IGNORED

What Jesus told me about Mark 10:17-31 (The Rich and the Kingdom of God)

mynickname

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 10:17-31 New International Version (NIV)

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[a]

20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is[b] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

28 Then Peter spoke up, “We have left everything to follow you!”

29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Jesus told me that that person later sold everything he had (except a place where he was living) and gave everything to the poor. Then he came to Jesus and followed Him. He is now in heaven with Jesus.

I asked Him while reading the bible what happened to that person and He told me this.

Jesus wanted me to post this :)

• Oy Vey! 1

40 minutes ago, Yowm said:

How do you know it was Jesus and not a deceiving spirit?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (Mat 24:4-5)

The way you put it would have Jesus proclaiming salvation by works.

I once was confused if the voice i was "hearing" was really Jesus. So i said lets start from the beginning i wanted to start all over again with hearing Jesus voice. I asked Jesus to start all over again. So after a while a Spirit said to me, "this Spirit is helping you". It was the Holy Spirit, it was Jesus. I suggest that you ask Jesus to reveal His voice to you so you can know and follow Him. Don't worry about me, i know His voice. Just pray to Jesus. He will guide you into all truth.

24 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Nope. That is not how we test the spirits. If they do not speak according to God's Word, they are not of God.

How could Jesus speak according to the bible if that particular thing is not in the bible? He speaks...even what is not in the bible...He guides into ALL truth. Bible is just a book, not everything is in it.

Edited by mynickname

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Jo 4:1  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

The key is in the passage you quoted.  With God all things are possible.  Your insight does not reveal that the ruler saw Jesus to be any more than a rabbi or teacher.  Unless your revelation said that he acknowledged Jesus as God in human flesh, I very much doubt its source.  When Peter confessed Jesus as the Christ he was told that the Father had revealed it to him.  Even then Peter did not change in nature until the Holy Spirit had been poured out in Acts 2.  Then he changed from a wimp to a powerhouse.  So I doubt if the ruler could have changed without the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.  Your revelation did not give glory to God or acknowledge Jesus as the Christ. 

It sounds more like self to me, or deception.  We must always test our revelations, and they should be tested by congregation, or us in this case.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

There is an old tradition that the rich young man did have second thoughts... and that his name was Barnabas! (Acts 4:36,37)

It is only a tradition, of course, and there's no way of testing its veracity.

The truth is, we have no idea what happened to him during the rest of his life. But that's part of the value of the story. It's open-endedness challenges us, because the question is still open: will we give up what we need to give up, in order follow Jesus?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

If you are trying to infer that the rich , young ruler decided to sell everything and give it to the poor so he could complete his delusional “ obeying all the commandments since his youth” and thereby merit his salvation by his good works, your exclusive “ vision” came straight from Hell. You are in my prayers .

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

""Jesus doesn't speak to us audibly.  ""

Really? What New Testament are you reading. 

""The way you put it would have Jesus proclaiming salvation by works.""

Of course that man in mynickname's testimony is receiving  his salvation by works. The law was still alive alive when Christ was alive. Christ was still working within the law. Salvation by Grace/Faith did not begin until after the death and resurrection of Christ. So the only way for that man to gain salvation is by works.

It is not up to any of us to judge the validity of mynickname's testimony. He is sharing what Christ has spoken to him. Each of us can believe or disbelieve the message but it is not our place to judge if the message is from Christ.

The message is correct because that man lived in the law therefore his only way to salvation was through works. 

Mynickname, you are surely blessed.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Eyesonly said:

""Jesus doesn't speak to us audibly.  ""

Really? What New Testament are you reading. 

""The way you put it would have Jesus proclaiming salvation by works.""

Of course that man in mynickname's testimony is receiving  his salvation by works. The law was still alive alive when Christ was alive. Christ was still working within the law. Salvation by Grace/Faith did not begin until after the death and resurrection of Christ. So the only way for that man to gain salvation is by works.

It is not up to any of us to judge the validity of mynickname's testimony. He is sharing what Christ has spoken to him. Each of us can believe or disbelieve the message but it is not our place to judge if the message is from Christ.

The message is correct because that man lived in the law therefore his only way to salvation was through works. 

Mynickname, you are surely blessed.

Busy today....hopefully this will do for now.....Luke7:50–“ Your FAITH has SAVED you, go in peace” . Jesus said this to a whore.What did she do that merited such good news? She BELIEVED Jesus was who He said He was.It was faith then, it’s faith now.The prostitute KNEW she was a sinner that needed a savior—— just like us.She knew who the Savior was.The rich,young prince knew neither.He needed his self-righteous balloon busted and that’s what Jesus was trying to do.It never changes— Faith plus nothing.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,674
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If its not in scripture theres no way to know what happened. Jesus isnt going to give anyone divine answers to that, if He wanted us to know ut would be in the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, mynickname said:

Mark 10:17-31 New International Version (NIV)

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[a]

20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is[b] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

28 Then Peter spoke up, “We have left everything to follow you!”

29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Jesus told me that that person later sold everything he had (except a place where he was living) and gave everything to the poor. Then he came to Jesus and followed Him. He is now in heaven with Jesus.

I asked Him while reading the bible what happened to that person and He told me this.

Jesus wanted me to post this :)

This event happened in Israel and involved Israelites and not the rest if the world. 

It also happened before the resuraction or the penticost day. 

Jesus did not say "love God with all....." and do not follow the Law to keep the Sabbath and the religious Holidays...

He implied keep the Law with faith and love for God and your neibour....

What it matters is that it does not realy matter hiw much you have and what you do with .  

What it matters is to believe in Jesus Christ as the Redeemer....

In that even Jesus never mention faith in him as the son of God...

In the day of Penticost Peter give the Gospel of Jesus and he never mention "sell everything and give it to the pour and follow Jesus to be saved..

I cannot comment about the message you had...

But I understand it may sound as a good message...

And Jesus never judge this man as lost....

At the time of Penticost or there after if this man believe in the Gospel he was saved without selling anything. 

Jesus was taulking about the coming prosecution and many had to leave Jerusalem in a hurry 

and not because of the Jews only but because of the Romans later on and many had to flee from both the Jews and the Romans...

Jesus may have given you that message with the hint, that this man did not sell everything and he kept something for himself to show not to see this as an example and do the same thing with our parents hard earn property...

He did not asked us to be saved we need to live just like John the Baptist. 

Perhaps Jesus show you what you wanted to do, with a massage not to do it. 

Yes this man may have been saved because later in believe that Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins and was raised for the dead.

For that and not for any other reason.