• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,600
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

Diaste, when you say 'stepping right off the cliff' up there, I'm not comparing any of us here to any prophets in the sense that any of us are claiming to be- so don't anyone say that's what I'm doing, lol - that's my disclaimer, all- haha-

ANYway....that being said....

I would imagine John on Patmos, and Daniel, just as examples- with some of the things they saw in their visions were nervous at the thought of telling others what they had seen, for fear of being percieved as...off? I don't know. Either way, what they saw was NOT normal, everyday-type things- massive sea creatures with bodies and heads of different animals don't come up out of the ocean, normally- a valley full of human bones does NOT come together and stand as a great army of skeletons. These were things that were difficult to understand, but they stood in prophetic history as something that would happen, but maybe weren't easy to understand at that time- it was like Gabriel (I think it was Gabriel) telling Daniel to 'shut up the book until the final days in history when knowledge would increase, etc' - I want to look at these things with a...sound, prayerful mind, being careful not to get caught up in the...'shock value' of any of it, because there is something here in these things that we wonder about-

Either that, or I just took a major nosedive off the cliff with ya, hahaha!

Sure, there is obvious symbolism, especially when a messenger says, “I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and ten horns." This beast with 7 head and 10 horns carrying a prostitute represents other temporal and spiritual realities. 

I think at other times in prophecy we have to discern the difference between symbol and reality in what's being described. It seems to me that there is a mix symbol, allegory and reality in some prophecy. An example are the beasts you mentioned in Daniel 7. Verse 4 is Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar. The lion is Babylon, the eagles wings are the scope of Babylons dominion and the fate Nebuchadnezzar for his arrogance, Dan 4, and the restoration of ol' Nebby.

We have that guide and it can and should be applied to the other three beasts, two of which we can identify from history, with the fourth one unprecedented.

The valley of dry bones is likewise identified, "Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Look, they are saying, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope has perished; we are cut off."

But when any vision is not so identified I feel we can safely assume the elements of the vision will manifest as depicted.

Like the glorious city from God in Rev 21. This is real. Imagine it; a single city around 1400 miles in length, breadth and height! To compare, NY city is 73 miles square, the largest in the world by area. Now won't that be amazing! 

To me it's shocking to think about, and I like it. ?

I agree with your approach. Prayer requests for insight, rational thought, patience. For me the truth has to be HIS, not mine, and I want it in all it's glory and hope and love, along with the dark and dirty parts.

Edited by Diaste

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Diaste said:

Sure, there is obvious symbolism, especially when a messenger says, “I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and ten horns." This beast with 7 head and 10 horns carrying a prostitute represents other temporal and spiritual realities. 

I think at other times in prophecy we have to discern the difference between symbol and reality in what's being described. It seems to me that there is a mix symbol, allegory and reality in some prophecy. An example are the beasts you mentioned in Daniel 7. Verse 4 is Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar. The lion is Babylon, the eagles wings are the scope of Babylons dominion and the fate Nebuchadnezzar for his arrogance, Dan 4, and the restoration of ol' Nebby.

We have that guide and it can and should be applied to the other three beasts, two of which we can identify from history, with the fourth one unprecedented.

The valley of dry bones is likewise identified, "Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Look, they are saying, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope has perished; we are cut off."

But when any vision is not so identified I feel we can safely assume the elements of the vision will manifest as depicted.

Like the glorious city from God in Rev 21. This is real. Imagine it; a single city around 1400 miles in length, breadth and height! To compare, NY city is 73 miles square, the largest in the world by area. Now won't that be amazing! 

To me it's shocking to think about, and I like it. ?

I agree with your approach. Prayer requests for insight, rational thought, patience. For me the truth has to be HIS, not mine, and I want it in all it's glory and hope and love, along with the dark and dirty parts.

