Kristin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I’m not a new Christian. I prefer these days to refer to myself as a member of the Body of Christ. I believe Pride is perhaps the original sin. Or the sin that keeps us in bondage. Even without our realization. I suffer from what I think is depression, or should I call it disappointment, or should I call it pride being dismantled? I honestly thought my life would pan out better. Pride? I always considered myself humble, but when I honestly look at my every thing, I think I’m not being humble. I’m ungrateful and prideful. Ohhhh it makes sense now. Throw up your hands and praise our Lord!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

However, I will wake up tomorrow still disappointed and even shocked that my life has become so narrow. I live in a big rig truck. I miss my children! They are “grown” but this isn’t what God could have wanted for me!? Maybe I should have titled this Disappointment. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Kristin said:

I’m not a new Christian. I prefer these days to refer to myself as a member of the Body of Christ. I believe Pride is perhaps the original sin. Or the sin that keeps us in bondage. Even without our realization. I suffer from what I think is depression, or should I call it disappointment, or should I call it pride being dismantled? I honestly thought my life would pan out better. Pride? I always considered myself humble, but when I honestly look at my every thing, I think I’m not being humble. I’m ungrateful and prideful. Ohhhh it makes sense now. Throw up your hands and praise our Lord!!!

5 hours ago, Kristin said:

However, I will wake up tomorrow still disappointed and even shocked that my life has become so narrow. I live in a big rig truck. I miss my children! They are “grown” but this isn’t what God could have wanted for me!? Maybe I should have titled this Disappointment. 

I think we need to keep looking at even the little things to be grateful for....also, other wonderful things like seeing, walking and hearing.  Perhaps that will help turn your disappointment around?  I imagine you are seeing alot of our country as a trucker....that must be nice.

I am a caregiver to my 88 year old, homebound mom....so that keeps me basically homebound, too.   Plus I am a senior citizen so not able to walk very far due to a health issue currently.   No children, never married.   But still going on with the Lord's help so that is a wonderful thing.   Don't give up, think of the little things that are blessings.:heart:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

@Kristin

It matters not our position in this world. What matters is how much we are living in righteousness before God. Scripture says “whatever your hands finds to do, do with all your heart”. Scripture also says “wherever it is that God called you be satisfied with that slave or free, if you can become free use that for it is better for the slave is the Lords free man and the free man the Lords slave” what matters is living in obedience in what the Spirit of Christ in you is telling you at any givin moment of time. It may seem life is passing you by but if you are Christ’s that is a impossibility for you are Christ’s and “He will prefect that which concerns you”. So keep your eyes on Christ look not to this outward world or to your opinion of yourself but only to Christ and wherever you find yourself you will find the joy of the Lord and all outward circumstances will mean nothing. Paul missed people also and prayed that the Lord would direct there hearts  together. I too spend a long time away from my loved ones. But this is what the Lord has me doing at the present time so with all my heart I do what’s before me. I use this time to feed my personal relationship with Christ that I might be conformed to Him in all things. That He would be written in my heart that He might be read by all man I come across in my daily walk. Blessings and prayers for you. ?

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Believing that we still sin is what keeps one still in bondage. Sin resided in the law and Christ fulfilled all the requirements of the law. The law is dead through Christ and therefore sin is dead too.

Sin does not reside in God's Grace and if you choose to accept God's free gift of Grace you cannot sin and once you accept this, then you will be set free from your bondage.

And you are exactly where God wants you to be. Have faith in that and that will help you understand his plan for you.

You are the adopted child of the King of Kings and heir to all that is his. How awesome is that.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

27 minutes ago, Eyesonly said:

Believing that we still sin is what keeps one still in bondage. Sin resided in the law and Christ fulfilled all the requirements of the law. The law is dead through Christ and therefore sin is dead too.

Sin does not reside in God's Grace and if you choose to accept God's free gift of Grace you cannot sin and once you accept this, then you will be set free from your bondage.

And you are exactly where God wants you to be. Have faith in that and that will help you understand his plan for you.

You are the adopted child of the King of Kings and heir to all that is his. How awesome is that.

The thing is believing we have no power over sin , is what keeps folks in bondage to that sin .    Our faith must be in Christ and our trust in HIM.

HE said to those who believed in HIM ,   the truth shall make you free.    We should trust in His every word .   Our faith in HIM is how we overcome the evil .

But if our trust is in men , who keep saying we will always be a slave to sin ,   then our own unbelief rules us .

IF men , teachers and preachers tell their flocks or give the idea we will always be a slave to sin ,  THEN they always will be a slave to sin .

WE have to trust CHRIST and what the apostels said , who trusted in Christ .

Their approach to inquity , was LET it not ONCE be named among you .   They pointed not to their own means to attain this ,  they said , FOR IT IS HE IN YOU

Working that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .   and I think we all know SIN is not well pleasing in His sight .

IF we but teach the truth ,  folks would CRY OUT to the one who is able to deliver them from captivity .   AND HE WOULD HEAR .

Our trust , hope and faith , must be IN CHRIST .    Let no man , woman or child , DOUBT the power of the blood .   Let them receive the TRUTH

and let them be REMINDED their is a savoir in the heavens , by whose SPIRIT we are able to crucify the flesh .   POINT TO JESUS and let us expound

to all to put their trust and hope and all affections above on Him   .   To believe that the grace HE gives us IN CHRIST can truly bring every

thought even , captive to the obedience of Christ .    But if men trust not Christ , nor those apostles WHO did KNOW HIM ,  they are doomed to captivity of sin .

WE must as children TRUST IN CHRIST ,  and realize that sin will always be present in our flesh , BUT that the POWER of CHRIST is greater than our flesh .

THUS we have a way out of EVERY TEMPTATION , a way to overcome every temptation,  HIS NAME .................JESUS the FREER OF SLAVES the BREAKER OF the chains of bondage .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'm one who has growing convictions that the deeper our grasp is on the Cross and God's grace, it is the best antidote to pride, disappointment, depression, dismantlement, ungratefulness and what else did you mention? You'll wake up in the morning realizing His grace for you is not only sufficient but eternal.

THIS is absolutely True yowm .     I think you know what comes next ,  RAISE THOSE HANDS YOWM and PRAISE THE LORD . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 hours ago, Kristin said:

Yes reads like it would be most disappointing, no doubt about that.  Do you know how your adult children are doing? Perhaps as a good beginning you will be enabled by the Holy Spirit to strike up a friendship with some of the women from around the world on the woman's section ( Fellowship Hall, Lady's Lounge ). I pray that it may be so, and that it will lead to  an uplift of your spirit and maybe some others  there too.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

17 hours ago, Kristin said:

Kristin, is there some sort of trucker's Christian fellowship?  Some years back I heard something like that exited.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

15 hours ago, Debp said:

I think we need to keep looking at even the little things to be grateful for....also, other wonderful things like seeing, walking and hearing.  Perhaps that will help turn your disappointment around?  I imagine you are seeing alot of our country as a trucker....that must be nice.

I am a caregiver to my 88 year old, homebound mom....so that keeps me basically homebound, too.   Plus I am a senior citizen so not able to walk very far due to a health issue currently.   No children, never married.   But still going on with the Lord's help so that is a wonderful thing.   Don't give up, think of the little things that are blessings.:heart:

:amen:Thanks for sharing this. God bless you, sis.