• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, NOONE7 said:

Question on this, as this caught my attention.

Revelation 13:

15And he had power to give life to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Life to the image and the image should speak.  Am I reading this right this image was given life and speaks and causes deaths? 

And yet here in Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

It appears only the devil, beast, and false prophet will be in the lake of fire.  But why not the image of the beast as well?  Interesting.  What are your thoughts and opinions on this?   Thanks for your time.

Possible AI? I've read some things here and there about various ideas regarding 'creating' life, etc.- if it were AI, I would imagine that it wouldn't have a soul, wouldn't be technically 'human', etc., so wouldn't be eligible for salvation or...in this case, possible eternal damnation? It could possibly fit, who can say. I would love to read a serious, serious biblical prophecy discussion somewhere on that particular subject, without any titillation or 'shock value', as it were- so if anyone knows about an article/book/etc., on this subject meeting that criteria, please, let me know!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,600
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Possible AI? I've read some things here and there about various ideas regarding 'creating' life, etc.- if it were AI, I would imagine that it wouldn't have a soul, wouldn't be technically 'human', etc., so wouldn't be eligible for salvation or...in this case, possible eternal damnation? It could possibly fit, who can say. I would love to read a serious, serious biblical prophecy discussion somewhere on that particular subject, without any titillation or 'shock value', as it were- so if anyone knows about an article/book/etc., on this subject meeting that criteria, please, let me know!

Dont know if a 'double serious' prophecy discussion can be had in a book or a pamphlet. You are the best serious prophecy student. Your personal motivation for answers is the proper approach. If you do read something, make sure to check all the references thoroughly. 

That being said, Robert Van Kampen wrote a book called "The Sign", in it is quite a bit about the image of the beast. 

He makes a good case for individuals making an idol for personal worship, not a single image. True or not, i don't know, but its a good case.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:19 AM, Dennis1209 said:

What do you suppose it meant here by "to give life"? The ability to breath? The ability to think, reason, comprehend, rationalize, decide and learn (those things that differentiate us from the animal kingdom)? If it's the latter, surprise, we're here, in the form of AI...

By definition its: wind, spirit, breath.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

Revelation 13:

15And he had power to give life to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Life to the image and the image should speak.  Am I reading this right this image was given life and speaks and causes deaths? 

And yet here in Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

It appears only the devil, beast, and false prophet will be in the lake of fire.  But why not the image of the beast as well?  Interesting.  What are your thoughts and opinions on this?   Thanks for your time.

Remember how in the days of Moses, how Moses put his rod down and it became a snake? Then the Egyptians did the same thing: the devil has the power to alter matter, to make something appear as alive or living.  Whatever the image will be made of, Satan can changed it - make it appear as if it is alive, and Satan can speak and make it seem as if the image is speaking.  I promise you, when the devil is thrown into the lake of fire, images will not speak or move, nor will they shed tears or oil. All that demonic stuff will cease.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 13:

Revelation 20:15 (KJV) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The Lake of Fire is the ultimate eternal destination of those whom reject the Lord after the millennium at the Great White Throne Judgment. I suspect currently there's a holding place (Hell - Hades) that's a temporary prison until judgment day. 

As I have commented elsewhere and as have others; it's plausible this "Image of the Beast" is a computerized robotic creation with AI. The technology and creation of such a thing is here and already shown (Sophia). Can demon(s) posses anything other than human flesh? They certainly can possess animals, why not artificial intelligence with a body and thinking mind. Should that turn out to be the case, they will also be cast into the LOF. 

At any rate, evil can be programmed into any computer, or a reasoning, thinking, calculating, learning AI could develop it on its own I would think?

We're living in interesting times, witnessing how all these things are shaping up and how the stages are being set.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Diaste said:

Dont know if a 'double serious' prophecy discussion can be had in a book or a pamphlet. You are the best serious prophecy student. Your personal motivation for answers is the proper approach. If you do read something, make sure to check all the references thoroughly. 

That being said, Robert Van Kampen wrote a book called "The Sign", in it is quite a bit about the image of the beast. 

He makes a good case for individuals making an idol for personal worship, not a single image. True or not, i don't know, but its a good case.

Sounds like an interesting book, I looked it up on a couple of websites and I'm going to go ahead and order it. I'm always open to sound, biblical thought that doesn't have to be stretched and pulled in order to 'fit' a certain thought or scenario. I'm ....really, really interested. Seriously. Seriously! lol~

5 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Sounds like an interesting book, I looked it up on a couple of websites and I'm going to go ahead and order it. I'm always open to sound, biblical thought that doesn't have to be stretched and pulled in order to 'fit' a certain thought or scenario. I'm ....really, really interested. Seriously. Seriously! lol~

Lol! I remember well the drive to know more about prophecy. I still can't get enough!