• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1983

I was raised around Jehovah’s Witnesses, got baptized then disfellowshipped so I have always believed that I was going to be resurrected onto a paradise earth up until the disfellowshipping and now even so many years after. Why don’t Christians talk about the restored earth? Isa 45:18, ps 104:5. Wouldn’t it make sense that God fully intends to fulfill his primary purpose which was to create the world into a paradise? 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/03/1983

Yes exactly. Gods purpose for this earth has yet to be fulfilled.   Even when Jesus resurrected Lazarus he was showing what will be done on a massive scale, at least as far as the scriptures make sense to me. I never have found hope in heaven I’ve always wanted to be here surrounded by my family and friends and animals and under a just and peaceful rulership.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Some of us believe that when we believe Jesus is God with us (Emmanuel) and the Word (God) made flesh (Jesus), that when we die our souls go immediately to be with the Lord.  Then He will return to earth and rule for 1000 years in Jerusalem, after which He will reign in a new heavens and new earth--Paradise.  If He rules in our hearts now as Lord, I am sure He will be our Lord and King in the future life.

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

it would be so awesome to plant a garden and not have to weed it. 

Even better in Paradise it is already planted!  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

then what is there to do, just pick? 

Isn't that what Adam and Eve did?  Good thing there won't be any trees of the knowledge of good and evil.

Isa 11:1  There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.

Isa 11:2  And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

Isa 11:3  And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear,

Isa 11:4  but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked.

Isa 11:5  Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins.

Isa 11:6  The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isa 11:7  The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isa 11:8  The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den.

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Isa 11:10  In that day the root of Jesse, who shall stand as a signal for the peoples—of him shall the nations inquire, and his resting place shall be glorious.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

11 hours ago, Chantarelle said:

Yes exactly. Gods purpose for this earth has yet to be fulfilled.   Even when Jesus resurrected Lazarus he was showing what will be done on a massive scale, at least as far as the scriptures make sense to me. I never have found hope in heaven I’ve always wanted to be here surrounded by my family and friends and animals and under a just and peaceful rulership.

There is this lifetime, Then there will be the 1000 year reign of Jesus, Rev 20: 4. then there will be a new Heaven and earth, 2 Pet 3: 13. Rev 21: 1.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

A New Heaven and a New Earth 'wherein dwelleth righteousness' - Praise God!

'But God, who is rich in mercy, 
for his great love wherewith He loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, 
hath quickened us together with Christ, 
(by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, 
and made us sit together in heavenly places 
in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come He might shew 
the exceeding riches of His grace 
in His kindness toward us 
through Christ Jesus.'

(Eph 2:4-7) 

Praise His Holy Name!

With love, in Christ Jesus

Chris

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:53 PM, maryjayne said:

so is there an earthly hope as well as a heavenly one?

My family wont be there, unless they convert to Christianity, which I pray they do. At the moment, and for the past 25 years, they wont even speak to me, not even at my mothers funeral.

I know the feeling maryjayne...  God willing one day we will meet in eternity and we will be a true family .. Better then any family ever was on earth..

As for the topic of the thread the New earth is clearly mentioned in the scriptures and that New earth is not going to be just a nice place to look at from heaven like a picture on the wall.. We are going to inherit it and be with our LORD Jesus there forever in the New Jerusalem..

Psalms 37:

11 "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."