mynickname

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

He told me to obey Him. He said obey My teachings and obey Me, do everything I tell you and you will live. He told me i must stay with Him and obey Him until the end.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34

14 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It is important, to obey Him, that is what Christians do by virtue of their new nature, when He gives them His Holy Spirit. However, it is not the obedience that gets you into heaven, you cannot live sinlessly, and sinless perfection is what is required for heaven.

God brings His children to heaven, but virtue of the new birth that He performs. When you believe by faith in Him, in Jesus, and in Jesus resurrection from the dead, you are born again, and this, not of yourself, it is the gift of God, by grace, through faith.

THEN you will live a victorious life. It will not be sinless, but you will sin less. You will hate your sins, and try hard to not repeat them. You will be sorry, and confess those sins, and those sins will be forgiven you.

The born again person (a true follower of Christ) enters eventually into Heaven, because Jesus took that persons' sins upon Himself, and Jesus gave His righteousness to His followers. Henceforth, the enter into Heaven, perfect, because the righteousness of Jesus, as been credited to their account.

It is not us, it is all Him. It is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

I don't willfully sin anymore. And i've seen other people who stopped willfully sining. So it is possible to stop willfully sinning. With Jesus everything is possible, He saves from sin, He sets a person free.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,536
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"I asked Jesus what must i do to go into heaven"

What prompted you to ask Jesus this question?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, mynickname said:

I don't willfully sin anymore. And i've seen other people who stopped willfully sining. So it is possible to stop willfully sinning. With Jesus everything is possible, He saves from sin, He sets a person free.

We are born sinners. That taint is imperfection. Imperfection, keeps us out of Heaven. I do not even know what you mean by willful sinning. You say you no longer willfully sin, that is great, but do I read between the lines, that you still sin un-willfully? With regard to entrance into heaven, what the OP was addressing, there is one way to get to Heaven, you must be sin free, willful or not, is irrelevant. I use the analogy of a gallon of pure white paint. Add just one drop of black paint in the the white paint, and it is no longer pure white. It is tainted, and is not, some shade of gray.

Using that those shade of gray as illustration of our sin. None pf us are pure black, no one is totally evil, without a trace of good. We are all some shade of gray, we are all sinners and none of us will ever get into heaven in that condition. We get into heaven, by being perfect, and that is not something we can do.

That puts us into a desperate condition, that we cannot change. Romans 3:

10 as it is written, “THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; 11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
            THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; 13 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS;
            THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”

Since there is not even one, that means there are no exceptions, none righteous, and no one will enter heaven, we are ALL lost . . . 

UNLESS . . .

if only there were someone who could cleanse of our unrighteousness, someone who could wash away our sins, and make us white again.

The prophet Isaiah, anticipated that this would come to pass:

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

The writer of Hebrews informs us

And according to the Law, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

The Bible, from beginning to end, Genesis to Revelation, reveal the cure for our predicament, that one day, the Messiah would come, and shed His own blood, as a sacrifice for the sins of many, that Messiah was (and is) Jesus.

The blood of Jesus washes away the sins of believers so that they will enter heaven. It is impossible for us to earn entrance, it is not even possible that we will truly seek God, unless He does that work in us. Those who think they can get there on their own, are tragically deceived, and are also robbing God of the glory that is due only to Him.

So, back to "willful" sinning. What other kind do you do? Does someone else force you to sin? If you lie, cheat, steal, curse, are are angry without cause, if you do not seek God with all of your heart, etc. whose decisions are those, if not your own? Sin originates inside us, before we even act, we have already sinned in our hearts. It is the heart, that God looks at, so even if we live perfect lives (we don't) we still sin in our hearts, and deserve Hell.

That is a tough message, a hard pill to swallow, and we do not like it, but that is the truth. For those who believe though, there is this (1 Cor 10:13):

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

That is great. That tells us that indeed, we do not have to act out the sins we are tempted to do, but, the truth is we do. That promise though, helps us identify the fact that when we sin, we chose to, for God has given us the ability to resist temptation.

The great news though, the gospel, is that Christ died for us to guarantee that true believers, those who place their trust in Him as their savior, and live with Him as the Lord of their lived, those, He has purchased their entrance into heaven. Not by our works, but by His work.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

and in verse 10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

It's always a lack of faith when we sin. But we can walk by faith little by little. If we sin and we do we can confess it. God will open his arms to fellowship with us again. But no matter what sin can not unbirn us if we were born again. Our new nature will itself make us unhappy till we turn and confess. To go to heaven just trust in Jesus only.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45

6 hours ago, mynickname said:

He told me to obey Him. He said obey My teachings and obey Me, do everything I tell you and you will live. He told me i must stay with Him and obey Him until the end.

This is Biblical:

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 15:1
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Sometimes we get a little slap happy with "greasy grace." While God keeps us by His grace, He expeects us to follow Him by obeying Him as much as we possibly can. That's all He asks and it looks as if that's what He asked of you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

The disciples asked, what is the will of the Father.....Jesus could have said “ always do your best to be obedient ,or refrain from willful sins or do your best to keep the commandments , or just do the best you can.What did Jesus say in response to the will of God—- BELIEVE in the ONE that HE sent.Christ Shed His Blood to pay for all the things we cant do.Like conquering willful sinning(ALL sinning is willful) Going for anything other than the Blood Of Christ for your salvation will damn you.Believe 1cor15:1-4 and that ALONE for your salvation.Faith plus nothing.