IGNORED

I asked Jesus what must i do to go into heaven

mynickname

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

yes, the heresy of Preterism that Badjao espouses tries to make Jesus second coming a "symbolic" fulfillment of prophecy.

It's a spiritual fulfillment and it's real. There's nothing symbolic about it. There are outward and visible manifestations of Christ all around us. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Badjao33 said:

It's a spiritual fulfillment and it's real. There's nothing symbolic about it. There are outward and visible manifestations of Christ all around us. 

And you don't see the devil working?

22 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am sad you didnt reflect and notice the first part of my post to you, which I have quoted again, and focused on civility or your perceived lack of it.

I am sitting at my desk working on other things and at the same time trying to field multiple comments where my posts are being quoted. I promise I didn't intentionally miss something you wrote. I respond to what I can and I sometimes overlook what may be important. I apologize for that. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Jesus has not returned yet.  Prophecy is never  "spiritually" fulfilled.   When Jesus returns, it will be a bodily return and that is what the Bible says.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Davida said:

This seems worse then Preterism , his prior false teaching statements:  "the only repentance people need to do is the repentance of "unbelief" ......Jesus in you repents of your other sins..... and THE LORD'S PRAYER is only FOR the JEWS, there are Two gospels - one for the Jews and one for the Gentiles, and about Zionism- GOD does not want the Jews to have that land.  Jesus returned in 70AD. "  I'm probably missing a few.  

Yeah, Preterism is just one part of that growing list of false teachings.

Just now, maryjayne said:

nope, not got a clue what this means.

Do you not feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life or see the works of grace taking place in your church and through other believers? 

11 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I mean, what you mean, in your context and faith system. I dont understand your beliefs or where and how you got there, and why you stick to them in the face of all contrary scripture and reasoning.

The reason I can't be swayed is because I believed like Davida, Shiloh, Frienduff, etc, for most of my life. Had I been on this forum ten years ago I would be right there with them calling out anyone who taught otherwise. I don't look at the scriptures the same way I did back then. Before I was going by what I was taught, but now I go by what I have learned. What most here believe and what I used to believe myself is a relatively new theology that has it's origins in the United States. If you travel to the Middle East where Christianity started, very few Christians believe what American and some western Christians believe. It's like night and day concerning Israel and the end times. It's the same here in southeast Asia. The only churches preaching western end times theology are those that have been planted by western missionaries that believe that way. I was born into that theology, and if that is what you are always taught from a young age, that's what you're going to believe. Just because we have been taught something all our lives, doesn't necessarily make it true. Now am I saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong? No. I'm just sharing what I believe and what the scriptures say to me. In my heart I don't believe I'm wrong, but I'm not going to tell someone that I'm right and they're not. If anyone ever says that are 100% correct on how things are going to play out in the future, they are deceiving themselves. I will be the first to admit that I don't. This is why I wrote earlier in this thread that no one should believe what I say or anyone else on a Christian forum without checking the scriptures on their own. It's quite possible that both sides are off and the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two. I continue to read the Bible every day and I have not stopped learning, but I can say for certain that I will never go back to following the American end times theology that has existed for less than 200 years. God didn't revel something new to a Christian in America 1,800 years after Christ said "It's finished." That fact alone should be a red flag. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

yes, the heresy of Preterism that Badjao espouses tries to make Jesus second coming a "symbolic" fulfillment of prophecy.

You sure use the word "heresy" easily. When a belief goes against the grain of those who consider themselves the experts or definers of what is orthodox, it is called heresy by them. Prime examples of heresy then would be Paul, and even Jesus. The word is emotionally charged, and sounds evil, but what Jesus and Paul taught, was not heresy, well maybe it was, since it goes against the established norm.

However, that is not the same as false teaching. Heresy is about opinions, it is basically a function of democracy it a religion. Numbers might give us the ability to call something heretical, but false teaching is measurable, useful, and can be examined in the light of facts and evidence.

Even false teaching is a bit emotionally charged, is is accusatory. Maybe it might be better, to sound more rational, and just try to say things, like:

"I do not believer preterism is wrong, because . . . "

Too often what I see in these forums, is that the attitude is like "false doctrines and heresy, are anything that goes against what I believe".

The result of that is, that event the apostles, or the protestant reformers, etc. can be labels as heretics. If that is a fair, then it is also fair to say that those who are dispensationalist, and pre-trib rapturerists, etc. are heretic, since they went (and still do) against the majority of teaching and belief for 1800 years of more of church history.

Of course, past beliefs and majorities, do not make something true or false, but what has God said in His word, now THAT is a good standard.

What does preterism have to do with what mynickname must do, to get into heaven?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You sure use the word "heresy" easily. When a belief goes against the grain of those who consider themselves the experts of definers of what is orthodox, it is called heresy by them. Prime examples of heresy then would be Paul, and even Jesus. The word is emotionally charged, and sounds evil, but what Jesus and Paul taught, was not heresy, well maybe it was, since it goes against the established norm.

Actually, when someone says that the Bible contains two separate contradictory Gospels, one teaching salvation by works (taught by Jesus) and a contradictory Gospel that teaches salvation apart from works, then yes, that is heresy.   To say that Jesus taught salvation works and that baptism was necessary for salvation, that is simply heretical to the core.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, when someone says that the Bible contains two separate contradictory Gospels, one teaching salvation by works (taught by Jesus) and a contradictory Gospel that teaches salvation apart from works, then yes, that is heresy.   To say that Jesus taught salvation works and that baptism was necessary for salvation, that is simply heretical to the core.  

Well, that is different, is it not, than declaring preterism a heresy?