IGNORED

I asked Jesus what must i do to go into heaven

mynickname

15 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

If this is your benchmark for heresy, then not only me, but everyone posting in this thread is a heretic. Orthodox Christianity pretty much teaches that the kingdom of Christ is now eternal in the believers and that glory of the believers shall be manifested after the resurrection. They don't believe in any of the end times things that American evangelicals believe. 

These are just a couple of examples, but you will not find any of the early Church fathers agreeing to what is preached today in America about the end times. 

The End of Time Is Probably Not What You Think
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2017/08/01/end-time-probably-not-think/

On the Fearful Day of the Lord and the Future Judgment
http://sgpm.goarch.org/Monastery/?p=46

No, really, everything you guys are saying I once believed. I gave my life to Christ by accepting Him at a Baptist crusade. Attended Baptist churches, sometimes Pentecostal if the girl I was dating at the time was part of that crowd, Methodist church sometimes because that's where my Father eventually ended up and that's what I eventually classified myself as. I believed in the exact same end times theology you do today. I was a strong supporter of Israel and even had a pen holder on my desk with an American and Israeli flag sticking out on it. I have some pictures of me at my desk back in the states. I'll have to post one if I ever get back that way to prove it. I even had the same political views and I'm still a registered Republican and used to be a member of the Rockingham County Tea Party Association in my home state. We didn't used to be that much different. 

The problem is that you were an uncoverted cultural pew warming christian! The writeup on you on that site I posted on another thread stated you had said you were still living living like the world. What you did is put down everything biblical you were taught as if that was the culprit of your unconverted heart! Your loving your sin was the problem and not the teaching you received. 

Now you have embraced radical teachings instead of that which does come from the Holy Spirit!!.

You are under a delusion now but a difderent delusion than when you were in bible belt. The sad thing is that both roads lead to destruction! You were never saved in the bible belt so how could you possibly have really SEEN OR HEARD.?? You are judging from a fallacious viewpoint. 

It doesnt even make sense to marry ' all things taught then have to be false because I was living like the world' . Why cant you see your flawed reasoning? You are in grave danger. You don't understand much of the word in its real context . 

It seems to me that you have demonized what was taught when you were in bible belt because you were never converted!! It is a flawed hypothesis from the pit if hell!! 

The truth of the matter us this: The bible belt is full of cultural christians who never truly repented unto salvation. Their lack of being redeemed has nothing to do with what is taught in the steeple! They live like the world have no fruit of evidence of conversion.

This seems to me to be a lack if taking responsibility and accountability on your part! It is far easier to shift blame and I believe that unclean spirit travels with the unclean spirit that  has taken you captive in most of your blasphemous false teaching!  

I am very concerned for you. I really sincerely am concerned that you are in grave danger!  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

The problem is that you were an uncoverted cultural pew warming christian! The writeup on you on that site I posted on another thread stated you had said you were still living living like the world. What you did is put down everything biblical you were taught as if that was the culprit of your unconverted heart! Your loving your sin was the problem and not the teaching you received. 

Now you have embraced radical teachings instead of that which does come from the Holy Spirit!!.

You are under a delusion now but a difderent delusion than when you were in bible belt. The sad thing is that both roads lead to destruction! You were never saved in the bible belt so how could you possibly have really SEEN OR HEARD.?? You are judging from a fallacious viewpoint. 

It doesnt even make sense to marry ' all things taught then have to be false because I was living like the world' . Why cant you see your flawed reasoning? You are in grave danger. You don't understand much of the word in its real context . 

It seems to me that you have demonized what was taught when you were in bible belt because you were never converted!! It is a flawed hypothesis from the pit if hell!! 

The truth of the matter us this: The bible belt is full of cultural christians who never truly repented unto salvation. Their lack of being redeemed has nothing to do with what is taught in the steeple! They live like the world have no fruit of evidence of conversion.

This seems to me to be a lack if taking responsibility and accountability on your part! It is far easier to shift blame and I believe that unclean spirit travels with the unclean spirit that  has taken you captive in most of your blasphemous false teaching!  

I am very concerned for you. I really sincerely am concerned that you are in grave danger!  

Sister the rain has folks worried . SO here I am .     Many do this sister .  many .   They can spot flaws , but due to the LOG still in their eye they cannot discern the WHOLE TRUTH.

