Omegaman 3.0

Sneak preview of the topical section of the club

Below are just a few topics that are planned. I know these do not look like the Top Ten List of things Christians (and others) want to know about the Bible. That is not the point of this section.

What I have in mind, is to help us learn an overall sense of what the Bible has to say to us. Most of us do not devote the time to really study the Bible. Most of us in fact, do not likely even read the Bible on a daily basis. What this section of the club is intended to be, is the Cliff Notes™ version of theology, theology 101 so to speak.

Am I qualified to do this? Heavens no, at least not in the general sense. I have no degrees, however Christians have the Holy Spirit to guide us (though we still can make mistakes as humans), and we have an obligation to teach and learn from each other. I have been studying the Bible for about 40 years now, so it is time try to help others from my limited understanding. However, the Bible is the authority, and to the degree that you and I stick to the Bible, we shall never be wrong.

Hopefully over the coming months, this will be a cram course for those of us who cannot attend seminary (not that everything taught is seminaries is true anyway).

The topics I am going to address or start will be limited. Feel free to suggest others. I cannot promise that I will get to them any time soon, or in any particular sequence, but I will definitely take them under consideration. Do not feel any obligation to makes suggestion, and if you want to, please to not feel pressured into doing so in any particular time frame, just keep in in mind that you can suggest topics in this thread at any time in the future. I have about 100 in mind so far, and if that list does not grow too fast, I should be able to consider this my contribution over the next year.

Thank you all, and may God bless your reading, study, and contemplation of His word with understanding, conviction, and wisdom.

In no particular order, here are a few of the first planned topics:

Gods' name(s) and self description

The creation and its' implications

Understanding guilt through Biblical revelation

Knowledge through faith

The Bible as authoritative

The Holy Spirit as enlightener

Revelation in general - apart from the Bible

Understanding the Bible - Interpretation

Revelation - The Bible as the word of God

God the self-existing one

ladybows.jpg

• Loved it! 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the delays getting started on this section, but it is not forgotten, just delayed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2018 at 2:15 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Below are just a few topics that are planned. I know these do not look like the Top Ten List of things Christians (and others) want to know about the Bible. That is not the point of this section.

What I have in mind, is to help us learn an overall sense of what the Bible has to say to us. Most of us do not devote the time to really study the Bible. Most of us in fact, do not likely even read the Bible on a daily basis. What this section of the club is intended to be, is the Cliff Notes™ version of theology, theology 101 so to speak.

Am I qualified to do this? Heavens no, at least not in the general sense. I have no degrees, however Christians have the Holy Spirit to guide us (though we still can make mistakes as humans), and we have an obligation to teach and learn from each other. I have been studying the Bible for about 40 years now, so it is time try to help others from my limited understanding. However, the Bible is the authority, and to the degree that you and I stick to the Bible, we shall never be wrong.

Hopefully over the coming months, this will be a cram course for those of us who cannot attend seminary (not that everything taught is seminaries is true anyway).

The topics I am going to address or start will be limited. Feel free to suggest others. I cannot promise that I will get to them any time soon, or in any particular sequence, but I will definitely take them under consideration. Do not feel any obligation to makes suggestion, and if you want to, please to not feel pressured into doing so in any particular time frame, just keep in in mind that you can suggest topics in this thread at any time in the future. I have about 100 in mind so far, and if that list does not grow too fast, I should be able to consider this my contribution over the next year.

Thank you all, and may God bless your reading, study, and contemplation of His word with understanding, conviction, and wisdom.

In no particular order, here are a few of the first planned topics:

Gods' name(s) and self description

The creation and its' implications

Understanding guilt through Biblical revelation

Knowledge through faith

The Bible as authoritative

The Holy Spirit as enlightener

Revelation in general - apart from the Bible

Understanding the Bible - Interpretation

Revelation - The Bible as the word of God

God the self-existing one

ladybows.jpg