Truly hearing the holy spirits voice

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am going through a troubling time in life.  I had a traumatic experience in April, in which I ‘thought’ the Holy Sprit told me to kill myself, because I was becoming more and more reprobate everyday, and only heaping up punishment.  Now I know do not kill is a command, but this was something I bore witness to, and have prayed about for a year and a half, and still bear witness to this experience.  Now I struggle with mental illness, but I beat witness that this is more of a spiritual issue.  I’ve been to so many shrinks that shrug this off.  

I was just praying to the Holy Spirit and I did my best not to harden my heart and ‘force a voice of my own, and as I softened me heart each time the Holy Spirit said something like..’why didn’t you do it yet’?  I know 100 rationally this sounds like demons but I TRULY BEAR WITNESS to this voice with an inner knowing, deep down inside, that it is God!  

Please leave this question here and take it seriously because I am struggling very much with this.  I want mature Christians to answer this.  God bless.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/14/2018 at 6:46 PM, Alex44 said:

I am going through a troubling time in life.  I had a traumatic experience in April, in which I ‘thought’ the Holy Sprit told me to kill myself, because I was becoming more and more reprobate everyday, and only heaping up punishment.  Now I know do not kill is a command, but this was something I bore witness to, and have prayed about for a year and a half, and still bear witness to this experience.  Now I struggle with mental illness, but I beat witness that this is more of a spiritual issue.  I’ve been to so many shrinks that shrug this off.  

I was just praying to the Holy Spirit and I did my best not to harden my heart and ‘force a voice of my own, and as I softened me heart each time the Holy Spirit said something like..’why didn’t you do it yet’?  I know 100 rationally this sounds like demons but I TRULY BEAR WITNESS to this voice with an inner knowing, deep down inside, that it is God!  

Please leave this question here and take it seriously because I am struggling very much with this.  I want mature Christians to answer this.  God bless.

Hi Alex, this chronologically mature Christian reads in your post  terms of Christianity. The terms; reprobate, heaping up punishment, bore witness to, harden my heart, I soften my heart, sounds like demons, TRULY BEAR WITNESS, all without ever getting to the way of repentance and the gift of God which is freedom from the guilt of sin, all sin, past, present, and future, never to be brought up again. It is forgiven. Your eternity with God is secure. 

The moment you first heard and accepted the gospel of Jesus along with your response with your individual confession to God of your repentance from sin against God the victory over all your sin, all of it, has already been paid for fully by Jesus at the cross at Calvary. Your punishment has already been served. It cannot be heaped up against you. It will not stand, it is washed away already. God has already paid for and applied  His very personal very real sacrifical payment for your sin.

God the Holy Spirit will not tell you to kill yourself for heaping up  punishment due yourself for your sin.  You simply cannot heap up sin any higher than God has already fully completely and forever washed away in the shed blood of Jesus. God sees you clean, unblemished, perfect, washed white as the new snow is white. You are pure in God's sight and therefore fully acceptable to God the Father; all by the shed blood of Jesus, as made kown to you by God the Holy Spirit  when you were first called to your repaentance and you accepted the mercy of God. The Lordship  over you by Jesus who prays for you to His Father as He also prays for me and every saint is unshakeable.  The accuser satan with his minions/demons may accuse all they want there is nothing for you to further account for, Jesus has already  paid in his own blood, sacrificing that which is perfect, Himself, in place of that which is flawed , you and I plus all the saints given Him by His Father so that the flawed may be found to be perfect in God's sight forever.

God the Father has foreknown you. God the Father has predestined you. God the Father has given you to Jesus who is God the Son. Jesus is your shepherd. Jesus is the good shepherd, He loses not a one of those given Him by His father. Not a one.

God the Holy Spirit is not a liar that will tell you you have heaped up punishment upon yourself and therefore must kill yourself. That  is a lie. It is a lie born of the little antichrists that are among us even today.

Tell that messenger in the name of your Lord and savior Jesus to return to his father satan in defeat for you are a saint in Christ Jesus saved by the grace and mercy of God made perfect in the washing away of all your blemishes by the shed bloof of Jesus and that you have already heard the true message of the Holy Spirit and have turned to  Jesus accepting Him as your Lord and savior, that you are secure in Him against all evil. And then just praise the Lord Jesus,  praise the Father, praise the Holy Spirit! Then by God's grace and mercy may you have nothing to do with that messenger of satan's lie ever again.