• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello.

What does rev 22:12 mean when Christ says he will give to everyone according to his work. Are we not in Grace without works? Thanks in advance.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Grace will bring us to heaven and the rewards are what Jesus will give us based of how we lived our life on earth,it does matter for that reason how we live,only grace and forgiveness through Jesus will give us Salvation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Eyesonly said:

Hello.

What does rev 22:12 mean when Christ says he will give to everyone according to his work. Are we not in Grace without works? Thanks in advance.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 

Salvation is assured by believing Jesus and trusting in the atonement He secured for our salvation...  But some will receive greater reward on top of that.. Think of it as icing on a cake.. Everyone that believes and trusts gets the cake but the icing on the cake depends on ones works..

Our works have nothing to do with our salvation but they will have a bearing on if we are called great in the kingdom of heaven or least..  Jesus talked on one area regarding this..

Matthew 5: KJV

19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Note that both the people mentioned here by Jesus where in the Kingdom of Heaven..  One is called Great and the other is called least but both are saved..

Below in this parable of Jesus we see the same thing in symbolic language:

Luke 19: KJV

12 "He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. {13} And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. {14} But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. {15} And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. {16} Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. {17} And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. {18} And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. {19} And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities."

So the Servant who worked more generating 10 pounds was given leadership of 10 cities in the Kingdom while the one who generated 5 pounds was given leadership over 5 cities.. Both had a place in the Kingdom but one was greater and the other one was lesser...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

John Wesley gave 90% of his income to the church.His reward in Heaven will be greater than they guy who gives 10%. “ Build up your treasure in Heaven” Jesus advised.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

John Wesley gave 90% of his income to the church.His reward in Heaven will be greater than they guy who gives 10%. “ Build up your treasure in Heaven” Jesus advised.

I am not the judge, only God does that, but I would speculate that it is not any percentage that matters. If Bill Gates gave away 99%, he would keep way more than I have made over my lifetime. Perhaps it is more related to how much of a scarifice it was (think of the widow and her to mites).

More than that though, it is also, what is in your heart when you give, what is your motivation, and were you a cheerful giver? My 2 cents (or mites)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

Guest PinkBelt
8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Mark 12:41-44

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

9 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am not the judge, only God does that, but I would speculate that it is not any percentage that matters. If Bill Gates gave away 99%, he would keep way more than I have made over my lifetime. Perhaps it is more related to how much of a scarifice it was (think of the widow and her to mites).

More than that though, it is also, what is in your heart when you give, what is your motivation, and were you a cheerful giver? My 2 cents (or mites)

Yes indeed. It is the nature of ones heart when giving. 

To give and expect nothing in return. 

Ive heard some people say since they did this or that; God will bless them. 

I dissagree.  I find that rather presumptuous and insulting to the Lord.

God tells us to not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing so that your giving is in secret and your Father will reward you.

In other words; I am saying two things. 

Dont expect God to bless you just because you have blessed others .Don't go around lauding your giving to others because youve just cut off your blessing you claim is coming to you. Youve revealed the true nature of your heart as well.

You are back at going around that mountain again until you get it! ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

and what did the church do with it.....   feed the poor, help the helpless or store it up in the basement of the Vatican….    How does doing good works translate into giving money to the church....

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, other one said:

and what did the church do with it.....   feed the poor, help the helpless or store it up in the basement of the Vatican….    How does doing good works translate into giving money to the church....

Jesus said through Paul that we are to share ALL GOOD THINGS with whoever gave us the Gospel.....Wesley founded the Methodist Church so I don’t think he gave to the Vatican.....Wh3n the money leaves your hands you have done your job and you are entitled to the promise God gave us—“give and it shall be given to you”. Some have the promise fulfilled in this lifetime , others wait until we get to the other side.If I gave my money to a place that showed themselves to be poor stewards, I’d find a place that was more responsible.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus said through Paul that we are to share ALL GOOD THINGS with whoever gave us the Gospel.....Wesley founded the Methodist Church so I don’t think he gave to the Vatican.....Wh3n the money leaves your hands you have done your job and you are entitled to the promise God gave us—“give and it shall be given to you”. Some have the promise fulfilled in this lifetime , others wait until we get to the other side.If I gave my money to a place that showed themselves to be poor stewards, I’d find a place that was more responsible.

Still don't think it's a good idea to give it all to a church.....   haven't seen one yet that didn't waste a lot of their income on stuff.   But that's just me and the way I give.....   and you can give much more than money at that.....    which Wesley kind of did in many ways.

• Thumbs Up 1