• Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

57 minutes ago, Peavey said:

This is Biblical:

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 15:1
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Sometimes we get a little slap happy with "greasy grace." While God keeps us by His grace, He expeects us to follow Him by obeying Him as much as we possibly can. That's all He asks and it looks as if that's what He asked of you.

You don't get saved or brought into heaven by righteous works. It's the blood of Jesus only. We are sactified by the holy spirit we are given when we trust in jesus. So after we have already received the promises we can be formed into his image bit by bit. Yes in our sactification we follow Jesus commandments but that does not earn the promises we already have.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I wanted to add this about sin.

1 John 5:18

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

1 John

Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Hebrews 12:14

14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Hebrews 10, 26-27

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

1 corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Thessalonians 4:7-8

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Matthew 13:41-43

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Matthew 13:49-50

49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

1 corinthians 15:34

34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.

2 thessalonians 1:8-9

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Edited by mynickname
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/13/2018 at 3:33 PM, mynickname said:

He told me to obey Him. He said obey My teachings and obey Me, do everything I tell you and you will live. He told me i must stay with Him and obey Him until the end.

The question is ; 

I asked Jesus what I must do to go into Heaven. 

I am not sure that anyone of the Jews or not Jews or even his disciples asked Jesus -during his earthly journey-this direct question, and that must makes us wonder as to why? 

On the other hand Jesus said many things on his own time, suggesting to his audience that's where he will go- without telling them how and when -time wise- and at the same time also he suggested that he is not going to be the only one, but that his audience also will go to Heaven and he will be instrumental in that to happen. 

I have this scripture in mind- and I am not going ahead to the disciples teachings yet-,

In my Father's house there many mansions, and I am going there ahead of you and that I will prepared a place for you, so where I am you will also be...

Again he did not make it clear how that will Happen. 

Another time he said I am the Door to Heaven, no one can go there unless I open the door to Heaven by been the first to go there,  and then you will follow: 

Jesus also said: I am the Way the Truth and the Life, no one goes to the Father except by me. 

He also said "I am the Life and the Resuraction, if one believes in me he has the Life and the resuraction, he never dies..

That time no one asked "how to go to Heaven". 

Even the Roman jailer he did not asked Paul that question, he asked "how to be Saved",

This was the message "how to be Saved". 

Paul said believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to be Saved from the place of Hades where you were going and go to Heaven...to the new inheritance for mankind...with Jesus. 

Going back to your question to Jesus, we can see that he never answer your question , he did not tell you what to do to go to Haeven and he did not tell you -I take this from your post- how to be Saved-, 

His answer was a reasponce to a question of "how to live in the eternal life". 

Why he did not directly answer your question and he did not even tell you how to be Saved or asked you to believe? 

-because yoy were Saved allready-

Because you said I was with Jesus and I asked him this question..

That tells us that you asked the question as a believer and as a Saved person, -Saved from Hell- at that time of your life, at the moment you asked the question...

But then he said, if that has to do something with all of us who believe

But will you be found with faith at the time when the last Trumpet sound for you, at the moment of your last breath...

If you do, then you are going to Heaven. 

That means that not only you believe at some time in your life, but you must continued to believe till the end, in any case one must be found with faith with their last breath...

But even thought there is hope till the last breath, do not potpond to believe till the last momment of ones life for many reasons...even for the reason that we do not when that time make come for some of us.

Jesus taulk to you the same way he taulk to the disciples when he said to them "I am the vine and you are the branches.....

He did say to them that time how to have the ETERNAL LIFE-or how to be saved- OR HOW TO MANTAIN THE ETERNAL LIFE , or how to avoid of going to Hell, or their state of being saved...

He told them how to abide in his missions he is going to sent them, and how to say and followed him in the way they preached the Gospel and how and to whom. 

One of this example is with Philip, who followed the Lord to the dessert and he did what the Lord Jesus told him-to give the Gospel to the Ethiopian, something they did not do at that time, a procilite, or maybe they did. 

And Phillip beared fruit, not only the Saving of the Ethiopian-a Eunuch- but those who would believe from the Ethiopian, as the scriptures were foretold that the Eunuch will have Children and will rejoiced...

And then Phillip followed the Lord Jesus on the prohibited Place to Samaritans, AMEN...

The same thing  happened with Peter when the Lord send him to the Cornelius family....he also abide in the vine and brought forth a lot of fruit, the Salvation of the Gentiles the Romans and the Greeks, strait from the Idols to Jesus Christ....

