IGNORED

Storm Michael

Neighbor

49 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

National hurricane center is a wonderful site. I use it frequently because arizona gets affected by west coast hurricanes. 

This is the projected path of michael. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/152003.shtml?cone#contents

You are out of your monsoon. How was it this year btw? Last year prescott got 4 inches in august alone if I am remembering correctly.

Ill check the website out sis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Does anyone.. other than me, find it curious the reaction/connection among Trump, the severe weather since he took office and the Democrat connection/ reaction to Trump’s political moves/ choices?

Wow this seems convoluted.....but do you get it?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Well thanks for stopping by to trash Nc. I dont know if you tried to insult my choice of living or if you are too stupid to see that you did. I didnt bother to read anything else you said. I didnt need to.

You know one sheep, if you think that someone is dissing you home, you can note it, ignore it, and move on. There is not need to react with an insult, calling some one stupid.

Think of this as a gentle reminder of how we need to tread each other on the forums.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Are you hiding in waiting .......ready to pounce on all those who see you for who you are? Your passive aggressive revenge? Lol

give it a rest 1sheep. The topic is the storm, not what other users say that you need to worry about. This is only going to lead where you do not want to go.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Things do get humorous. An upset after dissing the logic of living where there might be storms? ???  It struck me as odd or  funny , because I have spent the last two years visiting and shopping housing at N. C.  Beautiful  but then I find, well the fish at this lake and that one are  not to be eaten or are high in PCB's. Why?  Because all the roads  around the many areas I looked at  were at one time used as a dumping ground by  the TVA and Alcoa Aluminum. They evidently used to oil the then dirt roads with it at night to get rid of the used oils from the aluminum smelting and the electrical transformers from the dams. Those oils contained PCBs.

Then I learn the lakes are drained in the winter months many feet and people run ATVs around the edges. The lakes get drained to accomodate all the mountain water run off expected from winter months of wet. Seems towns are prone to flooding otherwise. And then the hurricanes came in and affected the countryside all the way to Tennessee. Now, this latest Florida Hurricane  might end up adding to the woes of flooded areas of N. C. 

I do love Murphy and Andrews and much of the area all the way to Ashville, but free of problems from weather and environmental concerns? I don't think so. And yes I do pay taxes, non resident  taxes at one state, plus the the federal government. I don't really want to add N.C. to the tax burden, if for no other reason than the rules are rather different for N.C. They seem regressive to me, but that is my impression. And to be blunt, I just don't want the hassle of figuring it all out.

Plus  in my search for a church and for  the lead of the Holy Spirit I just didn't sense any confirmation that I should make such a move. So I will just visit NC most likely. And maybe if I can ever find affordable  property at New Hampshire, and if God so leads I'll buy in there. Odds are low on that one, less God helps me and I win Lotto or something.

God led me to Florida! I sure didn't want to go from my then pretty nice southern California. But staying at Ca. wasn't God's plan for me. So here I  am, I do love it here, heat and all, now after so many years. I was led to have to return to California too  for two years. I did the task God had for me, and returned here to the risk of the subtropic, were God has provided safety even in last year's storm that came through.

The world is not  a safe place anyway. Many are led to go to some pretty strange and dangerous places, Benin, Nigeria, EL Salvador, for example. His leading me to Florida? Wow a piece of cake, eh?

In the meantime, I have learned to be of help, and to also receive help, when storms come in and do their thing.

Many will need help this week, and in the months to come perhaps; not just at the Florida panhandle, but near all the way inland at Georgia, S.C. and as perhaps as far west as Murphy NC. Certainly part of NC will have needs.

So I pray for the helpers, for their safety as they function to help  total strangers have comfort in their homes and towns. May many angels be at hand protecting.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

So many hurricanes! Please be safe!  It breaks our hearts that our people and country are being attacked so. Crazy me would say that the “powers that be” are manipulating weather and directing it toward our precious country. But that’s crazy talk eh?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

9 hours ago, 1sheep said:

You are out of your monsoon. How was it this year btw? Last year prescott got 4 inches in august alone if I am remembering correctly.

Ill check the website out sis

We got quite a bit of rain but nothing too drastic or harmful. 

We got nailed 10/2 with remnants from hurricane rosa. Made for the second wettest october so far, and the 8th highest rainfall for one day. Was quite nice, as long as you were not the two towns that had to be evacuated. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

How are things near Pensacola, Neighbor?   I have a few cousins near there.   Last time the hurricane came, my cousin said they didn't have to leave.  This one looks really bad though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

Hello there,

Living in the UK, my thoughts are with you in the USA, as yet another storm surge hits you, following the wild fires of recent times. I can't begin to imagine the effect that these catastrophic events have had on those affected by them.  Indonesia too, where so many have been killed, and Japan.  

The report from the 'The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change' (IPCC) is a wake-up call for all of us, globally.  

Take care.  With love in Christ Jesus

Chris

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, 1sheep said:

It sounds like your father was a wise man who gave his kids sound advice. 

Well, yes. However, he was also penny wise and dollar foolish. ;)