• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, 

The storm is passing by  here, the center way way to the west of us that are out on the peninsula of Pinellas County Fl.

It will soon hit hard though into the panhandle and then evidently remain a severe storm-hurricane all the way up into Georgia and South Carolina. What happens from there I haven't seen  mentioned. Will it go  into the Atlantic and then away,  or up again as a large storm into New York - New England?

It is going to be absolutely devastating if it continues at 145MPH into the panhandle along with the 12 foot storm surge. The surge will swing both  east and west,  having a  lesser affect here with only a 2 to 4 foot surge of water, but just north of here my own relatives will likely have water go through their home yet again.

I am so thankful the storm is way west of here, even though we are getting storms  and have possibility of  tornadoes from the outer bands.  

I am also  in prayer for all those not so fortunate today. May all have  left the areas of danger. May the many thousands of individuals that are ready to come in and rebuild infrastructure after the storm passes be safe in their travel and heavy work to come.

The economic impact will be severe, insurance companies once again will start to bail out of florida I suppose, and cost of living here will  be going up.  Even stonger building standards will be coming, all that stuff will be affecting  us way after the storm is a distant memory.

All of which is strong reminder that all we cherish in the way  of gathered things of afluence are just a puff away from  disappearing  without even a remnant left behind.

Our security is in our Lord and savior Jesus, today as everyday is a day to share of His sacrifice made for us that we may have eternal life with Him.

Praise God for the sacrifice made willing by His Son that we may have security beyond that which we build of sticks stones blocks and paper money.

Edited by Neighbor
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all, 

The storm is passing by  here, the center way way to the west of us that are out on the peninsula of Pinellas County Fl.

It will soon hit hard though into the panhandle and then evidently remain a severe storm-hurricane all the way up into Georgia and South Carolina. What happens from there I haven't seen  mentioned. Will it go  into the Atlantic and then away,  or up again as a large storm into New York - New England?

It is going to be absolutely devastating if it continues at 145MPH into the panhandle along with the 12 foot storm surge. The surge will swing both  east and west,  having a  lesser affect here with only a 2 to 4 foot surge of water, but just north of here my own relatives will likely have water go through their home yet again.

I am so thankful the storm is way west of here, even though we are getting storms  and have possibility of  tornadoes from the outer bands.  

I am also  in prayer for all those not so fortunate today. May all have  left the areas of danger. May the many thousands of individuals that are ready to come in and rebuild infrastructure after the storm passes be safe in their travel and heavy work to come.

The economic impact will be severe, insurance companies once again will start to bail out of florida I suppose, and cost of living here will  be going up.  Even stonger building standards will be coming, all that stuff will be affecting  us way after the storm is a distant memory.

All of which is strong reminder that all we cherish in the way  of gathered things of afluence are just a puff away from  disappearing  without even a remnant left behind.

Our security is in our Lord and savior Jesus, today as everyday is a day to share of His sacrifice made for us that we may have eternal life with Him.

Praise God for the sacrifice made willing by His Son that we may have security beyond that which we build of sticks stones blocks and paper money.

And hey had to name the storm after me !

• Haha 1

We have had rain. 2 days so far as a result of the coming hurricane. 

I pray that all get out who are in its path. 

I mean no disrespect when I say I just dont understand the mentality if those who chose to live in an area prone to so many disasters. I just don't get it!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

My father taught us from childhood (the 60's) to consider carefully where we choose to live. He warned against flood plains, hurricane alleys, tornado alleys, etc. Our family ended up in a wooded area near Seattle that was high ground relative to anything around it. 

Meanwhile my wife and I moved to some acreage in Kentucky that puts us on a knob with the valley 80 feet below and a couple of our own streams coming off the plateau. I'd never consider living in hurricane territory unless in an attractive bunker type structure able to withstand at least a 20' tsunami/surge without damage. Building a house there is like building a sand castle on the lower beach during low tide. But with the houses the wave only comes every year or six, rather than every day. It WILL almost certainly be destroyed, though.  

Then again, if you build the sand castle out of concrete, and on a rock, it will be fine.

I've seen areal photos of the mississippi river flooding where there will be the home here and there that was built on built up land. Everything is flooded except these homes are on big dry "raised pads" of dirt and unharmed - though you need a boat to get to them. 

People need to think before they build.

34 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes, if I lived in these areas I'd be praying asking God where He wanted to direct me to. The Bible says there will be mega storms so these are going to get more powerful and more deadly. But unfortunately the world governments will inflict climate change laws & regulations instead of heeding the warnings that God is sending imo as I read the Bible.

When I was doing my 2 year research as to where to move; Bern nc was on my long list. 

I never felt settled in that decision. I actually got a nervous check in my spirit when I would refocus on it. 

Look at what happened a few weeks ago. Bern was entirely under water. As much as I dream about living near or on water again; I aint stupid Any longer. Gid gave me wisdom. LOL

The beach makes fir a dreamy vacation. That's it!