Now if Peter insisted to cleanced them from the Idols according to their customs even thought Jesus told him that they are cleansed in his doing, that all the world is cleansed in the New Way, just called the Gentiles to faith as they are, asked them to believe as they are...

Peter would have disobeyed Jesus he would have greaved the Holy Spirit...

He is not going to Hell because he did things his way, he did not denied God to believe Jesus Christ, only he did things his way , not the way the vine asked him , to take the things from the vine and give them to the Gentiles...to feed the Gentiles what the vine was asking...

The same thing if he did not tell the Paralytic at the gate of the Temple...

"Get up and walk" when that what the vine was asking the brunch to do...Peter if he shyed away and he did not followed the vine, does not mean he is going to Hell, or his is not usefull to Jesus AMEN...

the vine asked them-commanded them- to go to the Temple when they had told them not to speak about Jesus there and they obeyed the command of the vine...

We learned from the disciples that God honor and gave Jesus the Heaven as his inheritance and not only for him but also for all who believe in him.

In Ephesians Paul emphasised that when we believe we are sitted in Heavenly places together with Jesus, this is our place while we wait our time to be departed from this earth , in an another simply way to die...when the time comes...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

You don't get saved or brought into heaven by righteous works. It's the blood of Jesus only. We are sactified by the holy spirit we are given when we trust in jesus. So after we have already received the promises we can be formed into his image bit by bit. Yes in our sactification we follow Jesus commandments but that does not earn the promises we already have. 

I don't think anyone opposes this. You are not saved by your works, but we must always remember that "faith without works is dead" (James 2:20)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The question is ; 

I asked Jesus what I must do to go into Heaven. 

I am not sure that anyone of the Jews or not Jews or even his disciples asked Jesus -during his earthly journey-this direct question, and that must makes us wonder as to why? 

On the other hand Jesus said many things on his own time, suggesting to his audience that's where he will go- without telling them how and when -time wise- and at the same time also he suggested that he is not going to be the only one, but that his audience also will go to Heaven and he will be instrumental in that to happen. 

I have this scripture in mind- and I am not going ahead to the disciples teachings yet-,

In my Father's house there many mansions, and I am going there ahead of you and that I will prepared a place for you, so where I am you will also be...

Again he did not make it clear how that will Happen. 

Another time he said I am the Door to Heaven, no one can go there unless I open the door to Heaven by been the first to go there,  and then you will follow: 

Jesus also said: I am the Way the Truth and the Life, no one goes to the Father except by me. 

He also said "I am the Life and the Resuraction, if one believes in me he has the Life and the resuraction, he never dies..

That time no one asked "how to go to Heaven". 

Even the Roman jailer he did not asked Paul that question, he asked "how to be Saved",

This was the message "how to be Saved". 

Paul said believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to be Saved from the place of Hades where you were going and go to Heaven...to the new inheritance for mankind...with Jesus. 

Going back to your question to Jesus, we can see that he never answer your question , he did not tell you what to do to go to Haeven and he did not tell you -I take this from your post- how to be Saved-, 

His answer was a reasponce to a question of "how to live in the eternal life". 

Why he did not directly answer your question and he did not even tell you how to be Saved or asked you to believe? 

-because yoy were Saved allready-

Because you said I was with Jesus and I asked him this question..

That tells us that you asked the question as a believer and as a Saved person, -Saved from Hell- at that time of your life, at the moment you asked the question...

But then he said, if that has to do something with all of us who believe

But will you be found with faith at the time when the last Trumpet sound for you, at the moment of your last breath...

If you do, then you are going to Heaven. 

That means that not only you believe at some time in your life, but you must continued to believe till the end, in any case one must be found with faith with their last breath...

But even thought there is hope till the last breath, do not potpond to believe till the last momment of ones life for many reasons...even for the reason that we do not when that time make come for some of us.

Jesus taulk to you the same way he taulk to the disciples when he said to them "I am the vine and you are the branches.....

He did say to them that time how to have the ETERNAL LIFE-or how to be saved- OR HOW TO MANTAIN THE ETERNAL LIFE , or how to avoid of going to Hell, or their state of being saved...

He told them how to abide in his missions he is going to sent them, and how to say and followed him in the way they preached the Gospel and how and to whom. 

