ocd and almost losing my husband

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

hi its been a long time since  i have been here  i have OCD and other mental health problems ... my head gets so confused some time ...been looking at a islamic forum i use to be a very long time ago  for some reason i wasnt thinking ...i am saved but my ocd kinda makes me look at other faiths voices also do it as well 

i feel like am a  big phoney and failure   almost lost my husband over it  he was so mad at me my pastor also knows  and has been very supportive  my mental health is so bad that they have increased my meds twice this month    i dont want to go to hell ...

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

The important thing is you realize the other things were wrong like checking out other faiths.   Now realize your forgiveness and cleansing through Christ....1 John 1:9 is a good verse for you.  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

• Loved it! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, Abby-Joy said:

Hello Ella, I'd like to say that your best weapon against intrusive thoughts is the Word of God.  Immerse yourself in truth.  I've had these battles as well, although not diagnosed as "OCD."  I've had to cling to the Word of God and trust God would keep me.... and He has.  The battle lessens over time, with consistency in the Word. 

John 17:17, Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” 

I have intrusive thughts as well. ? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Intrusive thoughts can come from several different origins....   some from the Holy Spirit, some from demonic spirits, some from yourself and if you've been exposed to mind control God only knows....    one has to be careful how to handle them....   It gets easier to know the more you know Gods word....  that intrusive thought will never go against Gods word....

Personally I had to start reminding the entities responsible for a good part of my intrusive thoughts where they were headed for eternity....   at first it made them mad but after a while they started just leaving me alone....   and they very seldom bother me now.

If one has been traumatized in mind control it's a whole different ball game and it is so complex that it has to be sorted out individually...

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/13/2018 at 12:46 PM, Ella said:

hi its been a long time since  i have been here  i have OCD and other mental health problems ... my head gets so confused some time ...been looking at a islamic forum i use to be a very long time ago  for some reason i wasnt thinking ...i am saved but my ocd kinda makes me look at other faiths voices also do it as well 

i feel like am a  big phoney and failure   almost lost my husband over it  he was so mad at me my pastor also knows  and has been very supportive  my mental health is so bad that they have increased my meds twice this month    i dont want to go to hell ...

You say that you do not want to go to hell. Perhaps you should open up your feelings to God. Tell Him exactly how you feel. God knows your mental illness better than you do. He loves you.