I agree, the majority of the time I'm talking about things that I recall are in the bible- but it's true, there are things that there are explanations for, and then there are things that have no explanation whatsoever- and leave us all just sort of...gaping, lol. There's a big part of me that thinks we should take these things, perhaps, at face value and see if what they are describing turns out to be just what it seems to be--- in another forum I was talking about how Israel became a nation in a day due to the Balfour Declaration (I think that was it), and how it paralleled with Isaiah 66:8 "Who has ever heard of such things? Who has ever seen things like this? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

This is literally what happened- the nation was born in a day-and this is what Isaiah said would happen- It's difficult sometimes to think of things in the future that are prophesied and confusing, like the whole chimera business, could possibly be literal beings. I guess it will be a 'wait and see' bit of business, kind of freaky when you think about it, lol.

As an aside...in case anyone is wondering why my posts are suddenly showing up all over the place lately - not that anyone is wondering, but just in case, lol - it's because I'm trying to hit the "100 posts" mark so I can post in that other forum, where you aren't allowed unless you have at least 100 posts. This post is to add to what I have so far...I figure after having been here for a year now, I need to step up my game-LOL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/10/2018 at 10:23 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Just one example of many: Damascus, Syria becoming an heap over night and never occupied again (which is close). Most likely a nuclear strike by IDF.

Dear brother, it doesn't have to be nuclear, just the right target, ...Saddam's WMD are buried under Damascus, remember when Israel told Bush his WMD were no longer in Iraq and not to go there expecting to find them, ...but, now we know the oil was the spoil! 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 12/19/2018 at 8:29 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

I so agree with your take on this. My mom passed 25 years ago, she was really into bible prophecy and I often think to myself that she would be shocked to see how technologically advanced the world has become- when she was around, PC's were just coming out, DOS, icky dark gray screen with slimy green characters lol, no internet yet- at least it wasn't as commonplace as it is now. Sometimes when I think about it, I'm surprised at how truly advanced technology has become, and this just in the 25 years I'm thinking of- it's amazing and almost unbelievable when you think about it. Sort of...awe-inspiring.

Yeah, I'm dramatic...whatever, lol~

I'm trying to make a point here as well, although I have a very roundabout way of getting there and a huge tendency to 'think out loud', as it were...My point is...I have spent the last few years just dying to get my hands on prophetic 'truth'. The real thing. No screaming headline-type things, or the sort of things you will find on a 'shocking' youtube video, etc.- I'm sure everyone knows what I mean, here- I'm talking about bible prophecy that is being fulfilled now, and correlates directly with the bible- no 'trying to make it fit', or explanations that are so deep and mysterious that it takes an  Einstein to decipher it to the point that most people can't make heads or tails of it. There are a few things floating around out there that make me wonder if they will be used to fulfill prophecy, or will have a big hand in it- I think to myself that it's almost like a slumbering giant, awakening from the deep and we - humanity, those interested and watching for prophetic things to happen - are standing on the shore and watching it slowly rise and come to life- bits and pieces coming together, and those who are watching see various things and think to themselves, "Ah....I can see how that (whatever 'that' may be that a person is observing) could be used to bring about this particular prophecy, those particular prophecies, etc"- an example would be, and this is a very loose example....how many have been around for enough time (not gonna say 'old', hahaha) and can remember when studying/reading about prophecy, it was really difficult to imagine how it would be possible to literally track every person on the planet? Back then...when my mom was around...it was impossible. There was just no way to do that- of course, now we know differently - and the noose become tighter every day, with the technological ability to keep track of just about every single thing/person/incident you can think of. Gone are the days when they had the rapture novels out (I'm thinking 70s/80s) where people would run off to the mountains, live off the land, and 'hide' from the antichrist, etc.- there's no hiding now. Period. Just...none.