One of this example is with Philip, who followed the Lord to the dessert and he did what the Lord Jesus told him-to give the Gospel to the Ethiopian, something they did not do at that time, a procilite, or maybe they did. 

And Phillip beared fruit, not only the Saving of the Ethiopian-a Eunuch- but those who would believe from the Ethiopian, as the scriptures were foretold that the Eunuch will have Children and will rejoiced...

And then Phillip followed the Lord Jesus on the prohibited Place to Samaritans, AMEN...

The same thing  happened with Peter when the Lord send him to the Cornelius family....he also abide in the vine and brought forth a lot of fruit, the Salvation of the Gentiles the Romans and the Greeks, strait from the Idols to Jesus Christ....

Now if Peter insisted to cleanced them from the Idols according to their customs even thought Jesus told him that they are cleansed in his doing, that all the world is cleansed in the New Way, just called the Gentiles to faith as they are, asked them to believe as they are...

Peter would have disobeyed Jesus he would have greaved the Holy Spirit...

He is not going to Hell because he did things his way, he did not denied God to believe Jesus Christ, only he did things his way , not the way the vine asked him , to take the things from the vine and give them to the Gentiles...to feed the Gentiles what the vine was asking...

The same thing if he did not tell the Paralytic at the gate of the Temple...

"Get up and walk" when that what the vine was asking the brunch to do...Peter if he shyed away and he did not followed the vine, does not mean he is going to Hell, or his is not usefull to Jesus AMEN...

the vine asked them-commanded them- to go to the Temple when they had told them not to speak about Jesus there and they obeyed the command of the vine...

We learned from the disciples that God honor and gave Jesus the Heaven as his inheritance and not only for him but also for all who believe in him.

In Ephesians Paul emphasised that when we believe we are sitted in Heavenly places together with Jesus, this is our place while we wait our time to be departed from this earth , in an another simply way to die...when the time comes...

The question is ; 

I asked Jesus what I must do to go into Heaven. 

The rich young ruler asked..... “ Good teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” That was pretty direct.I think we all know the rest of the story.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The question is ; 

I asked Jesus what I must do to go into Heaven. 

The rich young ruler asked..... “ Good teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” That was pretty direct.I think we all know the rest of the story.

God made Abraham a Patriarch and set him apart from the rest of the world and took a people for him self..

And we have two people in the world the Gentiles and the the twelve trives all the descendants of Abraham. 

We understand that the Gentiles were first, and they were the only people. 

Before Abraham we only had Gentiles...

God took a Gentile Man Abraham and we know how he approach him and gave him righteousness by faith and eventualy the sircumsision. 

And only to him and to Isaac, and from Isaac to Jacob and all his house...

The twelve trives...

So this is the question...

What happened to the Gentiles when they died? 

And with the New Man on earth , Abraham, 

What happened to him when he died? 

If we know what happened to him when he died or where did he go when he died, then we will know where Isaac and jacob went , because as the seed of Abraham they went where he was...

As they said they were gather to his Bossom. 

God seperated in this world from the rest of the people on earth. 

They were the people of God, and they could not mix with the other people while they lived so they could not mix with the rest of the people the Gentiles after they died...

So whether they lived or died they were seperated from the Gentiles.

Tjis could happened because God gave Abraham a seperated place after death , his own cor him and his offsprings. 

When we study the Law of Moses we see that the hope for a Heavenly Inheritance was not part of the Law, Abraham did not ascended into Heavens and they as the seed of Abraham they had to descend to be with Abraham. 

Now this reach man as a seed of Abraham he only had the hope as a right to go to be with Abraham, so he will never ask the question to Jesus "how can I go to Heaven", or what can I di to go to Heaven", 

And if we read the events we will see that he did not asked this question not even suggested that with his question, because he never had this hope for that..

He said addressing Jesus and he did not address him like the blind man Bartholomew address him: "Jesus Son of David", with recognition that he believed that Jesus was the CHRIST the Messiah. 

He only shaw Jesus as a good Man , a Rabbi, or something else, he did not confess faith in him as the Messiah. 

That's why Jesus confronded him, " why you call me a good man", but he still he did not reply like" you are the promish one the Christ, that he believed that Jesus was the Messiah",

I do not know if he had this faith in him, but he was afraid to confess him in puplic because of the Jews...

Any way tge point he was making was pertaining to having the favor of God, the prosperity of God in his life....

