Sign in to follow this  
Happy Girl

Jesus as my best friend

Hi, welcome!  Always remember the story of The Prodigal Son that Jesus told....how the father welcomed back the repentant son.  It's a picture of how the Father welcomes us back when we sin.  Of course, we shouldn't continue in sin but seek to walk with Jesus in our daily lives, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

God will always welcome us back if we truly fall on our faces before Him and acknowledge that we are lost and heading for hell, and want to come back.   I surrendered my whole life to Him and He took me back.  Now He is both my best friend and my Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome aboard, Happy Girl! Nice to meet you.

You’ve already got some good answers. Yes, our God’s love is unconditional and He came to save us all from the eternal death. Be assured that He’ll be glad to accept you as His daughter. It’s my prayer that He will draw you closer to Himself and guide you in His ways. Stay strong in Him. Hugs!

• Thumbs Up 2

217516815_graffiti-creator-poster-welcome-to-worthy-christian-forums(1).jpg.9adbd145d728caea0aba4b7299871967.jpg Happy Girl:36:

On 10/14/2018 at 2:03 AM, Happy Girl said:

I have gone so far away from Jesus . Will He still accept me as his daughter?

(KJV)1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, cameron02 said:

hi, i have a really time surrendering my life to God. Any tips?

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
Pro 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 
(KJV)

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome Happy Girl,

As all the people already wrote, when we choose God, he will take us with him, cause he is a good Father and he is more than happy when one of his son that was lost decide to follow him again, cause he wants to share with us what TRUE JOY is like. 

• John 15:11 [Jesus, to his disciples] – “I have said these things to you so that my JOY (χαρα) may be in you, and that your JOY (χαρα) may be complete”.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome Happy Girl.  I believe our dear brothers and sisters have adequately answered your question, but want to add this:  Repent and turn to the Lord, casting all your anxieties upon Him.  Jesus loves you, and His sacrifice on Calvary is the greatest gift mankind will ever receive.  Honour Him by putting Him first in your life.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:05 PM, cameron02 said:

Hi cameron02

Welcome to Worthy.

I found that repentance really is the key.  We must understand what Jesus did for us on the cross.  We must see that our sin nailed Him to the cross.  No one could ever, ever have paid a higher price for your life than our Wonderful Lord did.  We come to Jesus as we are, but His righteousness demands change in our lives that reflects His Holy calling.  Ask the Lord for a revelation of the cross.

To both of you:

What I have said does not describe the conviction I feel in my life that I must (and deeply desire to) serve this amazing God to the utmost.  It is only in dying to ourselves that we realise His wondrous work in our lives.   Think about what He has done.  He deserves nothing less but our complete adoration and surrender to Him.

Edited by SisterActs2
spelling correction
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

On 10/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, cameron02 said:

Hi cameron02, welcome to Worthy!  Ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit who will empower you and equip you to live for Jesus!  Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened unto you.  Matthew 7:7  Have a blessed day! :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Maeroj
      My eight year old son keeps asking to visit a friend whom I've been attempting to contact for a couple years now each time he asks to see them. The mother is a fun-loving Christian(as far as I know) who used to have him over for sleepovers with her son who is a few years older than mine. He's always asking to visit the mother though. She was always the cool mom/babysitter. I miss her as well. But since I last contacted her I learned her teenaged girl has become transgender. My son used to see her daughter every Sunday at our old church and she used to help with the kids often. I'm not ready to talk to my homeschooled 8 year old about LGBQT.... anything yet. It's hard enough going into the birds and the bees as it is (though we've had many age appropriate ones as my husband and I see fit). But her daughter looks very different and calls herself a different name. How do I explain that his friend insists on being called a different gender and name without totally confusing him?
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Sense God’s Peace

To peace as my mind’s chatter becomes numb.
      … From dumb ones’ mindless matters.
      It is all up to He to set my brain free-
      Becoming less flesh; naughty body!
      God’s Spirit breaks free past chains misery,
      Drowning in sorrow, sin pained.
      Let me again pray for you, friend,
      Replacing my rant on the mend.
      In the Lord I place you to soothe stress gone through.
      Now on this new page I will write
      Christ answers for you.
      He’s how I got through
      Healed, restored full; reborn new.
      I thought that you knew [all
      In the mind true]
      Whom
      Calms stormy seas. He
      Makes us all be
      Still, sensed God’s Word peacefully.

