Debp

Alternative or Natural Treatments

Just wondering if anyone wants to explain what some of their alternative or natural treatments entail?   I'm not looking to have any but do like to keep informed.  Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Debp, there are so many natural treatments out there... most of which are being suppressed.  High-dose liposomal Vitamin C with sunflower lecithin is being used by some as an immune system booster for cancer patients, as well as other ailments.  Some doctors will do Vitamin C infusions.  Look into DMSO ... I know of one woman who is using Vitamin C+DMSO in place of chemo, under a doctor's care. 

• Brilliant! 1

Hi Deb.  I have used this treatment on my ex-husband and found it really helps.  Huge chunks of wax just fell out of his ears, but the process may need to be repeated a few times!

EAR WAX TREATMENT

If your eardrum doesn't contain a tube or have a hole in it, these self-care measures may help you remove excess earwax that's blocking your ear canal:

• Soften the wax. Use an eyedropper to apply a few drops of baby oil, mineral oil, glycerin or hydrogen peroxide in your ear canal.  Gently massage the ear to move the oil around on the inside of the ear. 
  • Use warm water. After an hour or so, when the wax is softened, tilt your head to the side and using a rubber-bulb syringe, gently squirt warm water into your ear canal, pulling your outer ear up and back to straighten your ear canal. Repeat squirting warm water into your ear, occasionally giving it a gentle massage to help work the wax away from the inner walls of the ear, tip your head to the side to let the water and loosened wax drain out.
  • Dry your ear canal. When finished, gently dry your outer ear with a towel or hand-held dryer.

You may need to repeat this wax-softening and irrigation procedure a few times before the excess earwax falls out. However, the softening agents may only loosen the outer layer of the wax and cause it to lodge deeper in the ear canal or against the eardrum. If your symptoms don't improve after a few treatments, see your doctor.

• Thanks 1

you ever use tea tree oil?  oh man it kills fever blisters, athletes foot.  and it does it quick compared to medicines in stores.  just make sure its pharmaceutical grade.  walmart sells it in the vitamin aisle.  little brown glass bottle.  there is a chapstick type product called melaluca or something like that that has tea tree oil in it.  a lady gave me a stick years ago when i had a fever blister.  its not as potent as the straight oil though.  the oil...its awful bitter though so be careful.  use a q-tip. 

I have benefitted so much from essential oils made from herbs and plants.   There are cautions such as dilute them, they are strong, store in a glass bottle as some can eat through plastic.  Citrus oils make us photosensitive so we need to stay out of sun if drinking bergamot (cross between a lemon and an orange) or lemon etc in our tea.   A few should be avoided if you have high blood pressure.   Just avoid all essential oils when pregnant without expert physician.   I can recommend Valerie Worwood's book Essential Oils.... which is at Walmart online, and you can get some good brands of essential oils through Walmart online, but get the best, ones with best reviews.    Here are some Scriptures about herbs and plants:

Genesis 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Ezekiel 47:12 - And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Genesis 1:12 - And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Psalms 104:14 - He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Revelation 22:2 - In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

• Loved it! 1

Recently I saw a medical show from Japan about acupuncture.   The doctors were saying it can even help with pain and depression.   The needles are extremely thin and the doctor doesn't insert them very deeply.   They are put in at points in order to cause the blood to circulate better.

Has anyone here ever had acupuncture or known someone who did?   I've known one person who had it for her shoulder which was injured when a train door shut on her.   She did that instead of surgery.

11 hours ago, Debp said:

Recently I saw a medical show from Japan about acupuncture.   The doctors were saying it can even help with pain and depression.   The needles are extremely thin and the doctor doesn't insert them very deeply.   They are put in at points in order to cause the blood to circulate better.

Has anyone here ever had acupuncture or known someone who did?   I've known one person who had it for her shoulder which was injured when a train door shut on her.   She did that instead of surgery.

when I was recovering from a back injury I did do acupuncture with my chiropractor and it did help with the pain.....   he also did things that stopped my asthma...     unfortunately his wife had a fling with one of the other doctors there and he got a divorce and moved 100 miles away....   none of the others were into the needles so I lost out.

Can't say it works for everything but it help me with the pain and breathing.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, other one said:

when I was recovering from a back injury I did do acupuncture with my chiropractor and it did help with the pain.....   he also did things that stopped my asthma...     unfortunately his wife had a fling with one of the other doctors there and he got a divorce and moved 100 miles away....   none of the others were into the needles so I lost out.

Can't say it works for everything but it help me with the pain and breathing.

Would be worth checking it out if someone is in pain.

I'm in favor of taking quite an array of vitamin/mineral and supplements of all kinds. The reason is, I just really can't afford to go into the time, effort, and expense of that 'perfect diet'. They seem to be a substantial benefit. Years ago, when my sister was in the RN program to become a nurse, her dietary instructor taught all that was a waste of money, and only ended up as being just that... waste. Thirty years gone by, her mind has changed about all that, and now also believes in taking what our diets commonly lack. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Loved it! 1

Also, research this combo.... DMSO+digestive enzymes (SuperZyme)+B-17 ..... combine that with a diet that eliminates processed sugars (possibly keto or paleo diet) .... and you have a powerful combo!