9 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

My father taught us from childhood (the 60's) to consider carefully where we choose to live. He warned against flood plains, hurricane alleys, tornado alleys, etc. Our family ended up in a wooded area near Seattle that was high ground relative to anything around it. 

Meanwhile my wife and I moved to some acreage in Kentucky that puts us on a knob with the valley 80 feet below and a couple of our own streams coming off the plateau. I'd never consider living in hurricane territory unless in an attractive bunker type structure able to withstand at least a 20' tsunami/surge without damage. Building a house there is like building a sand castle on the lower beach during low tide. But with the houses the wave only comes every year or six, rather than every day. It WILL almost certainly be destroyed, though.  

Then again, if you build the sand castle out of concrete, and on a rock, it will be fine.

I've seen areal photos of the mississippi river flooding where there will be the home here and there that was built on built up land. Everything is flooded except these homes are on big dry "raised pads" of dirt and unharmed - though you need a boat to get to them. 

People need to think before they build.

It sounds like your father was a wise man who gave his kids sound advice. 

56 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes, if I lived in these areas I'd be praying asking God where He wanted to direct me to. The Bible says there will be mega storms so these are going to get more powerful and more deadly. But unfortunately the world governments will inflict climate change laws & regulations instead of heeding the warnings that God is sending imo as I read the Bible.

I hear ya! IMHO Its no coincidence the correlation between some disasters and what is happening in the world.Some.

God promised to not wipe us out with water. He didn't say he wouldnt use water to put the fear of God in some to get them on their knees. 

Half joking with the last thought. :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, 1sheep said:

We have had rain. 2 days so far as a result of the coming hurricane. 

I pray that all get out who are in its path. 

I mean no disrespect when I say I just dont understand the mentality if those who chose to live in an area prone to so many disasters. I just don't get it!

Hi and ha, I find N.C. too risky for me to go live at by  personal choice- less God directs me to go. I keep looking at it, but between floods, storms, bad weather, toxic waste from as far back as the 1930's from Alcoa spreading PCB's, polluted waters of the lakes and the fish being contaminated, and the regressive State Income tax system I'd rather stick my finger in a live light bulb socket-

Yet if God does want me to go to Bear Paw Resorts at Murphy and buy that home I looked at there,  then okay, if He wants me to buy at Lake Nantahala okay too. If he wants me to buy at Ashville He had better provide me a few more resources.

In the meantime, I'll continue to cherish the church and the town He has led me, to do  my own life's service and battle,  sitting on the suncoast sailing, kayaking, playing amongst the alligators, while serving a church there.

Seriously, I find I go were God leads me. I don't often know where that is until I look back and see the why of it. It is where I am led, not where I would naturally choose.

Hey, if I could choose the world would be 1959 forever, and I would be at San Diego CA., but the world is not forever it changes and it is all going to burn anyway. Might as well live where God leads, and not where I choose of my own accord, then ask if there are some fun adventures to be had along the way. As for today there are many I guess in need of help, many providing it and I pray for the safety of those in need. Plus I pray for the wonderful helpers of those in need, many of whom just barely finished returning from helping up at North Carolina.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

National hurricane center is a wonderful site. I use it frequently because arizona gets affected by west coast hurricanes. 

This is the projected path of michael. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/152003.shtml?cone#contents

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi and ha, I find N.C .too risky fo rme. I keep looking at it, but between floods, storms, bad weather, toxic waste from as far back as the 1930's from Alcoa spreading PCB's, polluted waters of th elakes and the fish being contaminated, and the regressive State Income tax system I'd rather stick my finger in a live light bulb socket-

Yet if God does want me to go to Bear Paw Resorts at Murphy and buy that home I looked at there,  then okay, if He wants me to buy at Lake Nantahala okay too. If he wants me to buy at Ashville He had better provide me a few more resources.

In the meantime, I'll continue to cherish the church and the town He has led me, to do  my own life's service and battle,  sitting on the suncoast sailing, kayaking, playing amongst the alligators, while serving a church there.

Seriously, I find I go were God leads me. I don't often know where that is until I look back and see the why of it. It is where I am led, not where I would naturally choose.

Hey, if I could choose the world would be 1959 forever, and I would be at San Diego CA., but the world is not forever it changes and it is all going to burn anyway. Might as well live where God leads, and not where i choose of my own accord, then ask if there are some fun adventures to be had along the way. As for today there are many I guess in need of help, many providing it and I pray for the safety of those in need. Plus I pray for the wonderful helpers of those in need, many of whom just barely finished returning from helping up at North Carolina.

Well thanks for stopping by to trash Nc. I dont know if you tried to insult my choice of living or if you are too stupid to see that you did. I didnt bother to read anything else you said. I didnt need to.

I chose well. Valdese is a tiny town up against the blue ridge mountains. I dont have extreme weather here or crime or polluted waters.

God provided me a house Ive only dreamed of.  I can afford it easily. Im on a hill on over 2 acres of land and I have a stream running through my land..Deer visit me daily. Squirells crawl all over my car which irritates me but it beats smelly javelina. I love what the Lord provided for me.