• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, existential mabel said:
  12 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Nuclear bombs are nowhere near as dangerous as people think they are.

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Tell that to the people of kazakhstan.

Right, but I wouldn't mention that to those who were living in Nagasaki and Hiroshima?.............

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Right, but I wouldn't mention that to those who were living in Nagasaki and Hiroshima?.............

I thought of kazakhstan because they were forced to witness multiple nuke tests as part of the ussr. They suffer severe consequences today (50 plua years later) that hiroshima and nagasaki do not face today. They have entire villages that have to be routinely tested for leukemia. They have children who face an almost 100% chance of getting cancer. They cannot export beef because of the cesium content in the bones of the cattle. They have sections of their country that are off limits because of the radioactivity in the area. My husband and I almost adopted 2 kids from there and that is how I learned of the devastation of the region. They had over 400 nuclear bombs detonated in that country.

As bad as hiroshima and nagasaki was, to me what happened in kazakhstan was far worse. Which is why it came to mind when I initially posted. It was not meant as a slur on the japanese who suffered.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I thought of Kazakhstan because they were forced to witness multiple nuke tests as part of the ussr. They suffer severe consequences today (50 plua years later) that hiroshima and nagasaki do not face today. They have entire villages that have to be routinely tested for leukemia. They have children who face an almost 100% chance of getting cancer. They cannot export beef because of the cesium content in the bones of the cattle. They have sections of their country that are off limits because of the radioactivity in the area. My husband and I almost adopted 2 kids from there and that is how I learned of the devastation of the region. They had over 400 nuclear bombs detonated in that country.

As bad as hiroshima and nagasaki was, to me what happened in kazakhstan was far worse. Which is why it came to mind when I initially posted. It was not meant as a slur on the japanese who suffered.

As I also understood you, ayin. I had to look up about Kazakhstan as I was ignorant of their predicament. Sounds really tragic.
I just had to reply to the statement;
  "Nuclear bombs are nowhere near as dangerous as people think they are", thus the comment about the Japan bombing, as I'm sure the Japanese would disagree. I believe the poster may have meant the modern nukes have less fall out and are 'cleaner' with less collateral damage, as compared to WWII.  Hope we never have to find out.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Called my cousin in The Panhandle yesterday.  He said they only had alot of rain.  No damage.   He is about a 40 minute drive from the devastation.   Thank God they are ok.   He said authorities are still searching for bodies.

On a lighter note did anyone see where the ceiling was collapsing in one home....and as the family was leaving, four tiny baby kittens fell down from the ceiling!   They were on the news a few times.   The family had no idea the kittens were  in the attic.  They are at an animal shelter and up for adoption.