Like brian McLaren for example .    He spoke out against the prosperity gospel , WHICH is false ,  HOWEVER look at all the evil that man himself teaches and does .

They are like men with logs trying to pull specks out of eyes and yet both are blind and will trade one incorrect way in for another incorrect way .

I see this all the time . I see it in many examples .     Like certain systems that had come out from even Rome , YET still has romes teachings in them .

Or as in these cases , they can see some of the error that was in the cultural church ,   But cannot perceive that not only can they not see their own

they become even worse than the system they came out of .  They teach even worse heresays .  LIKE brian McLaren for example .   He is worse than even the prosperity

churches he spoke out against .   And they bad .    Its like seven more spirits more wicked than even the first came and took up residence in McLaren.

NOW ,  you KNOW why I am using brian mclarens name .  for two reasons , ONE IS its a good example to show how simple this can happen.  The other is

because if even a mod supports certain teachings ......................well YOU GET THE POINT . 

Now that this has been debated to the point of exhausting ,    I SAY ITS HIGH TIME FOR ALL WHO LOVE THE LORD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH , TO JUST PRAISE THE LORD .

We did what we could .   We warned as we should ,  we played a tune but some did not dance , and we wept as well, but some did not cry .

For I am fully persuaded that no matter how well the song is piped ,    ONLY THE SHEEP WILL HEAR AND DANCE ,  ONLY the children of wisdom will rejoice in HIS WISDOM .

for the children of this world , seem ever so wise in their own eyes and ever so clever in their own minds .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

1 minute ago, 1sheep said:

Sadly, it is not a lie!

YES , VERY SADLY .    

Their is never joy in watching one self destruct . YET   THEIR IS ALWAYS JOY in seeing folks walking as they ought IN CHRIST .

11 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

and here I thought I was pretty clear,  guess not. I do not need to control the conversation, I "need' the people in it, to control themselves, and follow the terms of service they agreed to, and to just stay on topic. If the want to discuss why they think that preterism is false, the are free to do so, in a thread about preterism. In fact, if they cannot find one, they are free to start on of their own.

Whatever that is supposed to mean, I have no clue. Who exactly you perceive yourself to be to say such things, is also unclear. I agree that there is one gospel, and preterism or denying it, is not the gospel. All scripture is God breathed, but not all interpretations of it are. Sure, there will be a second coming, and a millenial Kingdom, as far as I know, all of the moderators hold that position, so I am not sure why you even bring that up.

I am also, not sure why you say I unabashedly slam the pre-trib position. I do however, hold to the Historic Pre-millenial view of the church, that is true, and that position does hold that there is a second coming, after the tribulation, just as Jesus and the epistles teach, and the church held for 1800 years, (even longer) since it was not until the introduction of the Scofield Reference Bible into U.S. seminaries, that  dispensationalism and a pre-trib rapture even became popular. Preiviously, it was all but unheard of. Those seminarians eventually became pastor/teachers in the churches of America, and it grew from there. To be honest though, eschatology was not that common of a topic to that point. You speak of pet theories, well, those were just the pet theories of Cyrus Scofield, in other words, the teach of a man (not the Bible) as commentary in the Bible that bore his name.

That is not really the job of moderators. That is why this is a discussion forum, others are able to chime in a refute other on topics. This is not a club for those who hold only specific views, where discussion is silenced for those who do not comform. It certainly is not a club, where the moderators are here to silence those who do not agree with Sojourner414, but fell free to present honest and respectful debate, IN THE APPROPRIATE thread, this is not it. Seriously, this should not be difficult to understand.

I do not have an issue, with those who care to voice those things, or even Roman Catholicism, even Mormonism, Islam, Jehovah's witnesses, Atheism, the occult, etc, as long as it is honest, not attempting to convert others to false beliefs. This is, after all a discussion forum, not a church. It is proper, to speak the truth, even though some will not hear it, many will not like it. 

However, what is our (moderators) job, is to maintain so sort of order, which is difficult when people insist on changing the topic of a thread, midstream, to suit their own agendas. When people post things (like even the post to which I am now responding) it takes us off task, and we cannot minister to those who need it. Those who refuse to accept some direction, and discuss things where they belong, are working against the ministry, and are not being helpful at all.

7th Day Adventists, at least affirm the virgin birth, Jesus sinless life, His death on the cross for the forgiveness of sins, His bodily resurrection. How much fuss you I make about that? I don't speak much to the mid-trib rapture, other than to say, that I do not see it in scripture. Why would I speak against the post-trib position, that is what Jesus and the Epistles, and almost the whole church has taught, so I will not apologize for not speaking against them, what would I say?

