• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

And at the same time knowledge shall be increase.  I think advancement in science. 

:thumbs_up: I believe this, too. I think of all the medical achievements in surgery and drugs that have been made...even in my own lifetime. 

Some say the invention of the internet fits well with "knowledge shall increase." At no other time in history have we had that much information at our fingertips. Although I think (sadly) much of it is DISinformation. 

I am :laugh: old enough to remember being fascinated when my dad bought us a complete set of the Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedias. I especially liked the pictures.:)

As for the "to and fro" part, I've heard some say that is referring to modern travel which would be especially true of airlines. People are highly dependent on these for jobs/businesses.

I think back to the biblical days in which these scriptures were penned. They were primitive in comparison to the modern inventions/technology today. Traveling was confined to animals so it was pretty hard to go far. Ships were able to get you around up to a point. But pale in comparison to the speed of the air travel that exists now.

So I tend to agree with these two interpretations/positions that I've heard about 'knowledge increasing' and 'running to and fro.' 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, turtletwo said:

:thumbs_up: I believe this, too. I think of all the medical achievements in surgery and drugs that have been made...even in my own lifetime. 

Some say the invention of the internet fits well with "knowledge shall increase." At no other time in history have we had that much information at our fingertips. Although I think (sadly) much of it is DISinformation. 

I am :laugh: old enough to remember being fascinated when my dad bought us a complete set of the Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedias. I especially liked the pictures.:)

As for the "to and fro" part, I've heard some say that is referring to modern travel which would be especially true of airlines. People are highly dependent on these for jobs/businesses.

I think back to the biblical days in which these scriptures were penned. They were primitive in comparison to the modern inventions/technology today. Traveling was confined to animals so it was pretty hard to go far. Ships were able to get you around up to a point. But pale in comparison to the speed of the air travel that exists now.

So I tend to agree with these two interpretations/positions that I've heard about 'knowledge increasing' and 'running to and fro.' 

I agree. Step out onto any major city highway or street in any major city during rush hour. It doesn't even need to be rush hour or a major city. Can you imagine that kind of bumper to bumper congestion with horses and buggies? Hundreds of millions fly long distances yearly. I too once had a complete set of Funk & Wagnal's. Mom went grocery shopping every two weeks, and if your purchase amount was enough, you got that weeks volume. 

What kind of knowledge 'has not' exponentially increased in the last few decades? Imagine graphing this knowledge on a chart over the last 4,000 years, and look at the straight up climb in our day. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I want to say my dad had a set of Funk & Wagnalls...if it's the encyclopedias I'm thinking of, they had such an ugly, brown fabric-looking cover, but I was fascinated and looked at them all of the time, lol- this is back in the day when we all still actually read literal books, lol-