~ Sense God’s Peace ~ 2018 ~ Gregory KJ Brumwell

11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice!  Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you. 

~ 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)

19 lines #MindOfGod #JesusChrist #Sin #Peace
    • By Alylovesall
      When I'm lonely I always go to God! But as a human we need other humans to interact with. I come from a background where I was shut off from the real word! Now I'm trying to become a better person but I find it a little bit displeasing! Why do I say that? Because I feel like I have no "friends" and I especially have no one to talk to! Right now the only person I can talk to is in jail(my boyfriend). And I just feel like I'm becoming worse everyday! When I get angry (which is everyday ) I use the tongue of the devil! I just want to overcome this and know where and how to start ! Any and every advice is welcomed, I really appreciate it. 
    • By Cathy Ann
      Family has been on my heart in a big way lately.  I have observed that there are many perspectives on family and I believe that each opinion is based on an individual experience and expectations. When I think about a family I think about a place where one is nurtured and taught, a safe a, a place filled with love, peace, patience, acceptance. A place where one is accepted as is and encouraged to be all that God has ordained them to be.  This is some of the characteristics that should be manifested in the atmosphere of the family. This is the thing, we the people of God are responsible for developing and demonstrating this type of atmosphere regardless of our shortcomings. The good news is you don't have to do it alone. God will help you every step of the way.  He is the family expert.
    • By reanna graham
      Hi,
      so I really came here because I have a friend in need. I am Christian and so is he, we are friends. He got involved with a 'christian' woman in another state, and when she visited briefly, they got a little too close. It was not her first time, and even though he made that mistake when young he said he never would but did. as a matter of fact, when she visited that time she wanted to stay by him and he insisted he help her stay elsewhere.
      whatever the case was the end result was she got pregnant. his friends knowing him, and his renewed faith, and the fact that the woman briefly visited and seemed to have in a way influenced him (to me it takes two to tangle, he could have stood his ground stronger) insisted to him she was pregnant before and just tried to get him to take the bait to marry her
      he became very confused, repentant, everything. she said they should get married but with his friends in his ear, he was afraid to marry her and realise it was not his. he also was afraid to tell her his doubts, or anythng about a paternity test to not sour their relationship.
      their relationship turned terrible anyway, she baically began demanding he marry her before her stomach shows (she is a long-time and prominent member in her church) and this made him not want to marry her, he wants to get married for love. she turned ugly.
      the end story, they welcomed a beautiful child and the mother disappears on him all the time! she moved once did not give a number, contact anything. he had to go to the state and ask around. she never tries to contact him. he tries to see his baby on skype and she only gave him this opportunity on father's day.
      at this moment, he is back in the mother's state looking for them because she dropped off the face of the earth again. he has been there all week. nothing. he blames hiself for his disobedience, which truthfully you cannot remove the consequence of sin (as seen with David) but the penants through Christ Jesus. I can only pray. It's like his heart breaks over and over again looking for his child. he does not want to bring in police, however this week he did contact a lawyer there. knowing it is hard to get custody rights because the baby has been with the mother at the start, and they are in different states, he sought visitation rights. the lawyers said they may have to find and supoena her.
      sigh... It just breaks my heart to see the state he is in, and the child is now a little over one year old, I can't imagine what later heart breaks would bring. I've been praying, with tears, but ... I just feel like I can do more. Prayer is powerful and sufficient, but then to call and hear his state.. I just want to do more, pray something specific, give him kind words, give him songs. is there anyone willing to give advice on this?