  Jesus said so - "It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into shell,  ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire."  Mark 9:44-49

[3] John said so - "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. Revelation 14:9-11

[4] Paul said so - "In flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction..."   2 Thessalonians 1:8-10.

There's more, but you will either believe it or you will not.

AND WE BELEIVE IT .    CAUSE JESUS SAID IT .    I could care less what men say ,  mans opinions nor judgement counts .    BUT THE JUDGE stands at the DOOR

AND HIS WORDS DO COUNT .   THEY ARE LIFE and they are SPIRIT .   And by HIS WORDS which HE has spoken shall all men BE JUDGED on HIS DAY .   HE SAID THAT TOO .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PepperS said:

The lake of fire is a place of eternal torment for The Beast, the prophet and the devil.

Hell is burnt up and no more. 

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

When you read others passages, especially OT. Make sure you read in context. They can be referring to physical death.

"13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

The sea gave up the dead which were who? All sinners.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

- Death and hell which were the deliverers, were cast into the lake of fire (eternal punishment)

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Who is not found in the book of life? All sinners. Where do they go? Lake of fire (eternal punishment)

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jesus said that, are you going to argue against Jesus' word?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Your Brother In Christ said:

I have heard that many Christians do not believe that hell is real. I found this to be absurd, but I am open to hearing both sides of the argument. So that is what has lead me to proposing this question, is Hell real?

P.S. I for one do believe it exist. Sorry for the pun in the poll but is just too much for me to resist.

The question should not be, 'Is Hell real?' but 'What is Hell?' For the word, 'Hell', is the translation of four words (Hebrew / Greek). The middle English word hell was chosen to translate these words, for it fitted perfectly: it simply means 'to hide away', and was the perfect word to translate what was, 'the place of the dead', or, 'gravedom': either in the grave, or the fires of Gehenna where the bodies of the dead will be placed for destruction following judgement during the end time.

If you look at the references within Scripture which refer to 'Hell', with the original meaning, 'to hide away' as a description of the place of the dead, in mind, without the meaning which tradition, Greek philosophy and general misuse has placed upon it: you will be left in no doubt as to what Hell actually is, and in so doing you will glorify God, and not malign Him with a doctrine which is contrary to Scripture and the nature of God Himself.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Your Brother In Christ said:

The importance you place on Hell will determine the importance you place on Jesus.