Dennis1209

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure how I did that quote business or how to undo it, but you all get my point, lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Not sure how I did that quote business or how to undo it, but you all get my point, lol

if you click just right of the "quote" it will highlight and you can delete it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

it makes you realize that the things we have difficulty believing are due to our own limited human understanding.

So true.

Ok, so having opened that can of chimera worms, lol....any good books/videos/youtube stuff/websites on the subject? Legit, bible-based stuff, of course- goes without saying, lol.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:50 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

Ok, so having opened that can of chimera worms, lol....any good books/videos/youtube stuff/websites on the subject? Legit, bible-based stuff, of course- goes without saying, lol.

I was going to suggest Wrath of the Titans. On video, not exactly biblical. ?

Type 'chimera' in the YT search and you'll find myth and legend on chimeras.

41 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I was going to suggest Wrath of the Titans. On video, not exactly biblical. ?

Type 'chimera' in the YT search and you'll find myth and legend on chimeras.

Wrath of the Titans...isn't that the one with Harry Hamlin? lol...I think I may have already seen that a long time ago, and even the Adventures of Sinbad-I tell you, I am OLD school, lol!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 12/21/2018 at 11:46 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

I've actually been reading some things on chimeras, etc.- and some interesting thought on the antichrist and recombinant (sp? Sorryyyy) DNA-true, it's mind-boggling- in the sense that it's just so....hard to imagine things like this actually being true, but again, when reading the OT and seeing the sorts of things - and beings - that were going on at that time (reason for the Flood as an example), it stretches the mind a bit and it's no easy feat to wrap our minds around, for sure- but when we stop and think of the things that are going on around us that we cannot see, the beings who exist, etc. around us all of the time that we are unable to see with human eyes- it makes you realize that the things we have difficulty believing are due to our own limited human understanding.

Shalom, Mystic_Pizza.

Not only are we susceptible to "limited human understanding" but we also must be careful of "unbridled imaginations!" Some thoughts we are never intended to "wrap our minds around!"

11 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Wrath of the Titans...isn't that the one with Harry Hamlin? lol...I think I may have already seen that a long time ago, and even the Adventures of Sinbad-I tell you, I am OLD school, lol!

I think i'd like to develop this a bit. The OP title is Ever Notice? and that is open ended.

So....Ever Notice Chimeras?

Many times over the years I have heard people say a couple of images described by John in Rev are , "Just the best he could do when he saw things he didn't understand or modern machines for which he had no experience."

But what if that isn't true?

"Now the horses and riders in my vision looked like this: The riders had breastplates the colors of fire, sapphire, and brimstone. The heads of the horses were like the heads of lions, and out of their mouths proceeded fire, smoke, and brimstone. A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke, and brimstone that proceeded from their mouths.  For the power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; indeed, their tails were like snakes, having heads with which to inflict harm."

1) The heads of the horses were like the heads of lions

2) out of their mouths proceeded fire, smoke, and brimstone. 

3) their tails were like snakes, having heads with which to inflict harm.

What kind of modern machine could this be? None. This is a beast and is nearly the same as the myth of a chimera minus the head of a goat.

Interesting the riders are only described by the breastplates: red, yellow and blue. I've looked around for this but armies just don't wear breastplates anymore. 

Don't know what it means but it's very interesting. 

Stepping right off the cliff; are they breeding these things somewhere? Do they come from another dimension? Is a portal going to appear? Magic? 

Retrobyter, I was trying to put your quote out here the way it should be, but my computer is not being agreeable this morning, lol- so I will just do the old cut & paste!

Not only are we susceptible to "limited human understanding" but we also must be careful of "unbridled imaginations!" Some thoughts we are never intended to "wrap our minds around!" 

I agree- there are things in the OT that I have always had a difficult time 'wrapping my mind around', as it were- particularly the giants spoken of, and what the bible says about the circumstances of their conception, that they were the product of sexual relation between human women and fallen angels- and in Sodom & Gomorah (sp) with the men of the city having 'relations' with ....fallen angels? Or when they wanted Lot to send out the angels sent to him to warn him out of the city so that they 'may know them'. Or those in OT days who lived to be several hundred years old- these are all an example of things that are most definitely difficult to 'wrap our minds around', it's very difficult not to sort of look at it and say, '....noooo, can't be...'. There is a definite part of me that thinks because I'm human, with the limited mind of a human being who is not accustomed to interacting or being completely knowledgeable about things going on in the spirit world- and I think we all agree that there is most definitely a spirit world, where things go on that affect what goes on here, with all of us, we just can't see it - anyway, I see it in a way as sort of being like the way the moon interacts with the ocean and causes the tide to go in and out- funny as it sounds, I was utterly amazed when I heard that for the first time (I know, I know, lol), and I will never claim to understand it- but just because I don't understand the literal workings of it doesn't mean I don't believe it can be so, lol. The difference with that and the 'chimeras', etc. that are being talked about, is I see the tide every time I look at the ocean, and I know what's causing it. With the other business here, I've never seen it in my life- but I've read about it, I've heard about it- I agree with Diaste in explanation of the things being described in Revelation- understandable that John may have been describing something he was seeing with what he knew back in his day- but even in John's day they had carts, chariots, wheels on things to the point that if he were looking at something similar, such as a vehicle of some sort (from our day), he could at least recognize enough to say it was similar to a cart with wheels, etc. that moved a lot faster, lol.

In all honesty, I would never consider myself to be someone with 'unbridled imagination'...in fact, I go in the opposite direction, if anything- the last thing I want on this or any other forum or anything I read about future biblical prophecy, are things that become...silly, and we all know they are becoming silly, you know? Chimeras, I don't think we can honestly discount the idea completely- when you see the 'gods' in Egypt, and those types of areas, you have to wonder where they came up with some of the ideas for things such as that- maybe not fully half-animal/half-human....but we have to remember that in the OT, there is mention of men who were 'giants in those days', because they were half-human/half-angelic, due to the nature of their conception- I always wondered in a sense why the earth was destroyed in the flood, and after reading quite a bit about it, the thought that the earth was being destroyed due to this 'polluted' bloodline of mankind makes perfect sense. Of course, not knowing what is really going on in the spirit world, I can only surmise what may or may not be the cause of any given thing- but it would seem that Satan would know that a polluted human bloodline couldn't produce Jesus the Messiah.

Ok, I've gone wayyy of track here, lol- sorry all :D

Diaste, when you say 'stepping right off the cliff' up there, I'm not comparing any of us here to any prophets in the sense that any of us are claiming to be- so don't anyone say that's what I'm doing, lol - that's my disclaimer, all- haha-

ANYway....that being said....

I would imagine John on Patmos, and Daniel, just as examples- with some of the things they saw in their visions were nervous at the thought of telling others what they had seen, for fear of being percieved as...off? I don't know. Either way, what they saw was NOT normal, everyday-type things- massive sea creatures with bodies and heads of different animals don't come up out of the ocean, normally- a valley full of human bones does NOT come together and stand as a great army of skeletons. These were things that were difficult to understand, but they stood in prophetic history as something that would happen, but maybe weren't easy to understand at that time- it was like Gabriel (I think it was Gabriel) telling Daniel to 'shut up the book until the final days in history when knowledge would increase, etc' - I want to look at these things with a...sound, prayerful mind, being careful not to get caught up in the...'shock value' of any of it, because there is something here in these things that we wonder about-

Either that, or I just took a major nosedive off the cliff with ya, hahaha!