• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,080
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - October 9, 2018

Friend, stop pretending!

Psalms 56:2-4 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Some experts believe that acute stress can provoke changes in the heart that may lead to death. In one study, fifteen cases were identified in which people died after a physical assault, even though the injuries alone were not enough to kill them. Eleven of the fifteen showed a type of heart-cell death, similar to a reaction in experimental animals that feel helpless to anticipate or avoid danger.

We live in a day that godlessness is on the rise -- a day in which the world (and even some of the church) is motivated by money, power and the desire for worldly pleasures -- a day in which the fruit of this behavior is apparent even to the worst of us. It's a scary time.

Even amidst these frightful times, though, isn't it wonderful to know that we don't have to pretend we're not afraid? God knew we would be afraid from time to time. But He encourages us to redirect our attention to put our trust again in Him. He, who is all powerful and watches over us intently. What a gracious and compassionate Father we have!

Friend, let's ask the Lord to help us keep our focus on trusting Him for all things. When we are focused on this, there's no stopping us from doing the great things He has called us to do!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, MD

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. 

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
IMF downgrades global growth outlook, places responsibility on US-China trade tensions
The IMF has cut its global economic forecast for 2018 and 2019, citing above all rising import tariffs between the US and China. A fall in trade volumes and manufacturing orders could hit Germany particularly hard.
Russia says it provided Syria with 24 advanced S-300 launchers for free
Russia provided the advanced S-300 air defense system to Syria’s military free of charge, transferring three battalions with eight launchers each to the Assad regime, Russia’s state news agency TASS reported Monday.
Chinese stocks fall almost 5% in market bloodbath as investors digest a week of bad news in a single day
Chinese stocks took a hammering Monday as traders returned to work after a weeklong holiday in the world's second-largest economy.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
INSS presents peace plan: Two-states, 'separation' from the Palestinians
The Tel Aviv-based Institute for National Security Studies (INSS) will unveil a two-state peace framework on Monday that includes steps it says Israel can take to retain a strategic advantage even if there is no partner on the other side with whom to negotiate.
Inside the Top-Secret Israeli Anti-Terrorism Operation That’s Changing the Game
YAMAM is the world’s most elite -- and busiest -- force of its kind, and its expertise is in high demand in an era when ISIS veterans strike outside their remaining Middle East strongholds and self-radicalized lone wolves emerge to attack Western targets.

Inside the United States
President Trump apologizes to Brett Kavanaugh and his family at ceremonial swearing-in as Supreme Court justice
Speaking at a swearing-in ceremony for Associate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in the East Room of the White House Monday evening, President Trump apologized to Kavanaugh and his family 'on behalf of our nation' for what he called a desperate Democrat-led campaign of 'lies and deception' intent on derailing his confirmation.
Florida residents brace for impact as 'monstrous' Hurricane Michael gains strength
Residents are filling sandbags and boarding up their homes as Hurricane Michael gained strength over warm waters and barrels toward Florida's northeast Gulf Coast.
'We're Taking on a Monster': New Film Pulls Back the Curtain on America's Ugly Abortion Industry
The new film 'Unplanned' takes the audience inside the abortion industry courtesy of Abby Johnson who was once a passionate pro-choice advocate.
Trump: 'Democrats are going to end up voting Republican' in midterms
President Trump said Monday that Democrats’ smearing of Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, and their calls for his impeachment, will prompt many disgusted Democratic voters to support Republican candidates in the mid-term elections.
Trump's evangelical supporters hail Kavanaugh confirmation
Evangelical backers of President Donald Trump have hailed the Senate's confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court justice on Saturday.
Public support for marijuana legalization rises to record 62 percent
Sixty-two percent of the public believes marijuana use should be legalized, according to a poll published Monday by the Pew Research Center.

Christian News
Pakistan delays decision on whether Christian woman will face death penalty for blasphemy against Islam
The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday delayed its ruling concerning the final appeal of a Christian woman who’s been facing the death penalty since 2010 for blasphemy against Islam.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyemail.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA