IGNORED

What Jesus told me about Mark 10:17-31 (The Rich and the Kingdom of God)

mynickname

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

Nothing to presume, at all, just a matter of fact. God doesnt give us divine guidance like that anymore, thats what the Bible is there for. Please reference revelation 22:18-19.

I don't believe that "anyone" refers to God himself. What you have referred me too does not say God cannot add to or take away from The Word.

God is not "anyone", he is "The One". It is God's Word, he created it. It's his to do with as he pleases.

I believe that scripture is talking about "anyone" from the flesh.

As with a lot of scripture it is how it is revealed to you.

If you believe that "anyone" includes God himself, then that is what it is meant to be for your pathway. My pathway reads it differently.

And that's the beauty of The Word.

And also it appears that the scripture you quoted is specifically talking about the prophecies in the book of Revelation, when it talks about not adding or taking away.

When scripture is quoted it must be quoted within the context of its origin. Too many people grab a few lines here and there to prove their point when the original context of the lines or quotes have nothing to do with the proof that's trying to be administered.

Edited by Eyesonly
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, mynickname said:

Mark 10:17-31 New International Version (NIV)

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[a]

20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is[b] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

28 Then Peter spoke up, “We have left everything to follow you!”

29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Jesus told me that that person later sold everything he had (except a place where he was living) and gave everything to the poor. Then he came to Jesus and followed Him. He is now in heaven with Jesus.

I asked Him while reading the bible what happened to that person and He told me this.

Jesus wanted me to post this :)

This store follows to what happened to this man...

We see from the post that this man had no dependants, or a wife or children or siblings, it seems that his only needs were about himself, 

"He kept a small place for himself",

And he joint others besides the disciples who were following Jesus...

So far nothing strange or unusual to raise a red flag, it could have happen this way...

This man it seems that he lived for some time and he died as a believer in Jesus Christ, possible he was among the crowd on the day of Penticost, and could be an active member of the group who supported and preach the Gospel. 

It could be, or in any case he died as a believer, from the statement of Jesus Christ that he is in Heaven with Jesus...

The most obvious issue that someone may take an objection with it is,  by reading into it the events that happened with Jesus when they first met and the subsequent dialog Jesus had with the disciples.

And not taking into account that this man became a dedicated follower of Jesus as per your input and the followed events that suggest that he may have been with the disciples at the Golgotha during the Crusifiction.

The statement that stands out is that Jesus said that he is with him...

That ut tells us that he died as a post Cross believer of Jesus Christ that he believed in his resuraction.

The other issue is that you said Jesus taulk to you...

You did not say how he taulk to you...

Someone obsected that Jesus can audable can taulk to someone today...

You defended this statement and that may be the reason for many to believe that Jesus taulk to you in an audable voice...

But what I read from the OP you only said " that Jesus taulk to you", but did not say how;, 

So you do own us a clarification of how Jesus taulk to you; according to your post.

Was it in a still small voice from within your spirit? 

Was it in a dream or vision? As you suddenly woke up upon this dream or vision. 

Was it in distinguishable thoughts from within at a time not asking for it, and being occupied with something else. 

Or during a prayer...

Or a worship service...

Or was it and audable message from the Lord himself or one of his Angels. 

And we also have the Holy Spirit, is this an experience you had with the Holy Spirit from within your heart...

The Holy Spirit will take from Jesus...in his name...

So if you could give more reasonable information that will be appreciated...

Get something out of the way, and we can be inlighted by your experience, which I do not doubt, it is quite biblical, as the Jesus said ask something and it will be done unto you...

Or you will received...

On 10/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, mynickname said:

Mark 10:17-31 New International Version (NIV)

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[a]

20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is[b] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

28 Then Peter spoke up, “We have left everything to follow you!”

29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Jesus told me that that person later sold everything he had (except a place where he was living) and gave everything to the poor. Then he came to Jesus and followed Him. He is now in heaven with Jesus.

I asked Him while reading the bible what happened to that person and He told me this.

This store follows to what happened to this man...

We see from the post that this man had no dependants, or a wife or children or siblings, it seems that his only needs were about himself, 

"He kept a small place for himself",

And he joint others besides the disciples who were following Jesus...

So far nothing strange or unusual to raise a red flag, it could have happen this way...

This man it seems that he lived for some time and he died as a believer in Jesus Christ, possible he was among the crowd on the day of Penticost, and could be an active member of the group who supported and preach the Gospel. 

It could be, or in any case he died as a believer, from the statement of Jesus Christ that he is in Heaven with Jesus...

The most obvious issue that someone may take an objection with it is,  by reading into it the events that happened with Jesus when they first met and the subsequent dialog Jesus had with the disciples.

And not taking into account that this man became a dedicated follower of Jesus as per your input and the followed events that suggest that he may have been with the disciples at the Golgotha during the Crusifiction.

The statement that stands out is that Jesus said that he is with him...

That ut tells us that he died as a post Cross believer of Jesus Christ that he believed in his resuraction.

The other issue is that you said Jesus taulk to you...

You did not say how he taulk to you...

Someone obsected that Jesus can audable can taulk to someone today...

You defended this statement and that may be the reason for many to believe that Jesus taulk to you in an audable voice...

But what I read from the OP you only said " that Jesus taulk to you", but did not say how;, 

So you do own us a clarification of how Jesus taulk to you; according to your post.

Was it in a still small voice from within your spirit? 

Was it in a dream or vision? As you suddenly woke up upon this dream or vision. 

Was it in distinguishable thoughts from within at a time not asking for it, and being occupied with something else. 

Or during a prayer...

Or a worship service...

Or was it and audable message from the Lord himself or one of his Angels. 

And we also have the Holy Spirit, is this an experience you had with the Holy Spirit from within your heart...

The Holy Spirit will take from Jesus...in his name...

So if you could give more reasonable information that will be appreciated...

Get something out of the way, and we can be inlighted by your experience, which I do not doubt, it is quite biblical, as the Jesus said ask something and it will be done unto you...

Or ask and you will received...

On the other hand, even thought so far I have not find anything misguided from your statement, I must keep in mind my preservations and ask you questions, instant of trying to figure them out from the things you claim, and that too...

I would like to know if you are one if those people who in the past have claim that Jesus or an Angel has reach out to them and have eventually introduce strange doctrines and have led many ashtray...

I do not question your gredibility or reliability, but it is good not to be gullible...

You may suggest why don't you ask Jesus about that your self, but that is besides the point. 

As we also have receive instructions to learn to Judge things as much as possible on our own. 

Like as in the issue a brother has put forwards by refering to Revelations 22: 

We if we do a research we will find out that this message makes reference to the words written in the scroll. 

And about chapter 6: we see that the scroll was open and read...

So this instruction on chapter 22: it is that there is reasonable reference to apply strictly to the words written in the scroll...

As it is expresly stated that if someone adds or takes from the words written in the scroll...

And this is not the only warning as in another part it says "that many will come and try to comment about the things written in the scroll motivated by their own inflated minds, and the guidance is not to listen to them, because only the giver of the scroll has the mysteries of the scroll.

As with the dreams of Farrao his wisemen said we cannot tell the meaning of the dream.

it us lock with the giver of the dream, only him can reveal it, and he won't reveal it to us, but to his servant Joshef he will, to him shall you ask. 

Jesus has given us the Holy Spirit and it is nit a dubm and mute SPIRIT, to the contrary Jesus said: it will take from me and bring it to you. 

On the other hand even without reference to specific scriptures...

We know that the evil spirits or deceiving spirits as some have claim can taulk to us and try to lead us...

And by that why the Holy Spirit or the Angels of the Lord cannot taulk and guide us. , to us who as his children have the right to this guidance. 

I believe that the Spirit of Truth can teach us to discern the diferent distorted spirits from the guidance of the spirit of truth.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Why would Jesus want you to tell this to others?

Let's just say everything is legit. It was he that spoke. The one he describes is in heaven.

What purpose does it serve God for us to know this?

And what purpose does it serve God to know that Jesus speaks to you personally? 

• Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Since the call of God is irrevocable (Romans 11:29), I am personally convinced this is Saul of Tarsus (who went away sad, then resentful, then resolute to expose this fraud Jesus who almost wooed him from a lifetime of being prepared to be Super Pharisee)... then came the Damascus road run in with the real Jesus.

Romans 11:29 is also why I believe Judas Iscariot was the one who offered to follow Jesus but Jesus didn't call him (his reply, Foxes have holes and bird of the air have nests but the Son of man has no place to lay his head)... Jesus ignored whoever it was offer to follow him...

Edited by JohnD

26 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Why would Jesus want you to tell this to others?

Let's just say everything is legit. It was he that spoke. The one he describes is in heaven.

What purpose does it serve God for us to know this?

And what purpose does it serve God to know that Jesus speaks to you personally? 

I was thinking about the same thing.

What is the proposed that Jesus asked him to tell us...

(I also considered that he said Jesus asked me, 

I don't know the brother but I have preservations to conclude that he took the name of the Lord in vain...

As he did not say anything to promote himself or to indroduce a doctrine. 

It also seems from the language in the post that he seemed relactand to even post this message as the only gain it seems he got is opposition and sort off ridicule...

That make me think that the Lord is asking us to let him reach us in the same way. 

Lets wait and see what the brother will tell us next...

Do you think the Lord is knoking on the door of our heart...

Do you think we are suppressing the Spirit because of our overcausious fears...

Guest shiloh357
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, mynickname said:

That did not come from Jesus.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

7 hours ago, Scott Free said:

Rev. 22:18-19 is talking about the publishing of the manuscript. Or, is it meant to shutdown the commentary of people who personally disagree with you?

Its talking about adding to Gods word, someone claiming that God told them extra biblical text is doing just that, adding to His word-finishing a story with material that wasn't in the original text. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to think that also. Just be careful in declaring “what Jesus showed you”. I believe when Jesus shows us things, it’s for us personally. Because we already have the Bible which is universal. I’m not saying He didn’t show you this, but we can’t just believe anyone who claims, “Jesus told me...”. Jesus certainly talks to us and reveals things for our own personal benefit and circumstances. The Bible is for everyone. You’re relating an ending to a Biblical story that that Bible itself doesn’t indicate. The revelation may be directed at you alone. Maybe you should sell all your belongings and follow the Lord?? Just saying. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Praise God! 1