IGNORED

I asked Jesus what must i do to go into heaven

mynickname

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Gal 6:8

Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Rom 6:22

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

What the OP heard from the Lord is in complete agreement with scripture.

Wrong.  Neither of those verses state that we are saved by works.    You and the OP are promoting false teaching from a lying spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Wrong.  Neither of those verses state that we are saved by works.    You and the OP are promoting false teaching from a lying spirit.

Here James is rightly dividing the truth for us:

Jas 2:21-26

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The question is ; 

I asked Jesus what I must do to go into Heaven. 

I am not sure that anyone of the Jews or not Jews or even his disciples asked Jesus -during his earthly journey-this direct question, and that must makes us wonder as to why? 

The rich young ruler asked..... “ Good teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” That was pretty direct.I think we all know the rest of the story.

The Jews had a concept that the Messiah will not died and will rain as the King of the Jews on earth forever...

In this concept "to inherit eternal life", is for those Jews who will not die and will rain forever on earth together with the Christ.

They did not understand that Christ will have to die first and raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven and recieve Heaven as his inheritance for him and for those who believe in him.

This rich man did not understand that Christ will inherit Heaven and for that matter he did not have Heaven in his mind when asked this question.

Even the disciples at that time did not have the Heavenly consept clear in their mind. 

They kept asking Jesus who will be next to him, with the consept of his right hand in his rain as the King of the Jews here on earth...

Later they found out that is none of them that the Kingdom and the Throne is a Heavenly one, as per the prophesies and the vision of David and Stephen before he died. 

And that the helper of Christ is God's Holy Spirit to do his work here on earth for Jesus Christ...

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Why does it give so many the heebeejeebees whenever obedience is mentioned?  Jesus Himself obeyed the Father and told us if we love Him we will keep His commandments.....which are engraved on our hearts through His Spirit of those who know Him.  It is the flesh that wants to be contrary to the Spirit within us.  The OP was for sure hearing from the Lord.....what he/she heard is completely in keeping with Christ Jesus.

Isa 55:3

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Rom 13:8-10

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus did not come giving us another set of laws to fulfill….He came showing us a more excellent Way (of life).  That Way of life is a law of love.  He didn’t give us a set of comprehensive detailed rules to obey by our own righteousness and self-effort..…. but what He did was to give examples showing what it means to walk in love and walk by faith.  Do not commit adultery, do not divorce your spouse, forgive your enemies, turn the other cheek, etc….because to do otherwise is not love or mercy.  Do not worry about your life, what you will wear, what you will eat, do not store up for yourselves on earth….these are not rules/laws per se, but examples of how to walk by faith.  And if we LOVE Him, we will endeavour and learn to live accordingly (by denying self) and to obey His voice….if He indicates that we are not to move to a certain place, or work in a certain place, or marry a certain person, then we obey Him out of love for Him.........and sometimes He helps us resist the temptation to disobey with a healthy dose of fear, out of love for us, because it means life for us when we put God before ourselves and our own wants and wishes and tendencies which are contrary to the Spirit of Life.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Amen!

The motivation behind works is the key.

Simply: we work because it is the leading of the spirit. Work is residue of sactification. Ie Evidence  of a converted heart.

We dont work to be saved. We work because we are saved.

The author of this Op heard from a lying spirit that came as light. 

Truth twisted is a wicked lie. 

On 10/13/2018 at 10:21 PM, Peavey said:

This is Biblical:

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 15:1
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Sometimes we get a little slap happy with "greasy grace." While God keeps us by His grace, He expeects us to follow Him by obeying Him as much as we possibly can. That's all He asks and it looks as if that's what He asked of you.

Sometimes we get bogged down with working to be saved. Paul asked the foolish galations " who has bewitched you?!" Gal 3:1-2

I think a baby believer asked Jesus a ? And the enemy answered with a half truth.

Satan doesnt change his strategy with new babes in Christ! He always tries to get a believer working for his salvation. By grace; the Lord leads him out of the lie one way or the other. Ie his word, the body of Christ, 

We know he heard a lie by testing the spirit. 

Striving to be righteous for the right reasons is the key.

You cannot please the Lord without the faith of a child. 

We work because we are saved and the spirit led us to it. The spirit indwelling works through us.

We do not work to be saved. 

There is a vast difference in  the two types of  works.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Here James is rightly dividing the truth for us:

Jas 2:21-26

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Except that James wasn't talking about justification before God.   James is not a treatise on salvation.   James is using the word justification differently than Paul does in Rom. 3:28.   

James is talking about our works justifying (in the sense of affirming) our profession of faith.  Our works justify our claim that we are followers of Jesus.  Faith is always justified by corresponding action.   This about the affirmation of believers, not how we are saved.

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Except that James wasn't talking about justification before God.   James is not a treatise on salvation.   James is using the word justification differently than Paul does in Rom. 3:28.   

James is talking about our works justifying (in the sense of affirming) our profession of faith.  Our works justify our claim that we are followers of Jesus.  Faith is always justified by corresponding action.   This about the affirmation of believers, not how we are saved.

I agree. Evidence confirms it does not justify.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

On 10/13/2018 at 10:21 PM, Peavey said:

This is Biblical:

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 15:1
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Sometimes we get a little slap happy with "greasy grace." While God keeps us by His grace, He expeects us to follow Him by obeying Him as much as we possibly can. That's all He asks and it looks as if that's what He asked of you.

Anybody today, in this Age of Grace, if they want to do what Jesus said will follow Paul.....those are our latest marching orders— Follow Paul as he follows Christ.Jesus told Paul to tell us how to be saved.Believe Jesus died for your sins and believe He rose from the dead. 1Cor15:1-4. Believe it and don’t add to it lest you be “ accursed”.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

It's funny how people assume  someone is talking about salvation by works just because they are agreeing with obedience.  It's not an either/or kind of thing.  Obedience doesn't contradict salvation by faith, and salvation by faith doesn't contradict obedience.  The word of God is clear....if you sow to the flesh you will reap destruction and if you keep on wilfully sinning after coming to a knowledge of the truth, there is NO.  MORE.  SACRIFICE.  FOR SINS.  Not me saying this...it's scripture.......SO just obey the Lord and sow to the Spirit then.  Your choice.  End of argument.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

Obedience is great —- just as long as one realizes it does not save.Believe the Gospel.Get the Holy Spirit in you and you will “ find” yourself becoming more obedient.God gets all the credit that way .