Ok, so having said all that and still not quite having made my point (because I talk a lot, lol)-I will sum it up with this thought: could it be that we are...making the study and interpretation of prophecy much harder than it has to be? In a sense, not seeing the 'forest for the trees' sort of thinking? I'm no scientist, mathematician, etc.- when I'm faced with things that are mega-detailed and almost impossible to understand, I'm talking about such ...'scholarly' treatises, etc. in regard to biblical prophetic explanation, here...I skim over, don't bother, and move on. Now, I know- a lot of people would say, "Well! You don't understand because you weren't mean't to understand!", but I say no. That's not it at all. I've had a deep desire to understand end-time prophecy since I was old enough to understand what it even was- I can't believe God didn't place that in my heart, and then give me the inability to 'catch on', know what I mean? I think we can all look at the vast technological advances going on in our world today and piece it together and how it fits in with prophecy without making it so difficult to understand, does that make sense? Highly intelligent thought with the simple, so to speak. So that even if aspects of it are difficult to understand due to the scholarly (or whatever) nature of it, the simplicity of it still makes it understandable. We are able to, from our living rooms, offices, phones, tablets, access anywhere almost in the world, find out what's happening absolutely everywhere, almost from the very moment it happens- and oftentimes, as it actually is happening. For the younger generation, up to the 30-somethings, this is nothing new, but for someone like myself who remembers when it wasn't like this, at all? It's amazing. And it makes me realize that now, more than ever before, we need - all of us - to be able to understand what is going on around us, and how it pertains to bible prophecy being fulfilled, and having done so, having the ability to be able to point it out and warn others what's coming.

The End. lol

You hit the nail on the head so to speak. We are not privy to how far we are actually 'advanced' in technology because of DARPA projects and military and intelligence applications. I don't hear anyone disputing that our knowledge (not wisdom) and technology is doubling every 2-3 months. If you want the hair on the back of your neck to stand up, Google search "Sophia" and watch a couple of those artificial intelligence videos. They have surveillance drones disguised and the size of insects. Even Amazon and FedEx has the technology to deliver your package directly to your front door via drone. 

Daniel 12:4 (KJV) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

We can plainly see and apply the above verse to the times in which we are living, and I believe it has a further application. I think this also applies to understanding the unfolding of biblical prophecy. Prior to seventy-five years ago, whom could have imagined how Israel would become a nation once again in "one day"? With 20/20 hindsight we see exactly how this occurred with all the events 100 years prior to May 14, 1948.

Yes, there is no hiding or off the grid anymore. The government knows where you are just by paying any sort of tax or buying or owning anything. Ever use Google Earth as an example? It's primitive technology released for public use. With the advent of spy satellites, drones, etc., they get closer sharper real time images of anywhere / anytime they desire. Everything and anything from enrolling in school to; visiting a doctor, having any sort of account or license or purchasing anything major (home, renting, automobile, etc.)... What's the one thing you always have to supply? 

Never before in history has this occurred. We see all the players and alliances in place and lined up for the Ezekiel 38: - 39: (Gog - Magog) Israel invasion, that could occur at any time now. We see Turkey (a NATO nation) drastically changing to radical instead of moderate Islam, once a good friend to Israel but now a hated enemy. 

We see the 'ecumenical' movement of the Vatican and Pope Francis, all the nonsense he is spewing. Getting all the "Protesters" back under the umbrella of the 'one true church'. Collectively gathering in Rome with every major religion on earth espousing we "all serve the same god" and praying to their god. 

Yep, we are no doubt living in the terminal generation and witnessing who and how all these prophetic things are coming about in God's plan. Our nation is about 238 years old, I'm 66 years old; in my lifetime I can't comprehend how much our moral standards have declined, to the point of calling evil good, and good evil. 

Well I've blabbed enough now that everyone should be asleep at their keyboards at this point ?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2018 at 5:33 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Dear brother, it doesn't have to be nuclear, just the right target, ...Saddam's WMD are buried under Damascus, remember when Israel told Bush his WMD were no longer in Iraq and not to go there expecting to find them, ...but, now we know the oil was the spoil! 

I agree that most likely there's a stock pile of biological and chemical weapons buried and hidden in Damascus, Syria. They have even used some of them a few times so far according to reports I've read. However, those chemical / biological weapons can't reduce Damascus to a ruinous uninhabitable heap of rubble in one night. In my mind based on scripture, and could be wrong, it sounds to me like a radioactive bomb. 

As far as "oil was the spoil"... I'm not commenting one way nor another; but imagine what would happen to the United States and it citizens and lifestyles, if the majority of the worlds oil was cut off and we didn't have access to it? To me, that's of National and personal interest.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:46 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

I've actually been reading some things on chimeras, etc.- and some interesting thought on the antichrist and recombinant (sp? Sorryyyy) DNA-true, it's mind-boggling- in the sense that it's just so....hard to imagine things like this actually being true, but again, when reading the OT and seeing the sorts of things - and beings - that were going on at that time (reason for the Flood as an example), it stretches the mind a bit and it's no easy feat to wrap our minds around, for sure- but when we stop and think of the things that are going on around us that we cannot see, the beings who exist, etc. around us all of the time that we are unable to see with human eyes- it makes you realize that the things we have difficulty believing are due to our own limited human understanding.

