Facebook

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder what Worthy members think of Facebook?  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

I have found it very useful - for keeping tabs on my (adult) daughter, for keeping in touch with old friends, for arranging parties and disseminating information quickly.

Of course it has its downside. A lot depends on how you use it. But I've never regretted joining.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

8 hours ago, Kristin said:

It's like anything else that can be used for good or for evil. There is some stuff on Facebook not suitable for children and parents/guardians need to be vigilant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/11/2018 at 12:38 AM, Kristin said:

Another venue to exchange ideas (real or unreal) pretty much like everywhere else.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I agree. I have reconnected with many people who would have been lost to me otherwise. Politics get raging, but hey the secular world is political. We are also, but first and foremost we are members of the Body of Christ. Thank you all for responding ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

4 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Facebook was/is a social experiment.  They can track pretty much everything about your life, especially now, with AI.  Members tell every detail of their lives, add photos, do "check ins" when they meet up whether at a restaurant, a state park, or church.  And with smart phones/devices that go everywhere with you, now they can pretty much detect or predict your next move, even inside your own house.  No wonder they now want to read your thoughts.  Yes, that's the thing they're pushing now with "brain-to-text" technology.  Do a quick youtube search for "Facebook's text-to-speech"  or watch the title, "F8 Building 8 (mind reading technology) Regina Dugan"  ...then watch a youtube video titled, "Hands-free typing: Facebook's brain-to-text initiative."   And after you watch that, watch a youtube video titled, "Google's 'Mark of the Beast' Prophecy Fulfilled." 

I totally agree...it's all a part of "setting-the-stage" for the New World Order and having control over all mankind!  I guess that's why I've never felt right about joining it?  But I also felt strange about it, even before I knew about the NWO...perhaps I just didn't trust the site, believing that it's not as "private" as they'd like us to think it is - either way...it's just too sus for me! Just my thoughts on the matter..

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

14 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

I am not with facebook, never have been and never will be. I can't say why not, I can only say that my instincts tell me "not to have anything to do with it!"

LivingbyFaith, I have an account but I haven't been on there for over a year and half.  I always tried to do a  fasting from FB every few months.  Then I believe the Lord just had me not on there at all.  It is very invasive of privacy.  People are just not thinking.  I read an article that the FBI, and other government agencies used to have to do a lot of footwork to get info on people to do their investigations, now they don't have to.  They just go on the social media, twitter, and they can find out exactly where you are, what you are doing, what you are eating, who you are with and what you believe in.  People need to BEWARE.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

3 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

LivingbyFaith, I have an account but I haven't been on there for over a year and half.  I always tried to do a  fasting from FB every few months.  Then I believe the Lord just had me not on there at all.  It is very invasive of privacy.  People are just not thinking.  I read an article that the FBI, and other government agencies used to have to do a lot of footwork to get info on people to do their investigations, now they don't have to.  They just go on the social media, twitter, and they can find out exactly where you are, what you are doing, what you are eating, who you are with and what you believe in.  People need to BEWARE.

Amen!  Thanks sister.

• Thumbs Up 1