IGNORED

I asked Jesus what must i do to go into heaven

mynickname

23 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

A person in this thread has clearly taught that there are two different gospels.  That there is not a literal Hell.  That the only sin a person should repent of is "unbelief." 

You are clearly having a hard time understanding what I have been saying. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

No what you try to spread are false teachings that are heresies, some worse then others,  some I find to be abominable lies, that are very offensive.  Your views need to be exposed for the harmful tripe that they are, &  not white washed and airbrushed as acceptable .  2 Tim 3:13 False teachings are a deception, they should not be welcomed but reproved. The Bible identifies wolves will enter the church, the deceived and deceiving,  those that corrupt the authentic Christian teachings which inject extra-biblical ideas add confusion and can cause believers that are not well instructed  to stumble. To attempt to market heresies  as acceptable is always the way that the corruption spreads.  It's why abortion is now acceptable by many by marketing it  as a woman's right , &  it's why sexual sin is now being protected & encouraged and taught as natural  in schools. 

YES .    What badajo don't realize is how angry God gets .   DID HE NOT tell one church IF YOU WILL NOT WATCH then I will come on you as a thief .    WE SUPPOSED

to be awaiting the COMING of OUR LORD .      Did paul not go after a couple for teaching the resurrection IS PAST already and overthrew the faith of some .

YET badjoa claims JESUS already CAME .       YEAH,    YOU BETTER fully believe he is in grave danger .  HE keeps rejecting things JESUS said and his preterist like ideals

are abominable .     Hims in big danger .   But he only digs in deeper and his neck only gets harder .      NOT GOOD according to proverbs .  NOT GOOD at all . 

1 minute ago, Davida said:

You continue to attempt to pull the wool over people's eyes or  to candy coat it,  but you preach a false gospel 

The gospel that saves us today is the same "good news" that has existed since creation. Faith + 0 = Salvation

This is the gospel. 

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.  (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)(Acts 16:31)

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

& multiple heresies.

According to you. Not every believer has the same point of view and history shows that just about every theology that has ever existed has been considered heresy by the Church at one point or another. At least I'm willing to admit that I'm not perfect and don't have it all figured out. I would never call another believer a heretic because they view non salvation issue different than I do.  

22 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

The fact that churches today still teach a works salvation proves that there were two messages. Where would they get that idea from to begin with if there wasn't? And why is it so hard to believe that there wouldn't be a specific message sent to the Jews and another to the gentiles? After all, the Jews had always been held to a different standard than the rest of the world and were the only people that had a covenant with God.

After spending most of two years of nothing but Bible reading and ministry after coming to Christ, taking the Bible at face value makes more sense to me. To believe the way I do nothing has to be added and no explanations as to why we would still be waiting on Christ's return 2,000 years later are needed. I can see and feel His presence around me and see His work being done in the world, so I believe His return was always meant to be spiritual.  

Repentance from unbelief is required for salvation and once we are born again the repentance from our sins continues. Only instead of us working on our own and trying to do it our self, it is Christ in us that makes it possible. 

I see nowhere in scripture that would lead me to believe that the Bible is the word of God. 

With respect to our salvation none of the above issues matter. It does matter how we believe though because it has a direct affect on how we view the world and our relationships with others. If we believe that the end is near and the world is getting worse as a result, then we are going to have a pessimistic attitude and not be able to live the life God want's us to live for Him in the here and now. We don't need to put our hope in future events, because our hope is found in Jesus Christ. Whether He returned in 70 AD or He doesn't return for another 2,000 years it matters not because we are in Christ today and our eternal life began the day we were saved.

After spending most of two years of nothing but Bible reading and ministry after coming to Christ, taking the Bible at face value makes more sense to me. To believe the way I do nothing has to be added and no explanations as to why we would still be waiting on Christ's return 2,000 years later are needed. I can see and feel His presence around me and see His work being done in the world, so I believe His return was always meant to be spiritual. 

TRY telling that to PUAL who was SPIRITUAL . YET SPOKE of HIS COMING as FUTURE .    KADOW badjoa loses yet another round .    WHAT ,   not much to say now eh.