Here's my thoughts?

The definition of what is a human and what is acceptable has changed, and is still changing. There's a push and legislation right now to allow abortion up to the point of delivery. At any stage of development of a child in the womb, they don't want to recognize it as a human being? Big push going on for assisted suicide of the useless and draining elderly too. The world and its morals have drastically changed over the last few decades.

It's no secret and even the mainstream liberal news sites cover it from time to time. There's much experimentation going on trying to create 'super humans', able to withstand the rigors of extended space travel, along with creating super soldiers for the battlefield. It's also no secret the worlds scientists and dark programs are experimenting with and creating chimeras; under the guise of health, disease and extending our lives. But we all know such technology is gobbled up by governments and the military first and foremost, to the application of war and control. Any benefits to the public will gradually trickle down for general use. Their is no enforceable standards or regulations among participating governments in this quest, much less rouge nations and radical groups.  

Based on what is allowed to be released to the public, I'd highly suspect we would all be surprised with what is actually going on and their progress. Boots on the ground in the battlefield, or for control of a nation and peoples; what would be the ultimate weapon in place of an inferior human life? Couple the preceding with a dab of nano technology, a sprinkle of robotics and a splash of AI, and whatcha got?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,682
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

On 10/10/2018 at 4:23 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Ever notice in the Bible, that it seems God uses man and nature and His creation much more to accomplish His will, rather than divine miracle intervention? What's my point?

Daniel 12:4 (KJV) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

I read a lot of commentaries and expositional teachings from respected scholars and teachers to gain perspective of biblical and prophetic interpretation of scripture. Mostly from scholars of the previous generation(s) and have since past. These were very wise and intelligent men whom loved the Lord dearly and knew their Bibles inside and out. Naturally in their writings on future prophecy yet to be fulfilled, many times they were wrong or didn't understand how a lot of this prophecy would be implemented with the use of our modern technology. I don't believe they understood how rapidly the world would decline and to what degree, much less technological advancements.

Daniel 12:4, and knowledge shall be increased. This can be interpreted in a number of ways, one being our technological and scientific advancements, etc., which is also true. But, I believe the primary meaning of this verse is that 'biblical knowledge' of prophetic events of Daniel and Revelation would become understandable, and the means of which clear. Just one example of many: Damascus, Syria becoming an heap over night and never occupied again (which is close). Most likely a nuclear strike by IDF.

My point is; we are privileged and blessed living in this generation, our eyes have been opened, the Book has been unsealed, to see all these things come about, and see the role of our technologies having a part in the fulfillment of end-time prophecy. There will be supernatural events occurring from the hand of God, but it appears many may be the result of 'man' and the misuse of that technology for evil and war. That's in addition to Satan and evil supernatural forces being cast to and unleashed upon earth.  

I believe "traveling to and fro"means coparing scripture.As in traveling to and fro through the bible.Comparing daniel and revelation and encreasing knowledge that way.

Many of the events in daniel 11 i believe have been taking place since the return of the jews to the land of israel.

Such things as both US/Iraq wars and are events which take place just before thewar of Armeggedon at the end of the chapter.I also believe the book has been sealed till this time.I understand many people believe such people as Josephus could undestand thousands of years ago but i dont believe so.I believe he was a blind leader of the blind and those who listen to him are mislead.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/12-4.htm

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I think running to and fro means moving to other countries like what's going on in Europe and Sweden and like Mexico and south American people moving into usa. In fact all over the world it's goin on and never before now. And at the same time knowledge shall be increase.  I think advancement in science.  At the end times this should happen. And it is now happening. The gospel is pretty close being sent into all places. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think 'running to and fro', etc. has to do with technology/work/travel becoming so worldwide and international, both in person and online. We live in a very busy, interconnected world, vastly different than anything in the past. Just my two cents lol.

• Thumbs Up 1