IGNORED

Lonely Christian

TechEnthusiast

4 hours ago, Betha said:

A better description for the human race might be ignorance rather than stupid.....in as far as they have been 'hoodwinked' to follow false shepherds, teachers, christs even Mat 24. The real Jesus/Shepherd warning of such !!! Scripture, Jesus Himself saying that many shall be deceived v5 makes it a fact and not only a possibility. When people/sheep/trusting individuals  lack foundational Truth they are open to deception. 

The irony in your comment is astounding

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

7 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I assume you are being funny.

sheep are not stupid. as the wife of an ex-shepherd, and daughter in law of a farmer, I can assure you that sheep do, indeed, know the shepherds voice, all have different sounds, communicate, sense danger and crowd around the shepherd for protection etc etc.

No, sheep are not stupid. Some of them are experienced enough to know what they can get away with and can be quite stubborn about it. Kinda like humans. I too had plenty of experience with that on my uncle's ranch. Goats . . . goats are just weird sometimes . . . :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I dont find it offensive, I find it inaccurate, hence my post.

baaaaaa.......................

I vastly underestimated the strength and loyalty of the Sheep Lobby.That was stupid of me—- baaaaaaa..

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Special Interest Groups. They're everywhere these days . . .  :whistling:  :laugh: 

Then there's always this:

battlesheep.jpg.00bf4f4cac82159e24c75fd09c7308e2.jpg

Baaaaa . . . . 

• Haha 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, walla299 said:

You're right. They should, but often they get ignored. It's no fun when you're the one who always needs a ride to some fellowship gathering at a restaurant, etc. and don't have the money either. It makes the yuppies uncomfortable. You get treated differently - because you're "different" from everyone else, and because its a reminder of what might happen to them if they miss a few too many paychecks. I get it that most have their families and all that, and that's to be expected, but these days no room is made for singles at many churches. There are exceptions to that, so its not a blanket statement. This seems to be a problem mainly in the US as I haven't really seen it all that much in other countries I've lived and worked in. The church I go to is small, but they do teach the Bible as the Word of God - but there's no hope of finding a wife there for me. I'm the only single person, except for a few of the recovery guys that come with me on occasion. That's not a complaint, that just the way things are - especially in an era when everyone seems to be absorbed in their phones/tablets/media devices.

If they treat you different because you don't have a car and less money. Then they are not walking in the truth. Church is not a social club but the body of christ. I use to go to church on my bike. Everyone treated me the same I think. I was invited to the men breakfast. This was a Calvery Chapel church in new jersey. But I must say before that I went to a Assembly of God church in new Jersey and some of them I felt look down that I did not have a car. But many were nice too. I don't care about status. It means nothing. The Bible says God looks on the heart. People do tend to look at the surface. Jesus will judge us if we have respect of persons. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/19/2018 at 8:26 AM, Davida said:

It's true Wayne the church  should  but unfortunately people remain more in their little established cliques or in their family groups and don't reach out to strangers or lone individuals  who attend by themselves but superficially.  The church should love and scoop up these people like the Bible tells us GOD is a Father to the fatherless & tells us to look after the widows.  So we should love like the Lord loves "orphans and the widows" and include them. It is the way of our modern culture these days .   As the world around us feels less safe & trustworthy and so as an outcome of this we tend to insulate and isolate ourselves from the world & others.  

Hi Davida.        Maybe we as a church or any bible believing church should be taught not to be like the world. Jesus was  a unmarried man of his times. But I am sure they were included in the meetings and the life of the people of God. I think the days are more evil and selfish now. And the body of christ can be like the world. Hopefully not everyone. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Can love grow quite cold in the confines of church? To me it doesn't seem to matter if people grow up in Christian homes. Jesus needs to change them or they will be the same as the world.they may not curse and do some outward things that perhaps convince some that they are different, but not many things that have substance. When Jesus talks to the pharisees I think that people are still like that. You sit next to the rich can be interpreted today as you can hang with the poor but you choose all of the "desirable ones". You sit back and see the rich people heaped with praise as if they are sages of wisdom and righteousness. People love to praise the rich and skillful.  It seems like surely people would of changed two thousand years later right? There is literally no amount of social grooming that will help you see true light without Jesus. an extensive upbringing does nothing meaningful! The only way you will love the way that Jesus loves is if Jesus gets to you. I used to be so scared about Christians who where deceived, but now I go back to the cross quickly most times(sometimes it takes me a bit longer). I think true intense suffering is required too. Without it you will tell the suffering to trust Jesus every time they scream and cry for your help. You could hug them and play a board game with them. There are many many kind things you could do. Most likely the huge majority will tell them I will pray for you. Great suffering is needed! Suffering teaches you love. Its not easy suffering. Its painful suffering in the dark and all alone. I pray for great sufferingfor the church because perhaps that will help them become more loving.

Edited by TechEnthusiast

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I don't think we are capable of assassinating the character of a sheep belonging to the Messiah.. their character will display one that is lead by LOVE.. the character of the sheep should be observed, then you can imagine having that character of the sheep while Jesus leads us..  He Will mature us!... 

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....(peace be with you)