• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, Eyesonly said:

Hello.

What does rev 22:12 mean when Christ says he will give to everyone according to his work. Are we not in Grace without works? Thanks in advance.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 

The next great event is Jesus coming to get the Church called the rapture and the Wrath of God's great tribulation will begin... during that time the judgment seat of Christ will take place along with the marriage supper of the Lamb in heaven then at the end of the seven years of God's great wrath on earth we will return with our Lord for the millennial reign of Jesus... The works of each of us toward God and others are rewarded by God and those rewards will be ours to give back to Jesus as His Glory which He will in turn give unto the Father so that all may be in all...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35

10 hours ago, Betha said:

seems we will just have to disagree. 

are you of those who believe they can loose their salvation?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Betha said:

how about Eph 4v22-24....put off the old man and put on the new. in my case this seems to be taking longer as i still have some bad old habits to get rid off. i don't think the Father would like imperfect people in His Kingdom polluting His Holiness.

i see it this way, using human reproduction as an example. A Baby is physically completed in the womb BEFORE birth. So also is a child of God spiritually completed/perfected BEFORE being born of God into His Kingdom.Phil 3v21.no longer flesh and blood. that to me is 'being born again'.

hope that explains.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

1Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. a ”

4“How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit b gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You c must be born again.’8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” d

9“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?11Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. e 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, f 15that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” g

16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John Testifies Again About Jesus

22After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized. 23Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were coming and being baptized. 24(This was before John was put in prison.) 25An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan—the one you testified about—look, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.”

27To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven.28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must become greater; I must become less.” h

31The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God i gives the Spirit without limit. 35The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.John 3

8 hours ago, Betha said:

yes it seems a possibility according to Heb 6v4,5,6.

so then succinctly you are saying your salvation is by works?

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, Betha said:

No Sir...that is not what i am saying. Salvation is definitely a 'free gift.....but it is for a purpose. The parable of the POUNDS comes to mind Lk 19 - he who did nothing with the pound (salvation) even had that taken away from him.

When we have 'salvation in Christ' we are to be RE-created into a new man learning and accepting HIS ways through GOOD WORKS given by GOD Eph 2v10. 

Seems people are not being taught to discern the difference between GOD'S Works which must be done - and their own works which must be cast off. 'NO works AT ALL' seems to have gained acceptance but will lead to loss of salvation.

well all is left is to place this thought above with this verse

1 Cor 3:15-16

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
KJV

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/28/2018 at 5:06 AM, Betha said:

No Sir...that is not what i am saying. Salvation is definitely a 'free gift.....but it is for a purpose. The parable of the POUNDS comes to mind Lk 19 - he who did nothing with the pound (salvation) even had that taken away from him.

When we have 'salvation in Christ' we are to be RE-created into a new man learning and accepting HIS ways through GOOD WORKS given by GOD Eph 2v10. 

Seems people are not being taught to discern the difference between GOD'S Works which must be done - and their own works which must be cast off. 'NO works AT ALL' seems to have gained acceptance but will lead to loss of salvation.

Ephesians 2:8–9 (ESV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 5:12 (ESV)

12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned

Romans 3:24 (ESV)

24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Romans 3:20

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law  is the knowledge of sin.

Ephesians 2:8 

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Psalm 3:8 

8  Salvation belongs to the Lord;

your blessing be on your people! 

So if Salvation is a free gift, what can you add to keep it? Salvation belongs to the Lord , if you're born again you will want to do what God wants you to do out of love for Him who saved you ,do you think?

• This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, Betha said:

Breaking God's Commandments is sin 1Joh 3v4. They are spiritual, etrnal, holy just and good  Rom 7....why would they burn up ?

God only dwells in those who obey Him  Acts 5v32.

Verse 15 is saying works can be lost but that person can be saved... by the very same fire that burnt up the works...

1 Cor 3:15

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

If you are claiming sinless perfection then you need to revisit The Epistles of John...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Betha said:

Again i have to ask, is there a difference between a 'man's works' and GOD's good works ? why would God burn up HIS OWN GOOD WORKS (like so much trash ? and yet ask us to walk in it ?

I am not claiming sinless perfection in this life, but here is where we make a start....as i see scripture admonishing us. Perfection will be reached when we are born into the Kingdom of God with power by the resurrection from the dead Rom 1v4 . NOW we are still 'flesh and blood open to sin and temptation....hopefully more and more able to resist as we grow stronger in Christ !!!  Eph 4

Actually reliance of what I we have began in is not necessary moving into eternity

2 Peter 3:10-13 (KJV)

10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11Seeingthen thatall these things shall be dissolved, what manner of personsought ye to be in allholy conversation and godliness,

12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness

Notice the works there of! 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, Betha said:

Breaking God's Commandments is sin 1Joh 3v4. They are spiritual, etrnal, holy just and good  Rom 7....why would they burn up ?

God only dwells in those who obey Him  Acts 5v32.

What of the multitude of these?

Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
KJV

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 10/30/2018 at 12:50 PM, Betha said:

Again i have to ask, is there a difference between a 'man's works' and GOD's good works ? why would God burn up HIS OWN GOOD WORKS (like so much trash ? and yet ask us to walk in it ?

Quoting from just one commentary (Ellicott, if that is at all helpful:

The earth also and the works that are therein.—Equivalent to “the earth and the fulness thereof,” “works” being used in a comprehensive sense for products both of nature and art. The moral work of each individual is not meant; consequently, a reference to 1 Corinthians 3:13 is misleading. The two passages have little in common, and nothing is gained by bringing in the difficulties of the other passage here. In this passage the Apostle is stating plainly and in detail what some of the Prophets of the Old Testament had set forth in general and sometimes obscure language—that a judgment by fire is in store for the world (Isaiah 66:15-16; Isaiah 66:24; Malachi 3:1-3; Malachi 4:1).