I am well aware that your pet doctrine is a pre-trib rapture Sojourner. I do not hold that you are a heretic, just because you cannot demonstrate it from the "whole word of God". You are free to state that position here on the forums, we even have a thread for that in particular. This, is not the thread though.

Somewhat, yes. The vacillating I did, was in an effort to restore order to the thread. It has a purpose in keeping with what this forum is for, polite and orderly discussion of topics in thread about that the topic. I suppose I could just, instead of allowing of topic posts to remain where they can still be read, I could just have deleted those posts. That is a lot of work, but does nothing to cure the problem, it only removes the symptom.

Yes, I have allowed you to draw me off topic also, and I think it would not be fair, not to respond to your detailed, thought out and well written post. It is for for your benefit, and those who read this thread, to understand what the problem is, and how to avoid it in the future. Stay on topic, and things are smooth. Need to comment off topic, then to it where your comment is on topic. Very easy, no muss, not fuss, no drama.

You seem to assume that I am not aware of Grant Jeffrey, t would be mistaken, or Ephraim's sermon. I am also aware of the problems in what Mr. Jeffrey claims about it. You seem to have failed to notice, that I did not say that Darby invented the pre-trib rapture, I just said that it was his writings and preaching, that ultimately led to it becoming popular. Perhaps read what i actually say, not what you think I might mean.

I did not say that there was no one that believed in a pre-trib rapture. If you will recall, I was only mentioned it in this thread, not because of it as a topic, but because it demonstrates what can and cannot be considered a heresy, if you use orthodoxy as the standard by which heresy is determined. I could have done the same with what was actually declared the Arminian heresy, of those who rejected "Calvinism" (those that was not even a term at the time probably).

Since you decided to bring it up again, still off topic, I said the the pre-trib rapture was not the teaching of widespread beleive of the church before Darby, and that was true. On guy here or there, who are not speakers for the church nor even well known theologians, are not evidence to the contrary, in fact, the are proof that they are the exceptions to what is 'normal'.

By the way, if was not Mary MacDonald, it was Margaret MacDonald. For what it is worth, I never said that she was a source of the pre-trib rapture theory. When I read her vision/dream, I did not even see a pre-trib rapture in it, so that would be silly of me to suggest otherwise. Just maybe, I have done more actual research than you give me credit for. They only way anyone even knows about Grant and his "uncovering" is if they go to pre-trib biased websites or other sources, or sources that quote them. People who spend time reading Rapture Ready or other such sites, are what, doing actual research? ;) 

Hardly! What this document proves is that one guy in the early church believed in the pre-trib rapture theory, IF his writing was even correctly translated.

Well, I am sure of my own position. That is to say, I know what my position is. That is of course, different that knowing that my position is correct. Since you added thoughts I never said, it is apparent that you are not familiar with my position, or you would not have (more or less) misrepresented it. Mind you, I know you would not do that intentionally, people get caught up in the momentum of their passion. If you had not passion about it, I would have less respect for you response. I am glad that you care about these things, and take the time to defend those who you believe to be in the right.

You would not be the first to have suggested that I should step down as a moderator. I am a temporary feature here, George can ask me to go anytime, and God can make certain that I do, whenever He chooses. Since I am still here, for now, I am inclined to assume, that I am supposed to be here. Get back to me, if/when you have any actual evidence of my wrong doing, or conduct, or mistakes, that would suggest that I ought to take my leave of Worthy, just do not do it in this thread, as again, I am NOT the topic.

Good bye for now!

Not all views in eschatology are created equal.

Preterism stands on its own and yes; it is heresy! 

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YES , VERY SADLY .    

Their is never joy in watching one self destruct . YET   THEIR IS ALWAYS JOY in seeing folks walking as they ought IN CHRIST .

Which is why the "clique" that walks the halls of worthy continue to do as they do! Boldly defend the faith and rebuke the false teaching with ferver!!! Worship the Lord in spirit and truth!' 

Let the word of God be true and every man a liar!  

The word if God never returns void! 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

There are multiple reports on this thread.  So I'm locking it until a Mod can review it.  40 pages is like 600 posts and I don't have the time to review the thread and clean it up.

• George locked this topic