IGNORED

Storm Michael

Neighbor

9 hours ago, ayin jade said:

We got quite a bit of rain but nothing too drastic or harmful. 

We got nailed 10/2 with remnants from hurricane rosa. Made for the second wettest october so far, and the 8th highest rainfall for one day. Was quite nice, as long as you were not the two towns that had to be evacuated. 

Yeah idt most people are aware if the flash floods Az gets. I love  desert storms the best so far. The lightning and thunder lighting up the sky is quite the show. 

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Most of the world will be blind to the signs of what is happening because they don't know the word of God or because they cherry-pick the Bible scripture instead of reading the full counsel of GOD or they believe in preterism or other false teachings. 

You are spot on sis! 

4 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Well, yes. However, he was also penny wise and dollar foolish. ;)

There are certain truths that I know about my parents but I do still honor them and use I discretion as to where I share and to whom I share with.?

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

There are certain truths that I know about my parents but I do still honor them and use I discretion as to where I share and to whom I share with.?

You need to understand that his (and my mother's) thinking came from being raised in the Great Depression. I respect my parents for who they are. They are both in their 90's now, btw. 

Also, "honor your parents" is misunderstood by many in the same way our admonishment to not take the Lord's name in vain is. I honor my parents, but I don't always honor their wishes. And I will "honor" them when they need my help. One reason my wife is in good hands is that her son (my stepson) has become a multimillionaire. Whatever happens to me, she's covered. And she aught to be. Her kids were in their late teens when I married her and their father died when they were all under 8. She raised them beautifully, making many sacrifices along the way.

My parents did as well. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

When I brought this topic up in a very questioning way, it was right after I heard a weather report stating that the strongest storms have occurred during the last 1/12 years...all during Trumps presidency. 

What could the connection be and does it have anything to do with the direction he chooses to go and also with Israel. 

12 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

When I brought this topic up in a very questioning way, it was right after I heard a weather report stating that the strongest storms have occurred during the last 1/12 years...all during Trumps presidency. 

What could the connection be and does it have anything to do with the direction he chooses to go and also with Israel. 

The weather report was political bias injected into a weather report. :)

We have had the worst storms of recent history recently. But if you go back a few decades, not so much. Sometimes a really horrendous storm gets little notice while a medium sized one is all over the news. Its because the former happens where few are affected and the latter happens where a lot of people are affected. 

14 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

You need to understand that his (and my mother's) thinking came from being raised in the Great Depression. I respect my parents for who they are. They are both in their 90's now, btw. 

Also, "honor your parents" is misunderstood by many in the same way our admonishment to not take the Lord's name in vain is. I honor my parents, but I don't always honor their wishes. And I will "honor" them when they need my help. One reason my wife is in good hands is that her son (my stepson) has become a multimillionaire. Whatever happens to me, she's covered. And she aught to be. Her kids were in their late teens when I married her and their father died when they were all under 8. She raised them beautifully, making many sacrifices along the way.

My parents did as well. 

Dont presume I need to understand anything. . My opinion differs . I paid your father a compliment and you felt the need to share his downfall to a complete stranger and the entire world quite frankly!.  

A thank you would have sufficed and certainly more appropriate. You backbit your own father.

You don't get it. That's a shame. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Well, we've just come out of a decade or so of practically no storm activity. I remember hurricane Hanna and Hurricane Andrew. They are from decades ago. Pretty bad stuff. 

And there was a horrendous storm that wiped out a lot of homes in the northeast  around a hundred years ago and changed the beaches dramatically.

i.e. it's cyclical. We're in a solar minimum right now so things are changing.

Not just a solar minimum, but one Ive heard referred to as one of the more extreme solar minimums the astronomers have seen. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

33 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Its just media hype, all upset over the climate change views that trump has. Ive seen articles out the past 2 days about how un climate report says we have 12 yrs to change climate change or we are doomed. Then the articles started blaming trump for his climate change stance. Just another attack on the president. That is all it is. In reality, stronger storms have occured in the past. 

18 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Dont presume I need to understand anything. . My opinion differs . I paid your father a compliment and you felt the need to share his downfall to a complete stranger and the entire world quite frankly!.  

A thank you would have sufficed and certainly more appropriate. You backbit your own father.

You don't get it. That's a shame. 

Naw. My father would agree with me. My parents made me risk averse to a fault. 

I get it. It's just that, as you pointed out, my opinion differs. Remember, we are all anonymous here. "Still alive" is not my real name. :) 

BTW, poor wording on my part. I souldn't have said "you need to understand..." I should have said "It would help if you understood...".

I was just trying to say that it would be clearer if you understood the situation as well as I do. FWIW, I have a fantastic relationship with my father. I respect him a great deal, but I know better than to go to him for financial advice. Nobody's perfect.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Loved it! 1