And that what the obedience and love for God was in the Mosaic Law atracted the promishes of God upon this man and his house hold...

The "eternal Life -to inherit the eternal life" in the Mosaic Law was the windows of prosperity of Heaven, the blessings of God and not his rath were pour in favor upon this individual...

This had nothing to do with the " Eternal Life ", in the New Testiment that is a gift by faith in Jesus Christ, and that took place after the Cross. 

As Jesus said; 

I am the Eternal Life and the resuraction...

Anyone who believes in me has the ETERNAL LIFE and the Resurection. 

This is because Jesus is our Patriarc. (as Abraham was to his seed) and by faith we are the seed of Jesus Christ and and such we are heirs of his Eternal Life and the Resuraction...

Being the seed of Jesus Christ it means that we have his Eternal Life, and as long as he has the ETERNAL LIFE, so we also, even when we sin we still have the ETERNAL LIFE, we never spiritually die. 

We remain in the ETERNAL LIFE. 

The wages of sin is not death in the ETERNAL LIFE of Jesus CHRIST.

O death where is your sting....

Guest shiloh357
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, mynickname said:

I don't willfully sin anymore. And i've seen other people who stopped willfully sining. So it is possible to stop willfully sinning. With Jesus everything is possible, He saves from sin, He sets a person free.

All sins are willful.  Sin doesn't exist in separate categories of willful and non-willful.  All sin is willful disobedience.  If you have sinned at all, it was willful.

He told me to obey Him. He said obey My teachings and obey Me, do everything I tell you and you will live. He told me i must stay with Him and obey Him until the end.

That was not Jesus.  We are not saved by obeying Jesus.  We are saved in order to obey Jesus.   Whatever it was that told you that you have to obey Jesus to go to Heaven, it wasn't Jesus, but rather a lying spirit.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

47 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

All sins are willful.  Sin doesn't exist in separate categories of willful and non-willful.  All sin is willful disobedience.  If you have sinned at all, it was willful.

That was not Jesus.  We are not saved by obeying Jesus.  We are saved in order to obey Jesus.   Whatever it was that told you that you have to obey Jesus to go to Heaven, it wasn't Jesus, but rather a lying spirit.

Why does it give so many the heebeejeebees whenever obedience is mentioned?  Jesus Himself obeyed the Father and told us if we love Him we will keep His commandments.....which are engraved on our hearts through His Spirit of those who know Him.  It is the flesh that wants to be contrary to the Spirit within us.  The OP was for sure hearing from the Lord.....what he/she heard is completely in keeping with Christ Jesus.

Isa 55:3

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Rom 13:8-10

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus did not come giving us another set of laws to fulfill….He came showing us a more excellent Way (of life).  That Way of life is a law of love.  He didn’t give us a set of comprehensive detailed rules to obey by our own righteousness and self-effort..…. but what He did was to give examples showing what it means to walk in love and walk by faith.  Do not commit adultery, do not divorce your spouse, forgive your enemies, turn the other cheek, etc….because to do otherwise is not love or mercy.  Do not worry about your life, what you will wear, what you will eat, do not store up for yourselves on earth….these are not rules/laws per se, but examples of how to walk by faith.  And if we LOVE Him, we will endeavour and learn to live accordingly (by denying self) and to obey His voice….if He indicates that we are not to move to a certain place, or work in a certain place, or marry a certain person, then we obey Him out of love for Him.........and sometimes He helps us resist the temptation to disobey with a healthy dose of fear, out of love for us, because it means life for us when we put God before ourselves and our own wants and wishes and tendencies which are contrary to the Spirit of Life.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Amen!

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Why does it give so many the heebeejeebees whenever obedience is mentioned? 

I didn't say anything against obedience.  I said that obedience is the result of salvation, not the cause of it.  We do not obey to get saved; we obey because  we are saved.

The OP was for sure hearing from the Lord.....what he/she heard is completely in keeping with Christ Jesus.

No, the  OP was not hearing from the Lord, but from a lying spirit.  Salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ alone apart from any works of any kind.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say anything against obedience.  I said that obedience is the result of salvation, not the cause of it.  We do not obey to get saved; we obey because  we are saved.

No, the  OP was not hearing from the Lord, but from a lying spirit.  Salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ alone apart from any works of any kind.

Gal 6:8

Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Rom 6:22

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

What the OP heard from the Lord is in complete agreement with scripture.