GhostMutt

The master's table

It seems to me that it's always an issue when non believer's question Christian's, that the Christian thinks or feels they are being mocked. But why is it ok for a Christian who's supposed to be enlightened by the truth allow themselves to return fire for fire. You say God is watching everything you do & there's a place he made apart from him for the dog's, but these Christian's have to attack back.

2 hours ago, GhostMutt said:

It seems to me that it's always an issue when non believer's question Christian's, that the Christian thinks or feels they are being mocked. But why is it ok for a Christian who's supposed to be enlightened by the truth allow themselves to return fire for fire. You say God is watching everything you do & there's a place he made apart from him for the dog's, but these Christian's have to attack back.

i am not sure it is God who made a place apart from himself for dogs . is it not rather that some people make that distinction either through false teaching , misunderstanding or bad ungodly behaviour ?

Does not Yashua/Jesus want to draw all people unto himself ? then is it not up to us to respond ?

3 hours ago, GhostMutt said:

Not all Christians believe in verbally attacking others.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Betha said:

i am not sure it is God who made a place apart from himself for dogs . is it not rather that some people make that distinction either through false teaching , misunderstanding or bad ungodly behaviour ?

Does not Yashua/Jesus want to draw all people unto himself ? then is it not up to us to respond ?

Never encountering God I wouldn't know, it's not like he's my personal adviser. Even if God was in touch with me I doubt I'd understand with my schizophrenic mind.

I'm at a serious disadvantage, I mean how can I tell which voice is Gods out of the myriad of voices I hear day 2 day.

24 minutes ago, Debp said:

Not all Christians believe in verbally attacking others.

My question is why is it happening at all, and right here on forums like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, GhostMutt said:

Never encountering God I wouldn't know, it's not like he's my personal adviser. Even if God was in touch with me I doubt I'd understand with my schizophrenic mind.

I'm at a serious disadvantage, I mean how can I tell which voice is Gods out of the myriad of voices I hear day 2 day.

I can only suggest you focus more on scripture/the word of God than giving place to worldly interests. are you willing to give up the world and its damaging influence on you ? 

13 minutes ago, GhostMutt said:

My question is why is it happening at all, and right here on forums like this.

it is happening because even forums are composed of all kinds of people who are free to voice their own opinions which are not always in line with God. 

4 minutes ago, Betha said:

I can only suggest you focus more on scripture/the word of God than giving place to worldly interests. are you willing to give up the world and its damaging influence on you ? 

Are you saying this because that's what you struggle with, and you are projecting your struggle with the world on me?

3 minutes ago, Betha said:

it is happening because even forums are composed of all kinds of people who are free to voice their own opinions which are not always in line with God. 

So in that context who's talking straight and whos talking like a snake? 

When non-believers question Christians, some see responses like these:

• "It's perfectly clear in the bible in verses XXXX."  -- No discussion, no clarification, just a reference
  • "It's perfectly clear in the bible in verses XXXX.  Why don't you understand?" -- Immediate response plus frustration / insult added
  • "That's an interesting question.  My pastor says XXX and mentions bible verse XXXX." -- Respectful, but can bring in opinion of pastor that may support various views
  • "The bible discusses XXXX in verses XXXX and XXXX.  Most conclude this supports the answer of XXXX"  -- references plus summary and conclusion
  • "Only <insert type of evil group> believe that!  You must be saved and believe just as I do because my beliefs are correct!"  -- unfortunately common emotional response

There are rational responses at times, but the unfortunately the immediate, emotional responses are more common.  It's generally not hard to tell who is responding emotionally.

• Thumbs Up 1