PAUL ALREADY WAS BORN AGAIN and SPIRIT FILLED , and yet he too spoke of the coming of CHRIST as future .  SO THEN HOW could it only be spiritual .  

UNLESS you think none of the apostels had the SPIRIT .    KADOW , badjoa ,  ITS TIME TO WAKE up and fast .   

Just now, Badjao33 said:

This is a lie. 

In this manner pray ye .  OUR FATHER who are in heaven ................YEAH .  WHO SIAD THOSE WORDS and who today says they are not for us .   YEAH , you keep denying Christ .

You do it often .   

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

In this manner pray ye .  OUR FATHER who are in heaven ................YEAH .  WHO SIAD THOSE WORDS and who today says they are not for us .   YEAH , you keep denying Christ .

You do it often .   

Believe what you want. 

I don't have to justify myself in your eyes, God knows my heart.

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So you confront false teaching by tip-toeing around it and playing nice?  Is that how the Apostles dealt with false teaching?  They always confronted it directly and called it exactly what it was.  They didn't say make the Snowflakes feel good and don't hurt their feelings.

If the apostle Paul who was a heretic in his religious culture, spend time chasing down the Jewish leaders to pick on them, very little evangelism and chruch building would have taken place.

I will say it to you as I am saying to others, get on the topic (the topic is not heresy) or keep silent, and find a thread where the topic IS heresy!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

It is extremely disappointing to me to see the mods  try  to legitimize False Teachings in an effort to play it down, to make it more acceptable or to normalize them & then criticize those that point them out- rightly calling it a heresy.  It is disturbing and seems extremely ecumenical of them which raises a flag to me.  

Well Davida, perhaps pay a bit more attention to what was said, and what was not said. Since you quoted me when you wrote the above, i assume it is a reference to what I said.

I was talking about the tendency for some to call others, heretics, specifically in this case with regard to preterism. I did not legitimize  preterism, never said one word about it being a legitimate understanding. I never said it should be considered normal. I also said nothing about ecumenism, not a word, but on that topic, is there one specific denomination that is okay, but all the rest false? There are probably false teachings in every denomination, are they all heretics? Do you hold yourself to have perfect, flawless doctrine? If not, drop the facade of spiritual perfection and superior nderstanding.

The ugly thing I notice, is that there seems to be a self appointed task force, a Clique here, who sees it as their duty to criticize others, whom they follow around from thread to thread, I suppose to protect the rest of us from doctrines they do not like.

There is such a thing as apologetics, which is about defending the gospel, the hope that we have. That does not imply that we go around attacking others, who have beliefs that have nothing to do with salvation. We are saved by faith in Jesus, not by worrying about WHEN He will or did return. THAT He will return, is more important, but preterists are not lost by believing preterism.

Allow me to suggest, that this thread has a topic. The topic is not another user, not you, nor I, nor preterism. Get back on track with the topic, of take you comments to a thread where they legitimately belong, and stop diverting threads to some other agenda.

By the way, you also said:

Seems to me, it is Biblically correct to be calling these false teachings and heresy according to the dictionary.

heresy

[her-uh-see]

1 .  opinion or doctrine at variance with the orthodox or accepted doctrine, especially of a church or religious system.

2. the maintaining of such an opinion or doctrine.

3.  any belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established orthodox doctrine

Really, you got that definition out of the Bible, did you? I must have missed that passage. I have to wonder, if you believe that definition, do you call those who believe in Darbyism, that is to say the notion of dispensationalism and the pre-tribulation rapture, heretics? When Darby proposed that, it was new stuff, not taught in the Bible, nor among the church fathers, nor in Romans Catholic theology, not Orthodox theology, not among the protestant reformers, etc. If you believe the definition you posted, then all those people are heretics.

I do not consider them heretics, because eschatology is (though important) not critical to saving faith nor to right living in God's will.

So, how about you drop the topic, and get back ON topic?

Oh, and I am sorry that you are extremely disappointed!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

8 minutes ago, Davida said:

Not even comparable.  Have you bothered to read 37 pages in this thread & the multitude of heresies that have been posted? 

No, I have not. If you see a heresy, there is a report function, and we can deal with that as appropriate, but here again, your post is off topic. Three strikes and you are out!

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1