HamSandwich

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Let me preface this question with the fact that I'm a believer,  100%. I'm just trying to figure out the details.  I understand that Jesus Christ conquered death which is the penalty for sin. My question is,  how is that transferable to me and my sin and you and your sin? And if he died for everyone's sin once and for all: why is it necessary to believe?  If a debt it paid,  is paid...right?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Rom 6:23 ESV  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, Eph 2:9  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

The Jews offered the blood of an innocent cute little lamb as a sacrifice for the sins of the household.  Jesus is called the Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world, because He was without sin but gave Himself to suffer and die in our place for our sin.  His blood is offered for our sin.  When you believe that He loves you and suffered for your sake He becomes your Savior.  When you in thanksgiving and rejoicing surrender to Him as God and Lord of the universe as well as your own Lord and God, and believe He arose from the dead, then He is your Lord as well.  

So it is appropriated to your own life by faith.  It is trusting in and relying on Jesus Christ's death as payment for your sin.

Romans 4.

Rom 4:3  For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."

Rom 4:4  Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

Rom 4:5  And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, Rom 4:6  just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:  Rom 4:7  "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; Rom 4:8  blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin."

Rom 4:16  That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, Rom 4:17  as it is written, "I have made you the father of many nations"—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.

Rom 4:18  In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, "So shall your offspring be." Rom 4:19  He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah's womb. Rom 4:20  No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, Rom 4:21  fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.

Rom 4:22  That is why his faith was "counted to him as righteousness." Rom 4:23  But the words "it was counted to him" were not written for his sake alone, Rom 4:24  but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, Rom 4:25  who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

God credits our account with righteousness when we believe His word and His promise like Abraham did.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, HamSandwich said:

Let me preface this question with the fact that I'm a believer,  100%. I'm just trying to figure out the details.  I understand that Jesus Christ conquered death which is the penalty for sin. My question is,  how is that transferable to me and my sin and you and your sin? And if he died for everyone's sin once and for all: why is it necessary to believe?  If a debt it paid,  is paid...right?

I could not find a Biblical verse to substantiate this , but I thought I heard somewhere that God created the universe with his little finger , but Salvation was a tough thing to do. I understand also that even the Angels can not comprehend it.Christ indeed died for all of the sins of the world.It is a gift.If I get a coupon for a free gift out of nowhere , I may not have earned it and I may not deserve it,but unless I accept it and cash in on it, it will be my loss.Nobody to blame but myself if I don’t believe I have to make some kind of response to this gift.I am not smart enough to figure out the hows and whys of God’s workings—- I am just glad He did it.Simply because He loves us.God bless.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, HamSandwich said:

Hullo HamSandwich,

The death of Christ to pay for our sins is just part of the dynamic. We can only be acceptable to God if we are holy. Belief in Christ as the One who saves us from the condemnation that sin puts us under is necessary because it brings us into relationship with Him. We abide in Him through the Holy Spirit and are therefore partakers of His holiness. This makes us acceptable to God the Father. The Gospel has four aspects, salvation, reconciliation, sanctification, and hope. The idea that undergoing a one-of ritual by repeating a liturgical prayer makes a person a Christian is a deception that leads to damnation. Faith on the otherhand leads to heaven because it is the medium or conduit through which grace flows, and grace is more than unmerited favour, being also the power of God to create spiritual life and sustain it in His flock.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

The only thing that makes us “acceptable” to God is the Shed Blood Of Christ and our faith in that Blood.Your “holiness” is laughable .God sees us as Holy in the same manner He sees us as righteous. It is imputed because of our faith in the Gospel.If you actually think you are Holy aside from the Blood Of Christ, please allow me to talk with your spouse— THEY know how “ Holy” you are.So do I.Thanks for the chuckle!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

To Whom It May Concern:

Rom 6:19  I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 
Rom 6:22  But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 
2Co 7:1  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 
Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 
1Th 3:13  To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. 
1Th 4:7  For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. 
Tit 2:3  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 
Heb 12:10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 
Heb 12:14  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: 

Joh 15:1-6
(1)  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
(2)  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
(3)  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
(4)  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
(5)  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
(6)  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/11/2018 at 12:26 AM, HamSandwich said:

The simple answer is no, debt saved for, even with the full the price of it  set aside to pay it off in full, is not a debt paid.

Debt, even when the price of it is allotted for fully, but is not paid. It is still debt. If the allotment set aside for the debt is not used, the debt is still outstanding, Foreclosure on the note when due will occur.

The full cost  of the debt may be sitting right there to be used, but if it is not recognized by the debtor even when told of the resource, and is not applied the total price of the debt will go past due.

In the case of sin the cost of it is  covered,  but if not paid even though the full price of it has been allotted for,  eternal ife with God  will be forfeited as result. All the provision has been there! It was put there by a benevolent creator. 

If the debt is left by the debtor to be forgotten, or never even acknowledged, by the debtor, though the benevolent  giver of the full amount needed to pay the debt has screamed out; Hey here, here, here, is the way out of debt, Jesus my Son has willingly paid the full price for you. Your sin cost, your debt it is paid, paid in full.  You have the resource given you use it pay off your debt. Pay it and come be with me debt free.  - With all that being the case, if all  that God has done is not acknowledged and used, then the debtor will suffer the consequence of his debt and be made to account for it in full.

Salvation is not universal, but it is universally available, - available to all those that will hear God and heed God by turning to Christ Jesus as their Lord and personal savior benefactor.

God has indeed foreknown all that will avail themselves of His benevolence. He has  predestined all that will do so,  and He has made full security for that through Jesus who loses not a one given Him by His father

Jesus is the way the truth and the life for those that believe him.

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”  Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?  Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.  Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,  even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[g] in you.

“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”  Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”  Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.  Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

“These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you.  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.  And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe.  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,  but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here."

Edited by Neighbor
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! Thank you so much.  I have wrestled with and asked that question many times and have never understood it in that way. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Yowm said:

Welcome to Worthy, HamSandwich (not sure if the Kosher brethren would agree lol).

1. It is imputed, reckoned and through the new birth we are baptised into Christ.

2. It is necessary to believe...that way we are acknowledging that He is true and we all fall short of His Righteousness.

OH yowm ,  before I even read this I was going to reply about his name .    I was like , while I eat all things ,  my jewish friends might not like this name . 

But I see you beat me to it .    AND praise the LORD for the answers of both number ONE and number TWO .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Yowm said:

Welcome to Worthy, HamSandwich (not sure if the Kosher brethren would agree lol).

1. It is imputed, reckoned and through the new birth we are baptised into Christ.

2. It is necessary to believe...that way we are acknowledging that He is true and we all fall short of His Righteousness.

Though I guess it could be worse .    Sadly many pastors and folks could go by the name LAMBsandwich , the way they try and eat up the lambs who contend for the true faith .