12 hours ago, Betha said:

Well - you could read the very next verse which speaks of a 'holy convocation' / assembly in connection with the 7th day mentioned in v 3. 

aside of that....did not Jesus attend synagogue/church on the Sabbath ? Lk 4v16.  Since HE is our living walking example (or so christians claim) where is their obedience ? 

Red herring.  As a pre-resurrection Jew, Jesus had to keep the Law until He, Himself was crucified and resurrected.

Define what you think a believer's "obedience" should be in regards to a Saturday Sabbath.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Betha said:

Well - you could read the very next verse which speaks of a 'holy convocation' / assembly in connection with the 7th day mentioned in v 3. 

aside of that....did not Jesus attend synagogue/church on the Sabbath ? Lk 4v16.  Since HE is our living walking example (or so christians claim) where is their obedience ? 

Setting aside, for a second, that you are bordering on attaching people's salvation to the observance of a day and claiming that by not doing so means they are not "obedient," which would be a violation of the T.O.S., you now have the obligation to tell everyone in this thread how you, yourself, are obedient when it comes to observing a Saturday Sabbath.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Betha said:

Oh my dear friend, when i said i observe the 7th day sabbath i also said other people can please themselves, everybody makes up their own mind. my aim is to walk with the Lord. you seem to read this as 'judgement and condemnation...why ? and i certainly never touched on 'food and drink'....it is no issue to me.

let's not jump to conclusions and start again in peace ! God bless !

If that were true, then you would not have also made this statement:  

Since HE is our living walking example (or so christians claim) where is their obedience ?

You are contradicting yourself.

22 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I think I am getting confused between what keeping a sabbath actually is, and how it differs from every other day. Is it different from the Sunday being kept for the Lords day, as a day we devote to Him and to resting? Is Sabbath different from Sunday, and what, if anything, should i be doing on either?

not trying to be difficult, i am just rather flummoxed with the terminology. These are not things I have thought about or come across before.

I just thought that every day was a day to be close to Jesus, and worship God and pray and read scripture. The concept of there also being a special extra Holy day didnt occur to me.

I thought Sunday  was just the day of rest, where people had time, historically, to go to church.

I realize you are not trying to be difficult.  Sabbath keepers confuse people.  They tie salvation to a day, but then claim it is not a work, despite the fact that tying it to a day immediately turns it into a work, just as saying that a believer must be baptized turns baptism into a work.  They also falsely claim that non-Sabbath keepers view Sunday as the Sabbath when they do not.  They have to set up this false dichotomy to make it appear as if non-Sabbath keepers are being dis-obedient.  Every person teaching this follows the same script.  But they all bog down at a specific point.

If the thread progresses as I believe it will, Betha herself will illustrate why the Sabbath cannot be kept according to her concept of it.  Remember, as this happens that she is saying we have to adhere to the biblical, Old Testament standard of what observing the Sabbath means, and how it must be done.

Be patient . . . 😊

Edited by Cobalt1959
  • Loved it! 1

For all who rely on works of the law (e.g. Sabbath keeping)are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—
(Gal 3:10-13)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Betha said:

my dear friend, you have a lot of grievances with sabbath-keepers....but as i don't belong to any movement or church i can not be held responsible for their beliefs. if you want to ask me anything go ahead....but remember i am not an authority on any teaching, just a student and learner myself not yet perfected. we all have opinions we may have to change along the way. 

How do you keep the Sabbath .   I mean what do you mean by this .    And how do you observe the Sabbath .

Since you present the day should be kept and honored ,  explain how you do it .

8 hours ago, Betha said:

my dear friend, you have a lot of grievances with sabbath-keepers....but as i don't belong to any movement or church i can not be held responsible for their beliefs. if you want to ask me anything go ahead....but remember i am not an authority on any teaching, just a student and learner myself not yet perfected. we all have opinions we may have to change along the way. 

If that were true you have not started this thread the way you started it, asking a question with your own answer to it already plainly thought out.  When you make claims about obedience, post scripture, attempt exegesis on that same scripture and tell people they are not doing something they are supposed to do, you are, in fact teaching and claiming to be an authority, so the above sentiment will not float.

Again, since you have told all of us we are disobedient, in regards to the Sabbath, you are now required to explain to us exactly how you are obedient when it comes to the Sabbath.  If you are obedient, and claim others are not then you assume the responsibility of telling others exactly what they need to to do in order to be obedient.

How are you keeping the Sabbath?

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

How do you keep the Sabbath .   I mean what do you mean by this .    And how do you observe the Sabbath .

Since you present the day should be kept and honored ,  explain how you do it .

Since all of you are asking the same question i will answer here for all.

I keep the Sabbath 'in fellowship with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ 1Joh 1v3. and also doing good to others specially in need....as Jesus teaches us to do.  That is basically it !

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Since all of you are asking the same question i will answer here for all.

I keep the Sabbath 'in fellowship with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ 1Joh 1v3. and also doing good to others specially in need....as Jesus teaches us to do.  That is basically it !

just on a Saturday?

I do this every day, as do most of the Christians i know. What do you extra special?