• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, Kristin said:

I’m not a new Christian. I prefer these days to refer to myself as a member of the Body of Christ. I believe Pride is perhaps the original sin. Or the sin that keeps us in bondage. Even without our realization. I suffer from what I think is depression, or should I call it disappointment, or should I call it pride being dismantled? I honestly thought my life would pan out better. Pride? I always considered myself humble, but when I honestly look at my every thing, I think I’m not being humble. I’m ungrateful and prideful. Ohhhh it makes sense now. Throw up your hands and praise our Lord!!!

And so did the greatest of preachers Charles Spurgeon the prince of pastors, he suffered depression,and doubts, disappointment  if one wishes to call it that.

He was a sinner as am I, saved totally and completely by the grace of God. It is not by any perceived perfection as a saint in Christ Jesus that I am saved, not in the least is it so. I am a sinner, much as Paul declared he was a sinner even a chief of sinners. My salvation is absolutely assured by Jesus having paid the price of all my sin past, present today, and  those of  the future should my soul not be required of me tonight.  Jesus the Lord of my shame suffered the price of all of them, all of my sin. They were paid for in full at the cross at Calvary.  From Charles Spurgeon quotes comes this ( with credit to  Drake Osborn for researching and presenting it at https://www.spurgeon.org/resource-library/blog-entries/spurgeon-for-doubting-christians): 

“I find it very convenient to come every day to Christ as a sinner – as I came at first. “You are no saint” says the devil. Well, if I am not, I am a sinner, and Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. Sink or swim, there I go – other hope I have none.” 

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you friends for all the truthful and meaningful replies. I appreciate it more than you know. I will take it all to heart and know that my Redeemer lives and has saved me from sin and eternal death. For that and much more I AM GRATEFUL. Bless us all❤️

Edited by Kristin
Mistakes
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1